You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - Windows Specific

Unread 2nd June, 2005, 10:14 PM
Forum Newcomer

Default Duplicate Gameconfigs and Gamemake3?

I need help!
When I play INVGIB and the level is over we mapvote and when we do one of two things happen..

A) Server switches to default map.

B) switches to level voted but no mutators associated with INVGIB are loaded.

I'm running duplicate gametypes, these are the duplicated ones from my ini.....

GameType=(GameName="INVBIN",HideVote=False,Clan=Tr ue,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName=".:°G OW°:. Public All Gametypes Server",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix="none",GameCl ass="SkaarjPack.Invasion",Mutators="UT2004RPG.MutU T2004RPG,ApocMatrixMoves_v104b.MutMatrixMoves,sato reMonsterPackv120.mutsatoreMonsterPack,UnrealGame. MutLowGrav,AkimBinBeta.BinSlayer,Deez2.MutDeezNutz ",Commands="?MaxLives=1?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=0?Mi nPlayers=1?MaxPlayers=10?MaxSpectators=4?Transloca tor=True?WeaponStay=False?BalanceTeams=True?ForceR espawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=True?Tournament=0? GamePassword=?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.40?FF=0. 00?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3?Difficu lty=0?bCustomGame=True")
GameType=(GameName="INVGIB",HideVote=False,Clan=Tr ue,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName=".:°G OW°:. Public All Gametypes Server",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix="none",GameCl ass="SkaarjPack.Invasion",Mutators="UT2004RPG.MutU T2004RPG,ApocMatrixMoves_v104b.MutMatrixMoves,sato reMonsterPackv120.mutsatoreMonsterPack,UnrealGame. MutLowGrav,XxxXTransV3a.MutXxxXTranslocator,XxxXES Rv2i.MutXxxXInstaGib",Commands="?MaxLives=1?GoalSc ore=0?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=1?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSp ectators=4?Translocator=True?BalanceTeams=False?Fo rceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=True?Tournamen t=0?GamePassword=?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.36?F F=0.00?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3?Dif ficulty=3?bCustomGame=True")
GameType=(GameName="INVGOW",HideVote=False,Clan=Tr ue,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName=".:°G OW°:. Public All Gametypes Server",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix="none",GameCl ass="SkaarjPack.Invasion",Mutators="UT2004RPG.MutU T2004RPG,ApocMatrixMoves_v104b.MutMatrixMoves,sato reMonsterPackv120.mutsatoreMonsterPack,UnrealGame. MutLowGrav,Arkon2004.ArkWeapMut",Commands="?MaxLiv es=1?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=1?MaxPlaye rs=16?MaxSpectators=4?Translocator=True?WeaponStay =True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?Player sMustBeReady=True?Tournament=0?GamePassword=?GameS tats=False?GameSpeed=1.36?FF=0.00?NoOverTime=False ?VsBots=False?NumBots=3?Difficulty=3?bCustomGame=T rue")
GameType=(GameName="JailBreak",HideVote=False,Clan =True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName=".: °GOW°:. Public All Gametypes Server",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="JB-Arlon-Gold",MapPrefix="JB",AltMapPrefix="none",GameClass ="Jailbreak.Jailbreak",Mutators="JBAddonNoJailKill .JBAddonNoJailKill,JBAddonAvenger.JBAddonAvenger,J BAddonCelebration.JBAddonCelebration,JBAddonLlama. JBAddonLlama,JBAddonProtection.JBAddonProtection,J BAddonTeleport.JBAddonTeleport,utcompv16.mututcomp ",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=45?M inPlayers=1?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=4?Transloc ator=True?WeaponStay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceR espawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=True?Tournament=0? GamePassword=?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.25?FF=0. 00?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3?Difficu lty=3?bCustomGame=True")
GameType=(GameName="JB-GIB",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,Ma pLimits=0,ServerName=".:°GOW°:. Public All Gametypes Server",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="JB-Arlon-Gold",MapPrefix="JB",AltMapPrefix="none",GameClass ="Jailbreak.Jailbreak",Mutators="UnrealGame.MutLow Grav,JBAddonNoJailKill.JBAddonNoJailKill,JBAddonAv enger.JBAddonAvenger,JBAddonCelebration.JBAddonCel ebration,JBAddonLlama.JBAddonLlama,JBAddonProtecti on.JBAddonProtection,JBAddonTeleport.JBAddonTelepo rt,XxxXTransV3a.MutXxxXTranslocator,XxxXES

(this isn't the whole list b/c it's rather long with tons of muts takes to much space will email copy if needed.)

Two questions...
1) I'm switching to UT2Vote50, according to the readme duplicating gametypes should not be done. Instead use GameMake3.

This is the link for GameMake3 to see what i'm talking about. >>http://unreal.co.za/proasm/ut4gamemake.html

GameMake3 is "supposed" to make urgame.u urgame.ucl and urgame.int for gametypes in UT2Vote50. Rather than duplicating them by using the class name, adding different mutators to it and changing the name of the gametype.

My problem is that GameMake3 isn't working when i configure the new gametypes and try to make the .u file it gives me "Error in creating JBGIB.u" for example.

Is it me configuring GameMake3 wrong or is it GameMake3.

That's my first question.

2) If GameMake3 doesn't work what else can I do so that i'm not Duplicating gametypes.

Thank you.
Unread 2nd June, 2005, 10:19 PM
Forum Newcomer

Default Quick Thought

Is it possible to run multiple gameconfigs?
How would I go about doing this.
And would this solve the Duplicating issue?
Unread 16th June, 2005, 11:21 PM
Killing Spree

Sorry haven't been here in awhile. In GameMake3 top slot right type in invgib or whatever and tick invasion on the left under parent gametype, add the needed
mutators.. either tick some of the listed ones and or add them via the custom mutators box. GM3 should create the game class invgib.invasion this is what you
need to do to avoid duplicating the game classes.

I run two types of Jailbreak.. normal using the jailbreak.jailbreak game class and Excessive Jailbreak using JBExcessive.xTeamGame I made with GM3 using team game as the parent game.

GameType=(GameName="Jailbreak2004b SP2 ExcessiveV3.01",HideVote=False,Clan=False,Required Players=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList =False,DefaultMap="JB-Arlon-Gold",MapPrefix="JB",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="JBEx cessive.xTeamGame"
,Mutators="XGame.MutQuadJump,ExcessiveV301.MutExce ssive,DummyMut.DummyMutB",Commands="?MaxLives=0?Go alScore=5?TimeLimit=15?MinPlayers=6?MaxPlayers=20? MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?WeaponStay=True
?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustB eReady=False?Tournament=0?GamePassword=?GameStats= True?GameSpeed=1.15?FF=0.00?NoOverTime=False?VsBot s=False?NumBots=1?Difficulty=3?bCustomGame=True")

Packages=(MutClassName="DummyMut.DummyMutB",Server Packages="JBAddonAvenger,JBAddonCelebration,JBAddo nLlama,JBAddonProtection,JBAddonTeleport,JBScreen, JBToolbox,Jailbreak")

Hope this helps..
pd