You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament > UT Server - Windows Specific

Unread 20th December, 2007, 06:10 AM
Godlike

Default Issues...

I have a GOTY version of UT I'm goofing with right now. My version is only patched up to 432 and only includes Bonus Packs 1-3 thus it is missing Bonus Pack 4. I noticed today that the file called EpicCustomModels is actually a different size than the one that comes in the bonus pack. Anyone ever notice this before?

I used a Non-GOTY version of UT to set up as a s test server. If I start it up as a dedicated server for DM it will minimize down into the system tray as it should. I can then connect to the server from another PC on my lan and play on the server. Now if I were to right click on the UT server icon in my system tray on the server PC a small menu will pop up. The second it comes up, I get the red flag of laggg on the computer I'm playing from and finally I'll get disconnected. Once I move the mouse cursor off the menu so it will diappear, I am able to rejoin the game and it will still be on the same map as if nothing happened however, when I do rejoin, my player's name will be changed from Hermskii to Player1 and before I connect to the game again, it will still show a player on the server but it won't list the players name.

Another issue I noticed is that no matter what, the server log isn't logging any chat. While I'm playing I'll hit the team message key and say Hey, whats up, Test, Help and then get out and shut down the server. Then I'll check the server log and it will show that I joined the game and that I left. There won't be any text about what I chatted or said while I was in the game. I used to be able to read the logs and see peeps saying Good Game and all of that but now there is nothing. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hermskii

Last edited by Hermskii : 20th December, 2007 at 06:14 AM.
Unread 20th December, 2007, 07:22 AM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermskii View Post
I used to be able to read the logs and see peeps saying Good Game and all of that but now there is nothing.
UT doesnt log the chat. You need to install a chat logger, like this one.
Unread 21st December, 2007, 01:15 AM
Godlike

Default Hmmm?

Call me special but mine always did log chat for years in the server.log and or the unrealtournament.log and I never had a chat logger installed. In fact, I wondered why peeps talked about needing one whn I could see everything in my logs already. It's just odd that about 3 months ago I started to notice less and less chat and now there is none, even when I put it there myself. Later!

Hermskii
Unread 21st December, 2007, 02:44 AM
Godlike

Default Sorry

Sorry Pizzaman.

I forgot to thank you in the first place for your answer and showing me the way to a chat logger. Thank you very much! This is just another example of why you and this forum rule!

Hermskii