You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Front Page > News > UnrealAdmin.org > UT

Unread 12th March, 2012, 01:19 PM
Godlike

Hi Feralidragon

Ah no worries - we all know how real life can take time away.
Makes sense to release it when its right, not right now!

We'll keep an eye on the forums and thanks for letting us know.

Piley
Unread 23rd March, 2012, 10:18 AM
Godlike

While we wait....

In NW2 I noticed some guns can have three relics attached - eg: amp, fast and infinity. How does that work and is it only for some guns?
Unread 23rd March, 2012, 08:42 PM
Dominating

In MH mode, when you pickup a weapon it randomizes a "relic" to be used with that weapon.
Most of these relics can be changed and picked up around in maps.

However, there's 1 special kind of relic that you can never pickup, you can only obtain it in that random relic selection on weapon pickup, but there's a low probability of getting it in the picked up weapon.

This relic is called "The One", and it makes your weapon able to hold 3 relics at the same time (although you have to pick those 3 ones by yourself around the map).
There's another limitation: you can never change the picked up relics, so once you fill it up, it will stay with the same 3 relics no matter what you do (until you either drop the weapon or get killed).

All the weapons (except super weapons and nukes) can have it, but the probability of actually getting one is low, therefore you get one with a bit of luck.

Personally, once I got that relic, damage+fast+infinity was my favorite combo

Nali Weapons 3 | Community UT mods

Last edited by Feralidragon : 23rd March, 2012 at 08:45 PM.
Unread 24th March, 2012, 08:57 AM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralidragon View Post
In MH mode, when you pickup a weapon it randomizes a "relic" to be used with that weapon.
Most of these relics can be changed and picked up around in maps.

However, there's 1 special kind of relic that you can never pickup, you can only obtain it in that random relic selection on weapon pickup, but there's a low probability of getting it in the picked up weapon.

This relic is called "The One", and it makes your weapon able to hold 3 relics at the same time (although you have to pick those 3 ones by yourself around the map).
There's another limitation: you can never change the picked up relics, so once you fill it up, it will stay with the same 3 relics no matter what you do (until you either drop the weapon or get killed).

All the weapons (except super weapons and nukes) can have it, but the probability of actually getting one is low, therefore you get one with a bit of luck.

Personally, once I got that relic, damage+fast+infinity was my favorite combo
Excellent!

Thanks for the explanation

I'm running out of NW2 questions so bring on NW3!!
Unread 10th April, 2012, 03:17 AM
Dominating

FINAL DEVELOPMENT UPDATE (10-April-2012)

Well, ladies and gentlemen, this is the last development update before actual release of this mod. All weapons are done, however some work is still left to do to truly complete the mod: some changes, enhancements and fixes, some features, optimizations, addons, support for future projects of mine, menus to tweak the settings, documentation (yes, I will make a full extensive doc on all you need to know, either you're an admin or player, dev docs may come later if there's any interest which I kinda doubt, so I won't do those for now, but I will let the code open like I always do, so...), and then a small private beta-testing to ensure everything is fine and then release.

And as tradition demands, a development update comes always with new things to look at, in this case the two last weapons from this pack: the Executioner and Razored Translocator, as you can see below.
One of the totally new things introduced with both weapons is the appearance of actual blood in the blades of each weapon. Not only "red blood", but 5 possible colors as mercenaries have green blood for instance. Each weapon has a command that can be used to clean the blood from them if you wish: CleanBlades (Executioner) and CleanRazor (R.T.).

The Executioner
This is the melee weapon of the pack, it comes with 4 configurable different firemodes, from which you can choose 2: single, double, single+double mix and charged attack.
With charged attack you have pretty much the same destructive and impact effect from impact hammer, which means instant killing upon charging and "charged jumps".

