You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament > UT Server - Windows Specific

Unread 17th November, 2008, 09:10 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [BOSS]Snipes' View Post
Installed it on my server and having no problems.. Thanks for the current release.

[ZSZ]Evil_Dragon if you want to see it in action feel free to stop by the server.. and thanks for all the help with UTDC.. Super day to ya eh..

Been there, hit "install everything" - worked like a charm!
Very nice!

click here to play
Unread 17th November, 2008, 10:35 PM
Rampage

Was wondering if there was a way to add the UTDCv21.dll file download to the NPLoader? I see that peeps have to do two serperate installs when they connect to the server.. First the NPLoader and the UTDCv21.dll install, and was just wondering if there was a way to add or shall we say combine the UTDCv21.dll to the NPLoader? Appreciate all the hard work on the NPLoader.. very nice.. thanks in advance!!
Unread 23rd November, 2008, 07:14 PM
Rampage

Well i worked with Defrost on this for a few hours.. trying to add the UTDCv21.dll file to the NPLoader.. This is in "short" what happen and where we are to date,

Had to Change: ServerPackages=UTDCv21dll (which is in the readme of UTDC21) to ServerPackages=UTDCv21DLL for the files to show up on the screen because it said it could not find "ServerPackages=UTDCv21DLL" So we changed it to caps and the filed showed up.. Just had to cap the DLL..(strange). Below is a pic of what it looked like when we joined the server..

Once to that point we went for the Quick Install.. and got the error message below..

(For peeps on the Server)**this error also seems to cause the server to lose connection as soon as a new player downloads the files from the NPLoader and then the server switches maps or crashes.

Im not sure if this is a bug or not...
Im not sure if this is getting posted in the right spot or not..
but i thought it might be some good info as i realize this is a beta...

Any help on fixing the issue or If we need to do something different would be highly appreciated..

I Hope this feedback helps out others who are trying the same thing here.

A Special Thanks goes out to brother Defrost for all the time with me on this today.. Super day to ya mates..

Last edited by [BOSS]Snipes' : 23rd November, 2008 at 07:31 PM.
Unread 23rd November, 2008, 09:17 PM
Administrator

You're not supposed to add UTDC to the packages list. It was only there for testing purposes and UTDC v2.1 will never support installation by NPLoader. The only way to get UTDC to work with NPLoader is by making some slight modifications to the UTDC code, which is not possible since I don't have the sourcecode or the right to release new versions.
Unread 23rd November, 2008, 09:31 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2399Skillz View Post
It will work for Linux servers, Linux CLIENTS is where the problem was.

If you can use/run UTDC on your server, then you'll be able to run this anticheat as well.
Yes that working perfect.

thanks you

Letylove49 aka Shado
Unread 23rd November, 2008, 09:34 PM
Rampage

Thanks Anthrax.. was a good idea though.. super day mate!
Unread 24th November, 2008, 03:05 PM
Dominating

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthraX View Post
You're not supposed to add UTDC to the packages list. It was only there for testing purposes and UTDC v2.1 will never support installation by NPLoader. The only way to get UTDC to work with NPLoader is by making some slight modifications to the UTDC code, which is not possible since I don't have the sourcecode or the right to release new versions.
Well in that case you might want to remove the UTDCv21Info class from NPInfo to avoid confusion. We spend a lot of time trying to get this to work only to hear from you that isn't going to work. Are you sure that the only way to get it working is by modifying the UTDC code and there isn't some way of getting this to work with some modifications/additions of NPLoader? One of the best applications (imho) of NPLoader would be the option to install UTDC without having to restart UT.

Anyway nice work on the NPLoader mod. Like [BOSS]Snipes' already mentioned, we found a little bug (unless it was intentional) concerning the 'ModLoaderName'. It appears to be case sensitive when it tries to find it in the serverpackages list.