You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament > UT Server - Windows Specific

Unread 4th December, 2004, 05:11 PM
Unstoppable

yes i can connect via open location.
Unread 4th December, 2004, 07:52 PM
Holy Shit!!

That means the server is accessible but advertising isn't working for some reason.

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.
Unread 4th December, 2004, 09:15 PM
Holy Shit!!

Make sure its checked in webadmin as well
Unread 5th December, 2004, 02:38 AM
Unstoppable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baiter
Make sure its checked in webadmin as well
do you mean enable webadmin? it is checked but i dont think it has to be to be seen on server list. or do you mean login via webadmin and check wether advertise is enabled? if soo how do i check?
i just noticed in advanced settings this is what it says:
-Networking
-Master Server Uplink
DoUplink = True
MasterServerAddress = _______
blank? should this have info here?
MasterServerPort = 2900
Unread 5th December, 2004, 09:46 AM
Holy Shit!!

I dont have anything there.

You dont have spaces like this in the ini do you?

DoUplink = True

Anyway, you dont need the master server for LAN games.
Unread 5th December, 2004, 05:46 PM
Unstoppable

theres no spaces , that was just an exampe of the advanced options that i typed.
is there any other settings tha could be stopping it from being listed, i think its connecting to the server uplink fine, when i looked at the log it looked nomal i think. i have deleted all reference to mplayer.com from the ini , but people sayed i should. im baffled, to what could be causing this. are there any logs i could show to maybe find the problem?
Unread 8th December, 2004, 04:47 PM
Unstoppable

wow how i love the sound of silence, every one is helping so not at all my question should be an easy thing to find the answer to. every one here is an admin. ohh well .

Last edited by kortniechan : 8th December, 2004 at 04:55 PM.
Unread 8th December, 2004, 05:15 PM
Holy Shit!!

What can I say? Ive given you some pointers, but you have to do it yourself. If one server is ok and the other one is not, you have to look for differences betveen them. If nothing works and the logs dont say anything, then its just not that easy for anyone else to guess what the problem is.

Leave the router stuff until you get it to work on the LAN. Try running the servers alone, see if they conflict with each other in any way. Make sure that you dont have any software firewalls running that is blocking the ports.

Based on your info I really cant see why it doesnt work.
Unread 9th December, 2004, 01:34 AM
Unstoppable

Either can i , thats why i was asking is there any logs i can show that will help figure out whats wrong. the server has a fresh version of 2000 on it and a fresh install of Ut , no configuring should be needed. i am done messing with this crap. im just to pissed off. i think its gonna be f-disk and reistall evrything. if i have any more probs ill post anew thread. so ADMIN ! if your listening you should probly delete this whole thread cuz it has amounted to a big NOTHING. "hands thrown in air i walk away from computer"
thanks for trying pizza man i have learned some new tidbits through this experience.
Unread 9th December, 2004, 05:02 AM
Godlike

Default Help is on the way

OK, lets say that your default port number for the server was the actual default port of 7777 as most ut servers are. Then you need to open 7777-7787 using the UDP ports only. So that alone is a port range of 10 ports you just opened. Now again using UDP ports only, open ports 27900, 8777, and 9777. That's just three more individual ports you need to open. These will advertise your server to the world, to the lan and I can't remember what the last one does but open it. Make sure these are all forwarded to the ip address of your server on your lan example 198.168.1.100. This will get you to the point that you will be able to see the server from tha lan tab or from the search tab that all of the other servers are on. Get that much done and I'll tell you the web admin part. Once the server is running give it a minute to advertise before you check for it please. Good luck.

Hermskii
Unread 9th December, 2004, 06:28 AM
Holy Shit!!

You do not need to open any ports in your router to make the server show on the LAN tab.
Unread 11th December, 2004, 04:11 PM
Unstoppable

Thumbs up

i have open 6 ports, 3 for each server . and shiva is on lan now but not on server list.
the proper ports needed to run on two seperate machines are"
192.168.1.100 = 7777 , 7778 , 27900
192.168.1.101 = 8888 , 8889 , 27901
these were verified by a realy great helpfull person on another forum. with these ports open both computers can join each others games on lan.
the reason why one "shiva" wont be seen on server list is probably this: in my router there is a section for DMZ host. it is set to be 192.168.1.100 witch is brahma. shiva is 192.168.1.101
Quote:
Originally Posted by router settings
The DMZ hosting feature allows one local user to be exposed to the Internet for use of a special-purpose service such as Internet gaming or videoconferencing. DMZ hosting forwards all the ports at the same time to one PC. The Port Forwarding feature is more secure because it only opens the ports you want to have opened, while DMZ hosting opens all the ports of one computer, exposing the computer so the Internet can see it.
so shiva cannot be seen by any one on the internet hence "doesnt show on server list" so my question is should i turn DMZ host off? think this will solve the problem . then both computers will be seen and can host.

