You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Front Page > News > UnrealAdmin.org > UT

Unread 22nd November, 2010, 11:00 PM
Dominating

Great work Feralidragon!

We do nerd around!
Unread 23rd November, 2010, 12:20 AM
Holy Shit!!

WOW there you go

is cool that you still support ut it's a good game. would have been good back in the day to have an adventure aspect to it - like bt but more along the lines of find the key open the door , talk to the master type thing. Years later I thought about a FPS/SIMS game where you could be a cop or robber of fireman etc. But commune like in SecondLife. goin off topic here...

yeah I like your work so far and I totally didn't even think about SLV's etc. Probably because I assumed that the Mine's would need be Triggered by a Vehicle actually depressing them. In that regard it would be a jeep , tank , GigantaSaurus or something hehe.
Unread 23rd November, 2010, 08:10 AM
Dominating

Both the Air Mine and Vehicular Mine are triggered from "Vehicles", both from my pack, .:..:'s pack and SLV/RX ones.
The Air Mine was built thinking more in SLV and RX (although you need to reload your weapon to 25 ammo to launch one, which means picking up 3 boxes of mines with a loaded weapon, 4 boxes with a 0 ammo weapon), while the Vehicular Mine is mostly for ground vehicles (but it's less powerfull than the air mine, and you need only 10 ammo to deploy one, but you're limited to ground only, and it won't deploy on walls).

For instance, the T-Missile from MultiMissile Launcher only locks onto redeemer missiles, SLV, RX and all the vehicles mentioned above.
I just didn't add support to the TCO one(s) (since I don't know which classes they're from) nor BlackCheetahs (don't know the classes, although I could easilly see them, but it's not worth it).
However, both weapons have a "machine sense" or "lock" list in the ini, so you can take out or add more stuff there that you consider vehicles or relevant machines (I added the translocator and cybots to those lists as well for instance).

NW3 is being developed already thinking in the "future", be regarding other mods, be regarding my own projects I want to finish (because the vehicles were started for a reason). So if anyone comes with a new vehicle pack, or if I suddently find an easy lightweight way to make my vehicles playable online, NW3 will be ready for all of them (or at least that's the intention).

Nali Weapons 3 | Community UT mods

Last edited by Feralidragon : 23rd November, 2010 at 08:14 AM.
Unread 29th November, 2010, 11:41 AM
Godlike

Nice
ip server 1.utbr.org:8888
ip server 1.utbr.org:5555
Unread 15th December, 2010, 08:56 PM
Dominating

GOOD NEWS and BAD NEWS

Well, like the title says, I have bad and good news to give, so I will start with the bad ones:

BAD NEWS:

1 - It happens that it's now impossible for me to release this in December.
I really wanted to release this pack this month, since it would be the best time for almost everyone, however it's now impossible due to certain RL stuff (not "issues", but simply lack of time), and since now it doesn't matter anymore the exact month to release, it will be delayed 1 to 3 months, which means that the new public release time will be between January and March of next year.

2 - There's a weapon I won't do anymore: Cybot Order Giver (or something like that). The point of it was to give orders to cybots to make formations, however I thought a bit further on it and I realized it would completelly useless in-game, and complex to do (not the weapon, but the different formations, since it would need somewhat a more advanced AI and quite a strategical knowledge I currently don't have to make such AI [I suck at chess, nuff said ]).

GOOD NEWS:

1 - The new cybots will be more complex, more intelligent and challenging, and will be visually much more superior (from the transformation to the actual "pawn" movement and animation, or at least should be );

2 - This put, I won't release a main version first and then a Bonus Pack later, instead I will release everything all together: remakes and new weapons announced (well, this might be good news or bad news depending on the perspective).

3 - Before the actual public release, I will potentially need to beta-test it first at a private server (mostly because of the NW3 core), which means I will need beta-testers later, which means that some people might be able to try them out before release. Depending on the number of willing beta-testers, I might have to make a selection, or not even do the whole beta-testing alltogether, we will see.

4 - During the beta-testing time (perhaps 1 or 2 weeks before the actual release), I will try to pull out a simple map for the nukes, not just an empty big room, but I will try to pull a nice looking outdoor map for all kinds of gametypes, but I won't promisse anything.

5 - Although I didn't plan to show further updates, as I had to delay the release, I will post some screens or sneaky pics times to times, since all there's left is the cybot launcher, the nukes, some core features, and the BP content (a melee weapon, one or another utility and the ion nuke), so people don't think this mod is inactive or something (otherwise when it gets released people would have already forgot about it like I saw in other people's mods), when is actually quite active in its development. And talking about it, this is the new Cybot Launcher:

This is all I have to say for now, I hope you all understand (I don't like it this way either, but it has to be this way so the pack fullfills everyone's minimal expectations).

