You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > UTPure - Client Side Hack Protection > General Anti-Cheat Discussion

Unread 22nd May, 2003, 01:52 PM
Confed<{VDS}>

i was wondering why utpure cant duplicate what Tactical ops use ( T.O.S.T) <<< this line of cheat protection works better than any ive ever come acrossed ,many simple mods i have installed in UT will not work there like names scroller and bd mods skins , as soon as i activate em TOST catches them immediatly and boots me , that tells me that there using somthing alittle more sensitive ,, and because tactical and ut use same inis to play them then i know its not because these mods arent compatable just more sensitive , any ways could we duplicate this anticheat protection or try a prototype??
Unread 23rd May, 2003, 09:43 AM
TNSe

I don't know anything about TOST, but what I do know, is that it is for a mod of UT. And I doubt that TO has the insane amounts of mods & mutators that it has to be compatible with.
Unread 23rd May, 2003, 02:05 PM
LeeBe

But when MD5 comes along there wont be a need to invent a new protection tool.
Does anyone have an eta on MD5? I was hoping it would be in 451
Unread 23rd May, 2003, 08:49 PM
{FKK}Z

They are testing it now. I was told it could 2 weeks or 2 months. They want all of the bugs out of it before they release the next one. The next patch should be the one with MD5 though.
Unread 26th May, 2003, 12:25 PM
TNSe

heh, I want md5
Unread 26th May, 2003, 04:16 PM
zZzash

the author of TOProtect (external MD5 check program) said that he might make a version for TO if he gets the current one stable for TO..
Unread 26th May, 2003, 09:36 PM
Gerco

Just out of curiosity, but would md5 really deliver a protection boost? Can't a cheater just change the code that checks the md5sums of the UT files?
Unread 26th May, 2003, 10:15 PM
]KiK[-NuFF$@iD

theres cheats available for TO that beat the current TOProtect2 and tost "almost called it TOAST " anyway does anyone have the info on this md5 checksum method, like a rough time table of when its gonna arive and how do they plan to protect the md5 check from getting hacked itself ?.
Unread 1st June, 2003, 08:10 AM
zZzash

first: all cheats that were released to bypass both TOST and TP did not alter any files(even ELF did not hack imho)

you ask why TP is so secure ?

well its compiled as native code and encrypted which is MUCH more secure then the nametable obfuscator for unrealscript(in fact, the only guy who hacked TP till now helped the TP-team to make it even more secure)
Unread 1st June, 2003, 08:44 PM
Jubei

md5 summing actually works quite well. There are still few working cheats for 2k3, which uses md5 sums and allowed packages.

Unfortunately, there are triggerbots that dont use hacked system files, so what we need is something in pure that defines what mods ur allowed in ur system dir, and md5 those also. Or allow the server admins to add allowed mutators and the md5 sums for those.

that should prevent other muts being loaded.

How likely TNSe? And when is 6d comin?
Unread 2nd June, 2003, 05:35 AM
just**me<{VDS}>

How about allowing admins to validate clients with a command at any time along with pure validating at the onset of each map?

Could this be done by allowing an admin to set a customized validation password. Then having a command that could be used without logging in as an administrator that would run the validation process again.
Unread 6th June, 2003, 02:26 AM
Silax

Quote:
Originally posted by TNSe
I don't know anything about TOST, but what I do know, is that it is for a mod of UT. And I doubt that TO has the insane amounts of mods & mutators that it has to be compatible with.
I dno anything about TOST tbh. But isnt there a way to block all mods from a player except from forcedefaultmodels ?
Afaik it's the only mod thats usefull in a game.
Unread 6th June, 2003, 11:34 AM
MadOnion

As TNSe already stated UT is a different matter because of the many mods - of course you could block all mods, but that would sure start some whining.

TOP is good, but a tremendous amount of work, compared to what could be done if md5 was directly implemented in the UT engine. Unfortunately I am afraid we won't get the sources for MacOS / Linux for free so we can do this.