You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Front Page > News > UnrealAdmin.org > UT

Unread 27th January, 2013, 04:46 AM
Forum Newcomer

Default lol...feralidumpster.

leaving the ut99 scene?

thats ok...i'll take up where you left off, thanks for the new nali weapons 3 meshes.

no i don't think i'll use much of your buggy code, but nice new NUCLEAR LAUNCHER V3, that will look good on my

RX10W4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUuTlPaYtnY

and PWN wootflukes RX7,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IykaRRjsbE
aHaAHaHaAHaAH NOOBS
Unread 28th January, 2013, 10:53 AM
Holy Shit!!

Cheers bro! for the detailed response

I see that you have put alot of time and effort into this release and to be honest it is an amazing pack.

yes I thought that some info was missing and I scoured your website , as well as the web for the info on doing what you have explained above.

if/when you find time to prepare the docs for how to do these things please let us know.

Iam sure that Iam not the only one interested in doing these things

regarding the combogib mod.. would you be able to do both yours/normal
I find that I can-not quite use your version as accurately as the normal one.. the plasma balls always tend to connect either too early or too late .. but it gets frustrating.

it would be awesome to have your version zp of all weapons currently available however and I hope that you find the time to prepare this.

Unfortunately Skillz redirect has faulty downloads and several of the packages just cause UT to crash.. I have contacted him in regards to this but he seems to be busy.So I have taken down the NW3 server until I find the time and energy to compress and redirect all files from the servers that I have setup.

re: newnet / globalut.. I/We had a game tonight about 6 of us on this server
unreal://74.91.123.15:7777

we were all pinging up around 200+ and although the lag was noticable it was still very playable.

it is a GIB server only , I eagerly await the Public Nw's server..

thanks again.

:thumbsup:
Unread 28th January, 2013, 11:49 PM
Dominating

Yeah, my website/blog is outdated, but in the final release I will properly update it.

__________________________________________________ __________________________

On another note:

It's been a while since I updated this topic with news.
So, after 2 entire months relaxation from modding (I needed some rest after developing this for 2 years straight), I started to work in the final version of NW3 in the past weeks, and many things are effectively done:

- Most of the bugs have been fixed
- Weapons have been further balanced and improved (specially the cybots)
- More options were added (like turning off the "shakes")
- Some extras were added:
* Cybot Arena (surprisingly fun I must say, hats off to the community for requesting this)
* Mutator to modify weapon properties: firerate, damage, respawn time, and many others from the server
* Added command for players to change the detail level on the fly, with "nwdetail <detail_id>" which goes from 0 (absolute crap) to 6 (absolute lag), the default is 3 (best balance between quality and performance)
* Exploding headshots mutator, which I present right now:

The default number of head parts is 35:

But you can go wild with the mutator settings, with 200 or more parts:

Disclaimer: by the end of it, I won't clean up the mess...

Right now the only things left to do are:
- Skill points mutator (a mutator to award you with messages and points for skilled or simply funny kills)
- Combogib
- Finish menus for the new settings (and old ones too which hadn't menus on release)
- Finish help docs

I am also thinking (not guaranteed!) in adding a new super weapon, which name I am still deciding, but I think it may be called "The Overloader" or "Atomultplier".
This new super weapon isn't going to necessarily blow sh*t up, instead is going to be a very special weapon which works by sacrificing one of your weapons, and in turn all of its characteristics will be absorbed and merged to be able to make a single devastating shot with said characteristics.

For example: if you sacrifice the Freezer, the shot will cause the creation of piercing ice shards coming out from the frozen floor and thus freezing and perforating enemies in a large radius, while the Flame Tracker may actually cause an volcanic eruption or something similar.
Every NW3 weapon would have a distinct "overloaded" shot from this weapon, including the nukes themselves (although for the nukes they wouldn't get bigger ofc, it's mostly the effects and how long they last that are going to be changed).
I already have in mind its design and it may involve chains

In short, if I end up building this new weapon, it will take some weeks to get finished, but since this is my last mod, I want to end it with some of the concepts I wanted to toy with in the mods that would come from it.
And I guess that is all for now.