Razored Translocator (R.T.)
The R.T. is a special kind of translocator that has 2 possible device modes: a regular one and one with blades.
The regular one will work pretty much like the standard one physics-wise, however once you activate the blades it will behave a like a Ripper blade, but hitting walls endlessly.
When you activate the blades, you can cut down enemies (several at once since it passes through their flesh) and translocate to great distances, however it brings the disadvantage of being bigger (so it cannot pass through narrow spaces), the travel is a bit more turbulent, it's slower to relaunch, and since it never stops you can never really rely on its position, and if you do monitor it, with the action UT has you may as well get fragged while you wait and look intently to the trajectory of this device.
But if however you don't like one of the modes, you can disable either one, as configure lots of settings, such as: fx, sounds, speed, etc.

There are 2 new fx you can choose from (actually 4, but 2 of them are: no fx and standard teleport fx from UT):
* glowing team-colored particles: these leave a glowing decay in both points that quickly fades away like dust;
* dark particles: basically the dark version of the one above (better for dark places to not be noticed).

Well, I won't announce a final release date just yet because bad delaying-kind stuff happens whenever I set a date, but I would say that the progress is pretty much at 95% now, so all I ask you to wait a little bit longer as it's almost ready.

Thanks for your support so far

Unread 10th April, 2012, 11:23 AM
Godlike

I think I'm going to have at attaned a NW3 course so I can fully understand everything

Great update and thank you for sharing.
Unread 27th April, 2012, 08:06 AM
Forum Newcomer

Default xy

Looks like nice work!
Unread 27th April, 2012, 05:39 PM
Godlike

and now we wait for the release
Unread 6th June, 2012, 01:48 PM
Godlike

Sing it people! (I hope)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw&ob=av3e

Last edited by Pileyrei : 6th June, 2012 at 01:51 PM.
Unread 5th July, 2012, 05:13 PM
Dominating

Still in the phase of fixes and enhancements, but since some months have passed and someone at moddb just screamed "update please!", I thought... well, why not?
As for a release, well, 1st preview in August 2010, 2nd preview in August 2011, release... perhaps you can guess where this is going.
Let's see if I can match that time (during that month I will have plenty of time for this thus perhaps that will be "the time").

To whoever saw the 2nd preview of NW3, in the end of the video I have shown the Megaton nuclear explosion at the time and the guided nuke HUD.
If you don't remember those, I invite you to just check the nuke part of the video to see the "old" ones.
Anyway, I found those a bit "meh.." and decided to enhance both a bit (along with all the nuclear explosions and all the other NW3 weapons).

So as an example of those enhancements, I present you the Megaton nuke enhancement and guided nuke HUD enhancement, still not perfect, but I won't enhance these any further, so this is an example of what you should expect in the final release.
Sorry for the huge development time, but I didn't have that much of a choice...

Unread 5th July, 2012, 07:39 PM
Godlike

Hooray!

Thanks for the update.
Can't wait to get it installed.

I'm sure you have a million test servers but if you need one more, PLEASE let me know
Unread 6th July, 2012, 08:45 AM
Dominating

heej ! just keep going on, hope u "find" the time

We do nerd around!
Unread 6th July, 2012, 05:20 PM
Holy Shit!!

Waiting patiently on the release.

Unread 10th July, 2012, 10:04 AM
Killing Spree

Waiting impatiently on the release.
Unread 12th August, 2012, 08:03 AM
Godlike

Just wanted to wish everyone a very happy AUGUST....

That is all.
Unread 12th August, 2012, 04:03 PM
Godlike

Nicely done Pileyrei. Now I have to clean the coffee off my laptop screen.
Unread 12th August, 2012, 11:43 PM
Dominating

I may as well provide some feedback on this:
the release is closer than you guys think (yeah, August is a nice month...), and that's all for now.

And a screenie, as tradition demands:

Unread 13th August, 2012, 07:00 AM
Godlike

August is a GREAT month.

Thanks for the latest screenie, its droolicious!!

Now finally we all get to sing.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=AyggY_R3jU8

Last edited by Pileyrei : 15th August, 2012 at 06:48 AM.
Unread 18th August, 2012, 01:28 AM
Dominating

New UDamage:

Unread 18th August, 2012, 06:59 AM
Godlike

Does it come with a d/l link?