You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament > UT Server - Windows Specific

Unread 17th May, 2010, 08:06 PM
Holy Shit!!

Default Server crashes all 4 of them a lot.

This is one that happens a lot.

AActor::TestCanSeeMe
AActor:layerCanSeeMe
UObject:rocessEvent
(TFemaleMasterChunk CTF-BT-OldMill-v2.TFemaleMasterChunk531, Function Botpack.UTCreatureChunks.Dead.Timer)
AActor::Tick
TickAllActors
ULevel::Tick
(NetMode=1)
TickLevel
UGameEngine::Tick
UpdateWorld
UServerCommandlet::Main
Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
General protection fault!

History: AActor::TestCanSeeMe <- AActor:layerCanSeeMe <- UObject:rocessEvent <- (TFemaleMasterChunk CTF-BT-OldMill-v2.TFemaleMasterChunk531, Function Botpack.UTCreatureChunks.Dead.Timer) <- AActor::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=1) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- UServerCommandlet::Main

Exiting due to error

this is one:

Mover CTF-BT-CityBlock.Mover27 (Function Engine.Mover.MakeGroupReturn:0000) Infinite script recursion (250 calls) detected
FFrame::Serialize
UObject:rocessEvent
(Mover CTF-BT-CityBlock.Mover20, Function Engine.Mover.EncroachingOn)
ULevel::CheckEncroachment
ULevel::MoveActor
physMovingBrush
AActor::performPhysics
TickAllActors
(NetMode=1)
TickLevel
UpdateWorld
Mover CTF-BT-CityBlock.Mover27 (Function Engine.Mover.MakeGroupReturn:0000) Infinite script recursion (250 calls) detected

History: FFrame::Serialize <- UObject:rocessEvent <- (Mover CTF-BT-CityBlock.Mover20, Function Engine.Mover.EncroachingOn) <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::MoveActor <- physMovingBrush <- AActor::performPhysics <- AActor::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=1) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- UServerCommandlet::Main

Exiting due to error

final one

AActor::TestCanSeeMe
AActor:layerCanSeeMe
AActor:rocessState
Object BiterFishSchool CTF-BT-TombRaider-v1b.BiterFishSchool8, Old State State UnrealShare.BiterFishSchool.wandering, New State State UnrealShare.BiterFishSchool.wandering
TickAllActors
(NetMode=1)
TickLevel
UpdateWorld
General protection fault!

History: AActor::TestCanSeeMe <- AActor:layerCanSeeMe <- AActor:rocessState <- Object BiterFishSchool CTF-BT-TombRaider-v1b.BiterFishSchool8, Old State State UnrealShare.BiterFishSchool.wandering, New State State UnrealShare.BiterFishSchool.wandering <- AActor::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=1) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- UServerCommandlet::Main

Exiting due to error

And there all with other maps so its not map related as far as i can see it.

Those 3 happen a lot. Never saw it before but the last 2 hours like 8 times.

Nothing has been changed to the server. Only thing i noticed 3 players entering who are banned could be coincidents or they have something to crash it with.

Anyone any idea?
Unread 18th May, 2010, 09:09 AM
Holy Shit!!

It would be better if you noticed patterns. Do people enter just before the crash? Maybe look at the player id's and look for similarities in players that are on server when it crashes? Also you are on a dedicated server so I would suggest you install a packet sniffer. I've been able to weed of alot of crashers this way.

Unread 18th May, 2010, 01:50 PM
Banned

A small write up on the problem here:
http://www.utsurvival.com/DevForum/s...light=canseeme

Looks like it's biterfish for you. If it continues I can script a simple replace mod that will fix it for you, or tack it onto a mod you are already using on the server. It's a simple code fix. The chunk part though is under "carcass" and I can't fix that. Too many classes involved.

Last edited by gopostal : 18th May, 2010 at 01:55 PM.
Unread 18th May, 2010, 07:08 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopostal View Post
A small write up on the problem here:
http://www.utsurvival.com/DevForum/s...light=canseeme

Looks like it's biterfish for you. If it continues I can script a simple replace mod that will fix it for you, or tack it onto a mod you are already using on the server. It's a simple code fix. The chunk part though is under "carcass" and I can't fix that. Too many classes involved.
looks like bt++ is the problem accuring to anthrax.
Unread 18th May, 2010, 11:31 PM
Banned

Anth knows far more than I ever will. I'm very curious what he had to say?
Unread 19th May, 2010, 12:29 AM
Administrator

I haven't examined these logs yet but your previous problem looked very similar and was most definitely caused by BTPlusPlus. The problem is that BT++ sets the bBlockPlayers parameter to false for all playerpawns in the level. That way the players can't collide with eachother but they do collide with the scenery and with other actors. In some cases this collision behaviour causes infinite script recursions. I won't go into too much detail because these bugs can be exploited to crash the server but one of the buggy functions is Engine.Pawn.Traceshot. Unfortunately most of these functions have to be patched in the UT source itself. It's extremely tricky to patch them outside the source, especially if the functions are native (eg: AActor::TestCanSeeMe). The only short term solution I can see is to disable the ghost mod or to patch BTPlusPlus.