You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - Windows Specific

Unread 22nd October, 2002, 02:15 PM
Forum Newcomer

Hiya!

I'm running multiple servers on the same machine (Dell PE 2x667, 1024 ram) and are using the Xadmin feature.

Is there a way to make the servers get their adminconfig from different files? Now both servers get their adminconfig from the default Xadmin.ini, meaning that if I add a admin he automaticly get adminrights on both my servers.

Can I specify what adminconfigfile to use in my batchfiles or something like that?

Regards!

/dne
Unread 22nd October, 2002, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

No this is not possible atm. You will have to have separate installs in order to sue different admin users and passes.

However i believe this is being addressed in the first/second patch
Unread 22nd October, 2002, 02:27 PM
Forum Newcomer

Thanks for your reply. I'll just run it like this for now, and hope that patch takes care of it.

Regards

/dne
Unread 1st November, 2002, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Looks like the patch did not take care of it

But, I have come up with a pretty good workaround for all you admins out there that run multiple servers out of the same folders.

Let's say you have 3 servers - Server1, Server2, and Server3.

The only folder you'll need to duplicate is the System folder, so make 1 copy of System within your UT2003 or UT2003Server folder for each server you're running. In my example, I would need 3 system folders.

So, now I have System, System2, and System3. What you're going to do is modify the folders that each of these servers are using so that they all use the same Textures, Maps, Sounds, etc. directories, but different System folders.

Let's assume you named the .ini file server.ini. Open the server.ini in the System directory. Browse to the <code>[Core.System]</code> section. It should look like this:<code>
[Core.System]
PurgeCacheDays=30
SavePath=../Save
CachePath=../Cache
CacheExt=.uxx
Paths=../System/*.u
Paths=../Maps/*.ut2
Paths=../Textures/*.utx
Paths=../Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../Music/*.umx
Paths=../StaticMeshes/*.usx
Paths=../Animations/*.ukx
Paths=../Saves/*.uvx
Suppress=DevLoad
etc.
etc.
</code>

You see those <code>Paths=</code> lines? That tells your server which folder to look in for packages, while the extension on the end of the line tells the server what type of files are in that folder. For the line that reads <code>Paths=../System/*.u</code> change the name of the folder to the corresponding folder for that particular server. So for the System2 folder, we would change that line in the System2/server.ini files to <code>Paths=../System2/*.u</code> and for Server3, we would change the System3/server.ini file so that the line for *.u reads <code>Paths=../System3/*.u</code>. That's about all there is to it. Just remember to start each server from the different folders now, and you will finally have the functionality you've been missing at a minimal cost to diskspace usage.
Unread 1st November, 2002, 03:12 PM
Forum Newcomer

Great!

Thanks mate, I tried it out as soon as could and it works fine. I also added your Evo-patch to the webadmin to get the 'Game settings level' straighten out and that also worked fine.

Thanks for a bunch of good tips and a great site. Keep up the good work!

Regards

/dne
Unread 7th November, 2002, 05:01 AM
Killing Spree

To make this work with webadmin will you need to have each server using a different port? It seems like it would get confused otherwise.
Unread 7th November, 2002, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

Of course. Everything is the same as running multiple servers from the same machine from a single system folder. Seperate System folders simply allows you to have multiple XAdmin.ini files.