You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament > UT Server - Windows Specific

Unread 6th September, 2003, 01:47 AM
Forum Newcomer

Thanks again. I saw you on and tried to join before you left, but I never saw you. Your score was like -4 when I joined and then the next game was zero, but it was like you were dead and not respawning. Maybe it was the server hanging on to the player after you left.

Roadrunner is supposed to be 2Mbps down and 128K up. I think that upload SUCKS. I think they could roger up 256 up and charge the same money, without having to go to some "business package". I don't know where you are, but I can usually play on servers in San Diego with a decent 80 to 150 ping. Anybody else's I've tried puts me over 250, and UnrealMachine gives me 500+ sometimes, due to a stupid Washington D.C. - NYC -back to D.C- back to NYC route. I'm actually good goes through LA to Virginia to NYC, but it rarely does that. It'll throw in Denver sometimes, too.
Here's the server specs: ASUS CUBX mobo, Pentium III 600EB, 1024 RAM (but it only sees 512, due to the old BX chipset limitations) W2K Pro SP4. Yeah, the server is limited to 6 players, tickrate is 30 and client netspeed is set at 6000. I've never had 6 on at once, so I don't know how it would be with that. My upload speed is my primary limitation. I'm running this mod mostly because there aren't any UT EO servers here on the island, or even on the west coast that I know of anymore.

Thanks again!