You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament > UT Server - General Chat

Unread 30th December, 2010, 02:54 AM
Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp0ngeb0b View Post
What Bunnytrack gametype / mutator are you running?
This could sound hard, but I would say you should either live with the 0:01 sec caps or remove the map.

The teleporter effect at the startspot can't be fixed, it's included in the engine.
Ya, already done.. First problem solved, thanks for explaining the thing about tickrate with the flags etc.

Now with just the teleport (spawnroom) effect gone, BT2 compatibility, it'll be near perfect.
Unread 30th December, 2010, 12:45 PM
Forum Newcomer

Haven't tested this yet, but does it save the players inventory? That would make your mutator compatible with BT+maps (and NWBT-maps to a certain extend).
Unread 30th December, 2010, 07:45 PM
Godlike

Nope, it doesn't. Will be added to the 'to-do' list
Unread 4th January, 2011, 01:30 AM
Rampage

nvm

Last edited by kLeptO* : 4th January, 2011 at 01:56 AM.
Unread 6th January, 2011, 05:04 PM
Killing Spree

Has there been any progress?
Unread 6th January, 2011, 06:14 PM
Godlike

The removeCPAfterCapture issue with BunnyTrack gametype (1 and 2) has been fixed. If there are other bunnytrack gametypes (which don't use the CTFMessage class) let me know so I can implement that.

The teleporter effect in spawn roon can only be fixed by creating a new gametype (that's what I4games did) to overwrite the RestartPlayer() function.
The ModifyPlayer() function for mutators (that's what BTCheckPoints uses to handle player respawns) is called after the player has been respawned, and therefore the tele-effect can't be removed.

I haven't looked into the inventory thing yet.
Unread 6th January, 2011, 06:34 PM
Killing Spree

Nice. There is BunnyTrack3 aswell, but afaik that uses the exact same thing so it should work fine. I don't know what BTCTFV5 uses as message class, but I haven't seen that gametype in use since 2006 so I don't think it's worth looking into that one.

Shame about the teleport effect thing. I guess it's not that big of a deal in the end.

While you are at it, please add 'mutate cp' and 'mutate nocp' aswell rather than only having 'mutate no/checkpoint'.
Unread 6th January, 2011, 06:34 PM
Godlike

I just came up with a new idea of handling the respawn thing in general, but I've to test that first, please be patient
Unread 6th January, 2011, 08:01 PM
Godlike

As far as I can say, the new method seems to work.
When a player's died function gets called (so he would usually die and respawn), BTCheckPoints now checks if the player has a checkoint, if yes, the death will be prevented and the player will be moved to his checkpoint. This way, the teleporter bug at the spawn will be fixed and the player keeps all his inventory.
Unread 6th January, 2011, 08:35 PM
Killing Spree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp0ngeb0b View Post
As far as I can say, the new method seems to work.
When a player's died function gets called (so he would usually die and respawn), BTCheckPoints now checks if the player has a checkoint, if yes, the death will be prevented and the player will be moved to his checkpoint. This way, the teleporter bug at the spawn will be fixed and the player keeps all his inventory.
Will the checkpoint play the teleport effect? This is exactly what happens if you use FullGod (the one found in SemiAdmin) and die, you just instantly teleport to your checkpoint location.

Edit: There is a small inconvenience with this method, imo. When using checkpoint and you die, it might be a bit dis-orienting to just instantly spawn at your checkpoint rather than seeing you die.

Last edited by Niko : 6th January, 2011 at 08:37 PM.
Unread 7th January, 2011, 10:38 AM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko View Post
Will the checkpoint play the teleport effect? This is exactly what happens if you use FullGod (the one found in SemiAdmin) and die, you just instantly teleport to your checkpoint location.