Last edited by kortniechan : 11th December, 2004 at 04:41 PM.
Unread 11th December, 2004, 04:41 PM
Unstoppable

hmmmm , i turned it off and it still is not on list. i think i will leave it off.
next question:
in the "start multiplayer server tab" at the bottom is "Webserver port # [80] .
what is this port for?
Unread 12th December, 2004, 01:28 AM
Godlike

Default No time right now

Your info is bad. Set the 27900 on the second server to 27900 and not 27901. You will then be able to see it as well on line and all your trouble will be over. More on this later and I'll tell you about the port 80 thing as well. I'm late for a party. Great to hear you are making progress and I'll be glad to continue to help the best I can. Later!

Hermskii
Unread 12th December, 2004, 02:26 AM
Unstoppable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermskii
Your info is bad. Set the 27900 on the second server to 27900 and not 27901. You will then be able to see it as well on line and all your trouble will be over. More on this later and I'll tell you about the port 80 thing as well. I'm late for a party. Great to hear you are making progress and I'll be glad to continue to help the best I can. Later!
both servers cannot use the same port. i dont understand why you would say set it back to 27900? they were both 27900 before and "no dice" it didnt work that way. I await your return knoledgable one. by the way you admin the redeemer insanity server "curious gorge" i love that name !!! kudo's to you , ive been meaning to check it out for some time now but havent had time . ha ha.
Unread 12th December, 2004, 02:28 AM
Holy Shit!!

Curious George's server is one of those you just have to visit at least once .

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.
Unread 12th December, 2004, 09:46 AM
Godlike

Default Cool

Thanks for the props Fearless. As of right now, Curious George's Redeemer Insanity has hosted just over 17,000 DeathMatch games since about last May. CUrious George's has enjoyed a long life online as a UT server. Just in the first 2 years it hosted well over 100,000 games easily. I have just recently started the Monster Hunt server called Monster Hunt Mayhem. Right now, most of CG's regulars are playing there. A important note here is that it (Monster hunt Mayhem and Curious George's both are available through standard server search tabs and BOTH use port 27900 to advertise through at the same time. A couple of years ago, I had 4 servers all running from the same PC and they were all popular and all advertised at the same time through port 27900. I'm tired from a great night of enjoying the work Christmas party. More on Sunday ok? Great! Have a good one!

Hermskii
Unread 13th December, 2004, 05:08 AM
Forum Newcomer

Default Idea....

Are you installing Unreal from the same CD on both machines??

If so...I had a similar problem. Use another install disc set.
I think there is some rudimentary coding on them which prevents multiple deployments on same network connected machines.
I'm no programmer, but this was just a shot in the dark I took at my past problem and that seemed to solve it for me.

I picked up 3 copies of UT GOTY for like 10 bucks.

Hope it helps.
Unread 13th December, 2004, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kortniechan
both servers cannot use the same port. i dont understand why you would say set it back to 27900? they were both 27900 before and "no dice" it didnt work that way. I await your return knoledgable one. by the way you admin the redeemer insanity server "curious gorge" i love that name !!! kudo's to you , ive been meaning to check it out for some time now but havent had time . ha ha.

Those are simply the master server ports. The server itself needs these to be able to communicate with the master server. The only ports you have to change are the ones that the clients will be connecting to, directly. That is the Gameport. Default this is 7777. Also, if you plan to use Remote Admin, you will need to use two different ports for those as well.

UT-FILES.COM
Get your files
Unread 13th December, 2004, 06:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kortniechan
hmmmm , i turned it off and it still is not on list. i think i will leave it off.
next question:
in the "start multiplayer server tab" at the bottom is "Webserver port # [80] .
what is this port for?

This is for remote admin. Turn it on in the UnrealTournament.ini, then type in http://192.168.1.100 or http://192.168.1.101 (which ever you set that for) and you will be connected to a neat administration web site for your server. Please note, to use this on both servers, you will have to change the port to something different. For my servers I used:

192.168.1.100: 7777 game port, 7778 query port, and 7878 web server
192.168.1.100: 8888 game port, 8889 query port, and 8989 web server

So I would connect to the first web server by going to:
http://192.168.1.100:7878/ServerAdmin/
Then the second one would be:
http://192.168.1.100:8989/ServerAdmin/

UT-FILES.COM
Get your files