You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > General > Suggestions & Comments

Unread 5th February, 2011, 11:23 PM
Holy Shit!!

Default Redirection Issues

ok so I was asked to post some info from one of my posts here in regards to these sorts of things.

if some0ne could add these things to the wiki that would be excellent.

ok so we install a new map and then try to play it.

the server crashes and goe's to a random map of some description.

how do we play these newly installed maps?

basically when a map crashes it will make a log to the server.log file.

like so ;

Code:
Line 3715: Log: ngWorldStats: Failed to launch batcher.
Line 3766: Warning: Failed to load 'CTF-LavaGiant.unr': Can't find file 'CTF-LavaGiant.unr'
Line 3767: Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find file 'CTF-LavaGiant.unr'
Line 4633: Warning: Failed to load 'Equaz': Can't find file for package 'Equaz'
Line 4634: Warning: Failed to load 'CTF-BT-Destiny_fix.unr': Can't find file for package 'Equaz'
Line 4635: Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find file for package 'Equaz'
Line 4657: ScriptLog: Map change Failed, bad or missing map file. TravelMap: CTF-BT-Destiny_fix
Line 5541: Warning: Failed to load 'WOTDetail': Can't find file for package 'WOTDetail'
Line 5542: Warning: Failed to load 'ForsakenT': Can't find file for package 'WOTDetail'
Line 5543: Warning: Failed to load 'CTF-BT-KnighTfarE][-v2.unr': Can't find file for package 'WOTDetail'
Line 5544: Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find file for package 'WOTDetail'
Line 5554: ScriptLog: Map change Failed, bad or missing map file. TravelMap: CTF-BT-KnighTfarE][-v2
Now , basically the problem with the above 2 maps is ... there are 2 files missing.. these files were not included in the packages for the downloaded maps.

in these cases teh following 2 files are needed;
equaz.utx
WOTDetail.utx

find these and add them to server , re-load the map and see if crashes again go back and see what other files are missing :\ Until the BlueFlash happens and success is achieved.

as a tip to find these problems , you will need to either Notepad++ > 'find-in-files' > 'System folder', '*.log' , "fail" for windows.

or Grep , ^^

Moving on to Slow Downloads. (Redirection issues)

Sometimes you will have all files on your server as well as on your redirect server.

[S] <-> [R]

the problem is that the files need to be CASE SENSITIVE.

Try the above search-processes but this time instead of the word "fail" try "send"

now you will see all files that the server is trying to send to clients and amazingly it will send them at a staggering pace of a 'slug'.

for these instances open up your FTP Client and open up your Server Folder in the left-hand pane, and your redirect server in the right-hand pane.

find the file in both pane's , taking note of the spelling (CaSe-SeNsItiViTy) of each one.

The correct spelling of the redirected filename should be located in the Server.log file.

Rename the file on the Redirect (Right-hand-pane) to what -ever it is spelt as in the server.log.

the best way to test these things is to use a new install of ut. and download every file from the server. Alternatively you can clear your cache usign cacheXtractor and connect to the server again and download the files that way.

sorry if this all sounds a bit wishywashy .. just not in mood for long detailed explanations atm. may revise this later on.

Hard to resolve issues ;

when 2 files are named the same but are different!

this one is tricky , so consider the following;

I have 3 maps which all use a particular version of WOTDetail.utx

its file size indicates that it is say 1.2mb

I download a new map which surprisingly enough contains a file named WOTDetail.utx

it's file size is only 456kb

Which version would you keep ?

recommended to DELETE the new map and move-on.

Cheers.

updated: There is a tool to check maps for missing/needed files name UnrealDependencies whic you can download from here

cheers
Unread 6th February, 2011, 06:49 AM
Banned

One trick to add to this. Say you have several maps all needing the file spinner.u to work. You look at the logs and one map needs Spinner.u while another needs spinner.u and a third needs SPINNER.u....oy vey.

Well here is how to get around duplicate files in the redirect:
1) Compress spinner.u so you have "spinner.u.uz" then upload it to the redirect folder.
2) Rename your local "spinner.u.uz" to "spinner1.u.uz" and upload it to the redirect folder.
3) Once it is on there simply rename "spinner1.u.uz" to "Spinner.u.uz" and then do it again, renaming it to "SPINNER.u.uz".
4) When done you will have multiple files with the same name but different case, and this will sort your redirect issues for those particular problems.
Unread 7th February, 2011, 04:22 AM
Holy Shit!!

excellent addon's gopostal Cheers!

may write a Wiki on this if/when I sus out how exactly to do that lmao.
Unread 7th February, 2011, 06:18 AM
Unstoppable

hehe remember from my pr0n server:

AbbeySkins_Nude vs AbbeySkins_nude ... what a pest.
Unread 7th February, 2011, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopostal View Post
One trick to add to this. Say you have several maps all needing the file spinner.u to work. You look at the logs and one map needs Spinner.u while another needs spinner.u and a third needs SPINNER.u....oy vey.

Well here is how to get around duplicate files in the redirect:
1) Compress spinner.u so you have "spinner.u.uz" then upload it to the redirect folder.
2) Rename your local "spinner.u.uz" to "spinner1.u.uz" and upload it to the redirect folder.
3) Once it is on there simply rename "spinner1.u.uz" to "Spinner.u.uz" and then do it again, renaming it to "SPINNER.u.uz".
4) When done you will have multiple files with the same name but different case, and this will sort your redirect issues for those particular problems.
That is a lot of work when you can fix this simply by using a .htaccess rule and/or using symbolic links in Linux (saves space too)

UT-FILES.COM
Get your files
Unread 7th February, 2011, 09:47 AM
Unstoppable

that won't fix all problems, like my example, some maps wanted the lower case version another map the other version. Both files where on the server and they didn't have the same size. So it resolved in a version mismatch untill i renamed the biggest file like gopostal say, then it worked fine from there on, but i always wonder if players having the low sized file will get version mismatch on connecting ......
Unread 7th February, 2011, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDane View Post
that won't fix all problems, like my example, some maps wanted the lower case version another map the other version. Both files where on the server and they didn't have the same size. So it resolved in a version mismatch untill i renamed the biggest file like gopostal say, then it worked fine from there on, but i always wonder if players having the low sized file will get version mismatch on connecting ......
Well obviously it wont cure them if the files are different other than just case, but for case sensitivity concerns, .htaccess or using symbolic links (linux) will be the best approach.

UT-FILES.COM
Get your files