Nali Weapons 3 | Community UT mods
Unread 29th January, 2013, 09:55 PM
Holy Shit!!

epic!!
good work man
BUNNYTRACK NY
Unread 29th January, 2013, 10:05 PM
Dominating

Very, very cool. Thanks for all of your work Feralidragon, this is excellent stuff
Unread 4th February, 2013, 12:27 PM
Holy Shit!!

looks bloody Messy bro hahaha.. whose gonna clean up all that S$%$ lmao.

btw.. The Assault Rifle , your one .. Can the firing rate be easily adjusted through settings and damage etc?.. these kinds of things would be awesome.
perhaps even add a scope to it .. its a nice looking . feeling wep imo.

any eta on when the combogib mod will be complete? gota a lot of ppl eagerly awaiting this one *rubs hands*

*and the docs so that I can do some magic with a few weapon replacements..

also .. you know how on deck16 they have 2 Flak cannons?.. Ut_Flack1 and Ut_Flak2 or something..

would it be posible to replace only one of these,, or does the replacement mod only allow for replace all.?

cheers..

Keep up the good work.
Unread 5th February, 2013, 10:38 AM
Dominating

The firing rate and damage of the weapons can indeed be globally tweaked in the final version only.
It has some settings in the Mod menu (like headshot damage), but nothing beyond that in the current version.

As for the Flak replacement, it's not possible to define the exact number of replacements in the current version, you can do something else instead:
if you open NWConfig.ini, find the [NWCoreV3.NWMainReplacer] section, and then the line starting with WeaponItemSettings[10].

From there, you can set the property bKeepItem to True of that line, as that will say to the replacer that the weapon to replace will be kept in some way.
That way, it's decided by the property MultiBehaviour in the same line, and the posssible values are:
RMT_Sequencial - Cycle between weapons sequencially (in another words, if someone picks up the Flak, then the next spawn will be The Miner, and once someone picks up The Miner, the next spawn is the Flak)
RMT_RandomStatic - Make the replacement random, which means that the mutator will decide if it should replace the weapon or not randomly
RMT_RandomTimed - Similar to RMT_Sequencial, but instead of being a fixed pattern, it's random (so the next spawn is never fixed, it can be any of the two weapons)
RMT_Locker - Spawns both weapons at the same time in a weapon locker

The same can be applied to the Flak ammo, in the line AmmoItemSettings[7].

Unread 5th February, 2013, 02:13 PM
Holy Shit!!

ooh can see that you put alot fair bit of thought into it bro

@skills can you fix the nw3 weapon downloads m8 ?..
^ fellas gone AWOL.

ohh and CiG?..
Unread 5th February, 2013, 11:00 PM
Holy Shit!!

Just a thought here Ferali , but how about a new Version of Siege ^_^
instead of pretty little diamonds and boxes , you could design some kinda advanced Mechanisms which players could interact with in order to protect the bases ...

combine this with the ability to use NW3 as well as std Weapons I think this could be quite popular?

you could even make your own JetPacks and perhaps even include the Vehicles from your other pack

anyways , just a thought.
Unread 6th February, 2013, 10:18 AM
Dominating

I "was" going to make a new version of Siege, I would call it War Siege or something similar, where the objective would be extend the gametype to a point where it would indeed support online vehicles, justify bigger nukes, air strikes and base weapon systems, as entire buildings and towers could be built and all.

Then I took a good look to the amount of active Siege players and new ones joining in a daily basis, and how most of them react to new Siege versions, then I lost my motivation to do anything at all.

So in the end, I would rather do a whole new game with a similar concept in UDK rather than do anything Siege related for UT, the amount of active players and the typical bad attitude towards everything a developer makes grinds my gears.
Sam is the leader of uK, and he can confirm this to you (he knew some of my plans for Siege, and some of the reasons why I didn't go forward with it).

NW3 Final will be my last mod release, sorry.

