You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > UTPure - Client Side Hack Protection > General Anti-Cheat Discussion

Unread 27th November, 2001, 05:50 PM
JReZIN

Every shoul look at Infiltration's site for the info of this one...
Changing the ServerSideOnly flah @ UTMenu.u for don't allow diferent versions of this files (used for most AimBots...)

http://planetunreal.com/infiltration/

I'm testing it right now... at least no problems... =]
Unread 27th November, 2001, 06:27 PM
DrSiN

This is really no extra protection. It's easier to circumvent than bytehacking CSHP.
Unread 28th November, 2001, 04:52 AM
HogMan

Just read that article too and was wondering about it. I see that you replied saying it would be easy to get around this, but would it at least cut down on more of the general public from using these cheats? For example, I notice the elfbot has you replace your utmenu.u file. Would that method prevent the elfbot from working or someone with the modified menu from connecting to your server? Just curious since I am lacking in knowledge on how people cheat and get around cheat prevention it so easily.

Thank you.

ps, if you care to comment on what byte hacking is, that would be great. Thanks.
Unread 28th November, 2001, 05:56 AM
DarkByte

in technical terms, there is a way to have a modified UTMenu.u that looks identical to an unmodified one such that the loader won't know that the file has been changed.

what it means is that in 1 or 2 weeks, all aimbotters will have a new version of their favorite bots that can bypass this type of protection. The only benefit i see from that is that it could allow to trap some of them for a short period. On the other hand, there is the possibility that some legit players won't be able to connect to your server anymore, like Mac/Linux players, althought i havent checked that for sure. I just recall all the problems we had with UCRC.
Unread 28th November, 2001, 06:34 AM
HogMan

Thank you for the reply. I can see how it probably won't help much, and I would hate to lock out legit players.

Also, thank you for CSHP and UTPure, it is much appreciated.