Well I thought that I'd expose a little known Secret about how to reduce your ping by ^20ms
so if you ping to your favorite server @ 30ms
Then this will reduce your ping to around 10-13ms
Basically you will need a couple of things to get this sorted;
- ISP Account Holders details and permissions
- Research your plan to see if it allows for Interleaving to be turned off
- a convincing Story as to why you want this service switched off
- Gift of the Gab
- Patience to wait upto 48 hours for the switch to take place
Ok the secret is this ....TURN INTERLEAVING OFF!
Basically , no matter where you are in the Globe ... by default Interleaving is ON
What is Interleaving?..see link above with Capital Letters
more info here: search google for info on Interleaving
Interleaving actually increases your ping/latency by +20ms sometimes more/less.
Hence why your ping is 50ms to your favorite GameServer
you can however reduce this to 30ms with a few tips and some luck.
ok having all the prerequisites above lets try and get our ping reduced..
Ring ISP and ask to Speak to a Technician who is Local to your Country
- This is quite funny because you will in most cases be speaking to someone from another country and this is why you have to wait upto 72hours (3 days) in some cases. However speaking to someone in your own country seems to be quicker and easier for both parties to understand. go Patriot!
Ok now ask the Local Help-desk operator if you can speak to a Local Technician.
if they ask what it pertains to ... or regarding what issues ...(now is the time to give em your details BTW).. Then proceed with this.
perhaps you can help me Sir/Ma'am ... I would like to have Interleaving turned off please.
why do you want to turn interleaving off?
Because I am a Pro Gamer and the Latency is effecting my game play as well as the use of VOIP services like Skype which is also effected by having this service turned on.
Ok let me just confirm a few things with Level 2 support ... brb
It appears that your plan does not support this feature (go research your plan prior to calling)
Ermm ok so um ... what other Service Providers offer this Feature?.. I mine as well Switch ISP's in that case...
> in most cases (not all) this should be approved and a delay time will be given to you... 24hours - 72hours .
*If all goes well then in a couple of days your ping should be 20ms lower ..