Unread 6th February, 2013, 05:25 PM
Holy Shit!!

fair enough bro.. yes I think it is probably time to move onto a better less buggy system .. look forwards to seeing some of your work over the next few years.. keep us posted over here.. or on your blogg

As always ,

Keep up the good work

cheers.

btw have you decided weather you will be doing your version of ZP-NW's? as yet ?.. please include Player Movement Correction as Well if you do.

and youre still doing ZP-CiG Right?.. will this be for Std Shock & NW3 Shock or either/or?

Cheers

Unread 6th February, 2013, 09:59 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
ZP-CiG Right?

Unread 6th February, 2013, 11:54 PM
Holy Shit!!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralidragon View Post
Originally Posted by back4more View Post
somethings maybe you can incorporate into a NW pack is ZP Combo Gib with all the bells and whistles that can't be done effectively atm. CiG is a very addictive gametype and very popular. However the ZP alternatives are not the best and require all-sorts of addons in order to perform like admins extension of wormbos original version. Add Grappling to it and shes stepped up another level , combine your Xloc and its moving forwards again.
Someone already requested something like this. I might modify my own Super Bolt Rifle to have combo abilities just like its normal Bolt Rifle counterpart for the final release.
hopefully for Normal Shock as well.. fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralidragon View Post
Yeah, my website/blog is outdated, but in the final release I will properly update it.

__________________________________________________ __________________________

Right now the only things left to do are:
- Skill points mutator (a mutator to award you with messages and points for skilled or simply funny kills)
- Combogib
- Finish menus for the new settings (and old ones too which hadn't menus on release)
- Finish help docs
I hope so..

Last edited by back4more : 6th February, 2013 at 11:57 PM.
Unread 7th February, 2013, 12:06 AM
Holy Shit!!

NEED more people to ask for this so
Ferali don't lose interest...

ZP COMBOGIB!!

Bring it on !!

Last edited by back4more : 7th February, 2013 at 05:44 AM.
Unread 7th February, 2013, 12:11 AM
Holy Shit!!

Perhaps with some additions , like the swinging thing and player movement compensation.

*option to change colours ball types perhaps.

*spam control , option to allow multiple balls and or kill first ball when second fired

*perhaps optional skins chooser for gun.. normal / bolt / Ig / IG with custom logo?

*differing kinds of bolts.. std / bolt from nw3 / lightning.. etc

I dunno ..
Unread 7th February, 2013, 03:28 AM
Killing Spree

b4m ...your pretty enthusiastic
Unread 7th February, 2013, 05:50 AM
Holy Shit!!

Yeah hard!.. haha

just trying to stir some Enthusiasm in the Cemetery tbh.

Welcome BTW.
Unread 7th February, 2013, 06:11 AM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by papercoffee View Post
b4m ...your pretty enthusiastic
He's not taking his meds.
Unread 7th February, 2013, 07:19 AM
Holy Shit!!

Roger That!

Just noticed your FoodFight Mod which I may need to fire up on server next few days for a looksee as well

http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2281

Last edited by back4more : 8th February, 2013 at 07:30 AM.
Unread 7th February, 2013, 11:29 AM
Dominating

Well, that escalated quickly

@NW3 combogib: yes.
@Standard combogib: perhaps.
@Standard ZP: perhaps.
@Team colored insta: very likely.
@Spam control: yes.
@optional skins: NW3 has already the possibility to customize the skins of the hands which hold the weapon, as well as other few things, and this was thought mostly for unique customization by clans or/and communities, but it remains unused (probably due to the lack of docs).
@Bolts: no, the bolt will fire bolts, standard would fire standard (if the new ZP is implemented), I don't see any reason to mix them up tbh.

@Player movement correction: no, it's not as straightforward as you may think, there are many variables to consider in something like this, engine ones and server-client architecture ones. It's like reinventing replication for movement.

@Swinging thing: I implemented "rope physics" in NW3 final for a few things, but I made it for client-side effects only just to see things hanging in a realistic way (and which you can interact with). But making it work for online play would be a bit like the player movement correction: I would have to handle all the replication myself and consider every possible thing, so this is another "no".
It was already hard to manage the movement of the graviton beam (which has elastic physics) for the same reasons, and even so is far from perfect as it gets out of sync with the server rather often, specially on high pings.