Unread 30th December, 2010, 12:16 PM
Godlike

No worrie dude, its ready when its ready!
Unread 1st March, 2011, 08:15 AM
Killing Spree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralidragon View Post
the new public release time will be between January and March of next year.
out yet?
Unread 1st March, 2011, 04:08 PM
Dominating

Quote:
Originally Posted by W!zArd View Post
out yet?
Unfortunatelly, no... :\
I am finishing the Cybot Launcher (took me 2 months... most complex weapon for a reason...), here's small pic set about the cybot android:

I will update this topic (as other topics) hopefully within this week giving the full cybots screenshots and more details about the status of this pack, but trust me, its development is very active, it just happens that these last 2 months were fully dedicated to this weapon in particular for a couple of reasons I will specify later on that post).

But in resume, don't expect it this month, March is the month for fixing and enhancing what's already done, as to do the nuclear weapons (I really hate to keep delaying this myself...).

Unread 5th March, 2011, 11:14 PM
Dominating

Default DEVELOPMENT UPDATE (05-Mar-2011) - Cybot Launcher Finished

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE (05-Mar-2011) - Cybot Launcher Finished

If anyone wondered if this pack was still under development, read below (screenshots below as well):

138 classes, more than 100 texture files, 73 new 3D models and 2 months of development later, the Cybot Launcher is finally ready (finished it today).
Like I said previouslly, this was the most complex part of the NW3 pack and it would take time to finish, specially since I never did AI or Pawn animations (ended up to find further engine bugs on the way too regarding pawns), never the development of a single weapon took me this much time, but personally I am quite glad I could at least finish it the way I somewhat intended to, plus the most difficult thing in the pack was achieved, so now the rest is "relativelly easy" to make.

Although it was quite difficult to make, it's very easy to use and quite fun as well. It's a weapon classified as "Super Weapon", which means Redeemer's class, plus they are able to battle eachothers and are fully optimized for team games (2 to 4 teams), specially visually.
It can carry up to 15 ammo, however you get only 5 ammo at pickup (so basically you would need to get 3 launchers to get 15 ammo).

The cybots will fight and can get killed, and they are (F and G stand for "Follower" and "Guardian" respectivelly):

#1 - Sentinel - Stationary cybot, attacks incoming enemies with its blaster (1 ammo needed);
#2 - Dual Sentinel - An advanced version of the Sentinel: it holds 2 blasters so it attacks 2x faster (2 ammo needed);
#3 - Android F - A cybot which can walk, run, jump, cut heads off while jumping, as also a blaster, dodges incoming projectiles (when possible), etc... and follows you around (3 ammo needed);
#4 - Android G - Same as Android F, but this one doesn't follow you around, it stays at the place you deployed until it spots an enemy (3 ammo needed);
#5 - Heli F - Flies around following you and attacking enemies with a dual blaster, and dodges incoming projectiles, however it doesn't fire a while doing so (5 ammo needed);
#6 - Heli G - Same as Heli F, but doesn't follow you, it stays where it was deployed (it still moves around though) (5 ammo needed);
#7 - Drone F - It's a flying cybot with much more freedom than Heli, faster, it makes much less noise and it's harder to hit, and at times it fires up to 3 sequences of 7 following projectiles to hit different enemies at range, can fire while dodging, and follows you around (8 ammo needed);
#8 - Drone G - Same as Drone F, but doesn't follow you, it stays where it was deployed (it still moves around though) (8 ammo needed);
#9 - Kamikaze - It's a suicidal exploding cybot: it charges up for about 3 seconds (making the center light bigger and brighter), and makes a huge explosion, covering an area slightly bigger than the Redeemer (8 ammo needed);
#10 - F-Field - Also known as Force Field, it simply won't let any projectile pass through it's boundaries, friend or foe, although anyone is able to fire projectiles from the inside. From each time it receives damage through the field, it gets smaller, however this is the only cybot which can regenerate and grow big again to its initial state. There's a an option in the ini to also kill enemy pawns attempting to physically invade the field, but it's false by default (8 ammo needed);
#11 - Vortex - By far the best cybot you will want to get your hand on: it creates a quantum vortex and pulls everything at its reach (except projectiles). It frequently discharges some energy to the ground breaking it and atracting further matter into it (12 ammo needed).

------------------------------------------------------------
Some Notes:

Also, as you might imagine, the release time of NW3 will be again delayed (I never thought to take this much time, even thought I somewhat knew a long was needed for this weapon in particular), but this time I won't stablish a time, instead I will say what's still left to be done to release the pack:
- Some addons and fixes to the core and some already finished weapons;
- The nukes (about 5 of them, including the new Megaton and UltimaProtos, been saving some core visual features exclusivelly for these 2);
- A simple melee weapon;
- A few "utilities" (2 or 3, easy stuff)
- A few mutators
- Some new pickups to replace the standard ones

So as you see, the release gets closer and closer, and the development is not stopped, and there isn't that much to be done.

