You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 3 > UT3 Server - Windows Specific

Unread 21st November, 2007, 03:03 PM
Forum Newcomer

Cool Incomplete Default Configuration?

Is it me or has Epic ignored most of the gametypes in their dedicated server config files? By default, there is no map rotation defined for VCTF, as there is for most of the other gametypes. It seems like they either whipped this config together last minute or borrowed it from UT2K4.

If I want to serve-up some VCTF, I have to really edit the Game.ini just to get started. I noticed this when I tried to run a server with voting enabled and an error message during startup reported that voting would be disabled because there is no map list.

Anyway, I see some great examples of Game.ini edits here but nothing for VCTF yet. If anyone has one they could post so I could get this running quickly, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, I will post my edits when I get things working correctly.
Unread 21st November, 2007, 05:40 PM
Rampage

Here you go:

I can verify VCTF is working on our server.

Code:
GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTDeathmatch",Maps=("DM-Arsenal","DM-Biohazard","DM-Sanctuary","DM-Deck","DM-Defiance","DM-Deimos","DM-Diesel","DM-Gateway","DM-HeatRay","DM-Fearless","DM-RisingSun","DM-Sentinel","DM-ShangriLa","DM-Carbonfire"))
GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTTeamGame",Maps=("DM-Arsenal","DM-Biohazard","DM-Sanctuary","DM-Deck","DM-Defiance","DM-Deimos","DM-Diesel","DM-Gateway","DM-HeatRay","DM-Fearless","DM-RisingSun","DM-Sentinel","DM-ShangriLa","DM-Carbonfire"))
GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTCTFGame_Content",Maps=("CTF-Coret","CTF-Hydrosis","CTF-Reflection","CTF-Vertebrae","CTF-OmicronDawn","CTF-Strident"))
GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTVehicleCTFGame_Content",Maps=("VCTF-Kargo","VCTF-Suspense","VCTF-Corruption","VCTF-Containment","VCTF-Sandstorm","VCTF-Necropolis"))
GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTOnslaughtGame_Content",Maps=("WAR-Downtown","WAR-Dusk","WAR-Islander","WAR-Avalanche","WAR-Torlan","WAR-OnyxCoast","WAR-Powersurge","WAR-Serenity","WAR-FloodGate","WAR-Torlan_Necris",))
Unread 21st November, 2007, 11:37 PM
Forum Newcomer

Default Works like a charm!

Thanks, Flak! That did the trick.
Unread 10th February, 2009, 03:20 PM
Killing Spree

hi,ive just rented a server and was wondering if you could tell me how to loop two maps to play one after the other,i want to play torlan and primeval and was hoping youcould post the relevant ini file or tell me how to do it pls.....thx in advance...