You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - Windows Specific

Unread 13th November, 2006, 06:01 PM
Forum Newcomer

Default New to UT2k4 Server

I have just started trying to have UT2k4 server. I used the INI Generator her to help get that accomplished. Unfortunately No one can join on my server even me(which is weird because I play off the server). I have forwarded ports 7777,7787,7788,27900,42292 on BOTH my router and my software antivirus/firewall thing. Any ideas on why this is happening?, or how to fix it?
Unread 13th November, 2006, 07:51 PM
Holy Shit!!

Try turning off the software and DMZ your machine on the hardware one for a short test. If people can connect then it's one or the other. Turn the hardware firewall on first.

If you've a decent hardware firewall the software one is pointless.
Unread 13th November, 2006, 08:53 PM
Forum Newcomer

No That did not help. Just to be sure I direct connected to the server. No router. And booted without the Firewall. Still cant connect. I did notice through all this that my ping times are not showing up in the game. Could this be the doing of my ISP? or just a bad configure job?
Unread 13th November, 2006, 09:13 PM
Holy Shit!!

Ah - sorry - thought it'd be that. I don't have any other ideas atm - servers have always worked for me - home and at ISPs
Unread 14th November, 2006, 12:12 AM
Holy Shit!!

Can you connect via the LAN tab?
Unread 14th November, 2006, 01:47 AM
Forum Newcomer

Yes I can.
Unread 14th November, 2006, 11:06 AM
Holy Shit!!

Do an ipconfig on your server and note the IP, then check your servers IP with a Internet service (http://whatismyip.com/ for example). Do the IPs match? If not your ISP is NATing your connection and you might be suffering from a bug in Epics master list server.
Unread 14th November, 2006, 08:56 PM
Forum Newcomer

Yes my IPs do match. I do have this server behind a NAT router, But I have direct conected it to the modem. I am also wondering about these heartbeat codes and match IDs. Do they mean anything? Could it be I did not setup something correcty in the INI file?
Unread 15th November, 2006, 12:30 AM
Holy Shit!!

Can you connect via IP?

What type of modem? Some modems have routers built in.

Do you get a match id?
Unread 15th November, 2006, 06:27 AM
Holy Shit!!

Ok, if IPs match you shouldn't have any trouble with the NAT bug. Just to make sure you can look up your server in the Internet browser and compare it's port (rightclick it) to the port you've configured it to use (7777 by default). They should match or it's another case of the NAT bug.

Other than that it seems you have overlooked something filtering ports. If your software firewall is off and the server isn't hooked to the router I would second buttpirates notion that your modem may have a firewall in it.
Unread 15th November, 2006, 09:16 AM
Forum Newcomer

No I can't connect via IP. Yes my IP including the port number match on my INI setup and the Internet server browser in the game. As far as I know the Cable modem I have does not have a router in it. If it does I have no idea how to access it. I always get a match ID of 0.

Sorry for the short post. This is just starting to irritate me.
Unread 15th November, 2006, 02:36 PM
Holy Shit!!

Can other peeps connect via IP? What is the IP/Port?

Did you check the Modem manufacturers web site? What model is it?
Unread 15th November, 2006, 04:42 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catanbri View Post
Unfortunately No one can join on my server even me(which is weird because I play off the server).
Please feel free to try. My IP is 68.98.249.26 with a port of 7777 so = 68.98.249.26:7777. Now I am on a DHCP connection with my ISP(that's the side I have no control over)so it might be better to look for SeverName Catanbri in the DeathMatch list playing DE-GrendelKee. I am still waiting to hear back from my ISP to see if they are blocking any ports that I need open. The modem is a Toshiba PCX2500. I have downloaded the PDF of the modem and it does not say anything about Internal Configureables( ).
Unread 15th November, 2006, 08:28 PM
Holy Shit!!

Doesn't work for me ^
Unread 16th November, 2006, 12:34 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catanbri View Post
Please feel free to try. My IP is 68.98.249.26 with a port of 7777 so = 68.98.249.26:7777. Now I am on a DHCP connection with my ISP(that's the side I have no control over)so it might be better to look for SeverName Catanbri in the DeathMatch list playing DE-GrendelKee. I am still waiting to hear back from my ISP to see if they are blocking any ports that I need open. The modem is a Toshiba PCX2500. I have downloaded the PDF of the modem and it does not say anything about Internal Configureables( ).
There is definitely a firewall in front of your computer as neither traceroute or ping reaches your machine. The last responsive hop I see is 68.1.200.214, after that it is all timeouts. This is most likely a firewall put in place by your ISP since it appears before packets enter your network segment.
Unread 16th November, 2006, 10:09 PM
Forum Newcomer

I just got off the phone with SuddenLink formerly Cox. And they say they do not filter any ports going to or from there systems. How much faith one can put in that I do not know, But I really do not buy it. Sould I post my ini file just to make sure I haven't screwed things up some how?
Unread 16th November, 2006, 11:21 PM
Killing Spree

i am having the same problem you are with a server i have in my house.. last week i could connect no problem.. shows up on the server list in UT shows in my HLSW ( server watcher program) but no one can connect.. i will let you know when i get it fixed. on what i did
Unread 17th November, 2006, 03:55 AM
Dominating

The D-Link Residential Gateways have problems with hosting games. I spent a couple weeks trying to figure it out, I said screw it and bought a cisco router. It says that the player is coming in one port but the router throws a random port number to it instead. I turned that option off on the router settings, and it still did it. I suggest if you do run a server (from home) make sure that it is on a good reliable router. Linksys seems to run good.
Unread 17th November, 2006, 09:21 AM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonezFirner View Post
i am having the same problem you are with a server i have in my house.. last week i could connect no problem.. shows up on the server list in UT shows in my HLSW ( server watcher program) but no one can connect.. i will let you know when i get it fixed. on what i did
And did you do the troubleshooting steps I described above?
Unread 17th November, 2006, 09:31 AM
Forum Newcomer

IMO the only routers out there are Linksys. I have tried others, but none gave me want I needed more than Linksys. I really like your avitar Sgt. Muffin.
GIIRRR!