------------------------------------------------------------
SCREENSHOTS:

Unread 5th March, 2011, 11:47 PM
Unstoppable

Looks awesome mate. I watched your preview video, and I though if super bolt rifle could also have a twin weapon like the combo instagib shock rifle. You know the same weapon with "balls". I though it would be interesting, maybe should also be added an anti spam balls function.

Last edited by iloveut99 : 5th March, 2011 at 11:50 PM.
Unread 6th March, 2011, 12:32 AM
Unstoppable

Looks insanely brillant, can't wait for the release when it comes!
Unread 7th March, 2011, 10:10 AM
Dominating

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveut99 View Post
Looks awesome mate. I watched your preview video, and I though if super bolt rifle could also have a twin weapon like the combo instagib shock rifle. You know the same weapon with "balls". I though it would be interesting, maybe should also be added an anti spam balls function.
Yeah, might be a good idea, although I am not seeing anyone switch their "shockrifles" with NW3 based "boltrifles" (most players don't like this sort of change, specially people aiming for ZP, something NW3 doesn't have nor won't have, although I have some ideas of my own in how to do such).

For now I won't modify the current super bolt, instead at release if someone wants such weapon I can do it afterwards (one of the NW3 advantages is being able to add more weapons after release if I want, without updating the entire thing, as the setup is "modular" this time and not "integrated", so admins just have to add or take out extra weapons from the main ini [there will be 3 inis for NW3 btw]).

Unread 19th March, 2011, 07:21 PM
Banned

How Do I Download People!

And I Don't Mean I Want To Download People Off The Internet!!
Unread 21st March, 2011, 09:35 PM
Dominating

I will be honest, that may be the strangest way I saw someone asking for the download link / release (I thought you were a bot, but an admin cleared that out for me).

Answering then your "question": there's no download link... yet. This pack is still under active development, and will stay that way for a while, and idk for sure when it's going to be ready (I only have a couple of hours to work on this per day since January).

Unread 24th March, 2011, 11:55 AM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralidragon View Post
I will be honest, that may be the strangest way I saw someone asking for the download link / release (I thought you were a bot, but an admin cleared that out for me).

Answering then your "question": there's no download link... yet. This pack is still under active development, and will stay that way for a while, and idk for sure when it's going to be ready (I only have a couple of hours to work on this per day since January).

Take your time buddy. I'm sure everyone would want a working finished product rather than a rushed release with lots of bugs.

I'm looking forward to try the new weapons
Unread 11th April, 2011, 05:33 AM
Holy Shit!!

was just thinking Feral-dragon some how need to get this out to gamers.. moddb as well if not already there.

try and stir up a bit of interest.. I may even link your site to some of the servers maybe other game admins will do the same.

anyway mate can't wait for this to be released.
Unread 11th April, 2011, 06:17 PM
Dominating

This topic already exists in many UT websites/forums, including moddb.

I even created a Facebook page (type "nali weapons 3 facebook" on google, it should be the first result), which has 65 likes so far.

And there's also my own blog/website which has some updates regarding this, sometimes google shows "nali weapons 3" as sugestion while you type "nali ", so I guess is enough spreaded.

Unread 8th May, 2011, 03:48 PM
Godlike

Hi Ferailidragon

Sent you a PM

Any updates on a possible release date?
I've been playin around with NaliWeaponsIIX - great fun!

cant wait to see III

Piley
Unread 8th May, 2011, 09:40 PM
Dominating

About a release date, unfortunatelly I can't still give one.

All I can say is that I am doing the nuclear weapons now, from which I already finished the new big mushroom like nuke (level 4), and it sure doesn't look anything like the previous one, it's much more realistic in all aspects, specially effects and shockwave, and it was quite difficult to make specially effects wise and I lost too much time "playing" with it lately, delaying the progress further :\ ...

Either ways, I started today working in the level 5 nuke (the ultimaprotos nuke effect, not the weapon itself yet), which is also difficult since it has very very specfic effects and it needs to look much more powerfull (should be the most impressive explosion of the pack, so this one will be very difficult).

Soon I will make another development update showing the new Nuclear Launcher and 1 nuclear effect, I won't show the UltimaProtos one until release (I don't want to spoil the entire thing).

I could post the nuke which is ready, but I prefer to make updates which say "this is done, moving to next set of weapons/features".

Unread 9th May, 2011, 05:55 AM
Godlike

Keep in mind you can now add attachment files to the HoF forum so when you release your mod you can upload it in your post. I might have to adjust the maximum file size but no worries.