Edit: There is a small inconvenience with this method, imo. When using checkpoint and you die, it might be a bit dis-orienting to just instantly spawn at your checkpoint rather than seeing you die.
Yes, checkpoint will play teleport effect at it's position. (Although it can be removed if you don't want that )

I also thought about that, have to see if it's possible to avoid that.
Unread 7th January, 2011, 11:54 AM
Forum Newcomer

have you properly versioned this mod or are people going to get mismatches if they cacherape it? Reason I ask is that The download appears to still point to the same filename... is there an updated version that just hasn't been posted publicly yet? Should I recompile a version to my liking?
Unread 7th January, 2011, 12:11 PM
Godlike

No, there hasn't been an updated version yet. The file at first post is the original version and there shouldn't be any other version called 'BTCheckPoints', otherwise you'll get version missmatches.
I will release the next version as 'BTCheckPoints2', so if you want to recompile it for your needs, please choose an unique name. I'm also interested what you want to change in your own version
Unread 7th January, 2011, 01:42 PM
Forum Newcomer

probably nothing, I was just watching out for mismatches. I'll probably end up making some slight changes to bt++ to accommodate personal preferences (i.e. using BT- maps instead of ctf-bt)

Looking forward to version 2
Unread 7th January, 2011, 05:24 PM
Godlike

What there will be of new in BTCheckPoints2 what new features it will have?

could put compatible to all mods defalt, and siege, BunnyTrack3, MH...
ip server 1.utbr.org:8888
ip server 1.utbr.org:5555
Unread 7th January, 2011, 05:37 PM
Godlike

New features will mainly be:
Code:
- [Fix] 'removeCPAfterCap' option not working for BunnyTrack gametype
- [Changed] Players will no longer die, instead they will be moved to their CP immediately
- [Added] Players will keep all their inventory after respawning at their CP
- [Fix] Teleporter-effect at playerstarts
And as the name reveals, this mutator is not designed for non BT-style gametypes. If you want something like this (for whatever reason), you've to create that on your own. Ofcourse, you can use the source included in the package
Unread 7th January, 2011, 09:54 PM
Holy Shit!!

This mod has proven to be a hit Amoungst our dedicated BT players , as well as with myself and new players that have joined the scene. In fact our BT server is more popular then the DM one now. Veteran players use it so often that I fear the only complaint would be if I removed it off the server .

Thankyou for an excellent mod , also look forwards to the new version. btw which maps have these inventories and such so that I may install a few upon the new release? thanks.

also is there any BT++ map-packs that are good to download, as most sites I visit are vague and there is nothing more irritating then downloading a bunch of maps that are either buggy (can't be completed) and or just plain rubbish.
Thanks.

Keep up the great work.
Unread 8th January, 2011, 09:04 AM
Forum Newcomer

can the "non dying" be made into an option please?
Unread 8th January, 2011, 05:52 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by back4more View Post
This mod has proven to be a hit Amoungst our dedicated BT players , as well as with myself and new players that have joined the scene. In fact our BT server is more popular then the DM one now. Veteran players use it so often that I fear the only complaint would be if I removed it off the server .

Thankyou for an excellent mod , also look forwards to the new version. btw which maps have these inventories and such so that I may install a few upon the new release? thanks.

also is there any BT++ map-packs that are good to download, as most sites I visit are vague and there is nothing more irritating then downloading a bunch of maps that are either buggy (can't be completed) and or just plain rubbish.
Thanks.

Keep up the great work.
I know right! I even like BT again because of this mod!!
BUNNYTRACK NY
Unread 8th January, 2011, 06:13 PM
Godlike

Quote:
Great to hear that

Quote:

These inventories are mainly either Keys or normal Weapons. Keys are pickups you need to get in order to get further in the map. These maps are marked with the prefix CTF-BT+. There are planty around.
Normal weapons BT maps aren't that often, one is for example CTF-BT-TechDiff-v3

In general, the best place to get BT maps from is i4games. But note that you cannot download them all together in a pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3apa3a View Post
can the "non dying" be made into an option please?
Yes, I will do it. Although, you wont see any difference, before players will be moved to their CP there is a mode where you have to press fire first, it looks like you are dead. You can check that out here.

Last edited by Sp0ngeb0b : 8th January, 2011 at 06:17 PM.