You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament > UT Server - Windows Specific

Unread 4th July, 2008, 02:12 AM
Rampage

Default dedicated server doesn't show mutators

Hi all pros,

Wish I can say the same about me.

Anyway I finally rented a server rack in the mid west. First time for me. I always for years used hosted servers. Most of them did well for me and {WINGS}.

Anyway again I upload a copy of the most used server and created a bat file to start the game, the problem is that my mutators don'r show in game unless I put them in through the web admin.
the bat file looks like this:

:top
D:
cd\CHIUT99\System
ucc server
CTF-CTF-Super_Seconds{edited-Cancer}.unr?game=Botpack.CTFGame?mutator=AKAv2.AKA ,NemesisWINGSv3.Strangemutator,JetReplaceF.JetRepl ace,Pinata.Pinata,disgraced.disgracedMutator,Reven ge.Revenge,MapVoteLA13.BDBMapVote,WhoPushedMe.WhoP ushedMe,Relics.RelicDeath,Relics.RelicSpeed,Relics .RelicRegen? port=7777 ini=../ut.ini -log=../logs/server.log
goto top

Not one of the mutators show at all.

Can anybody point out a problem here?

BTW the server shows in UT lists, no problem finding it.

Server runs on windows 2003 server platform. IP of server is 69.64.47.49.

LORT

Last edited by lort : 4th July, 2008 at 03:35 AM.
Unread 4th July, 2008, 08:44 AM
Holy Shit!!

First thing I saw is that you have blanks in your file. To my knowledge UT will ignore everything following a blank. I'm not a pro but maybe try to change your list from:

Code:
mutator=AKAv2.AKA ,NemesisWINGSv3.Strangemutator,JetReplaceF.JetRepl ace,Pinata.Pinata,disgraced.disgracedMutator,Reven ge.Revenge,MapVoteLA13.BDBMapVote,WhoPushedMe.WhoP ushedMe,Relics.RelicDeath,Relics.RelicSpeed,Relics .RelicRegen?
to:
Code:
mutator=AKAv2.AKA,NemesisWINGSv3.Strangemutator,JetReplaceF.JetReplace,Pinata.Pinata,disgraced.disgracedMutator,Revenge.Revenge,MapVoteLA13.BDBMapVote,WhoPushedMe.WhoPushedMe,Relics.RelicDeath,Relics.RelicSpeed,Relics.RelicRegen?

click here to play
Unread 4th July, 2008, 10:59 AM
Holy Shit!!

This forum adds spaces when you do not use the code tags (just select the code part and click the # button).

Check your server.log
Unread 4th July, 2008, 03:15 PM
Rampage

I will do that. I'll let you know

Unread 5th July, 2008, 07:30 PM
Rampage

Well heres a copy of a log.

I have 3 copies up in that rack and all do the same. Mutators don't load must be placed in game through web admin.

BTW Please delete this long post after hope solution;

Log: Log file open, 07/05/08 19:07:14

I deleted pretty big reply. No info in it anyway.

LORT

Last edited by lort : 6th July, 2008 at 11:48 PM.
Unread 5th July, 2008, 09:19 PM
Holy Shit!!

The mutators seem to be loaded correctly.

Maybe something is breaking the chain. Try moving JetReplaceF.JetReplace to the end so that it is loaded last.
Unread 5th July, 2008, 10:58 PM
Holy Shit!!

Code:
@echo off
:10
ucc server DM-FM-beta_Funnel_II.unr?Mutator=joints.joints,DMC_Beer.bier,disgraced.disgracedMutator,KickIdlePlayers2.KickIdlePlayers2,DMCRifle.DMCSniperMutator,doublejumput.doublejumput,QAnnouncer.QAnnouncer,EavySpawnnolog.EavySpawnProtection,MapVoteLA13.BDBMapVote,whopushedme.whopushedme,Revenge.Revenge -log=server.log
copy server.log servercrash.log
goto 10
This is my Bat file i'm running server on same system
looks a little different to me
Fun-Dump.com 5k uniques daily
Phunneyshit.net 2k uniques daily
Trash n Babes 1,5k uniques daily
Babe-Dumper 1,5k uniques daily <New Site
Unread 6th July, 2008, 03:33 AM
Rampage

Unhappy

Yep I tried moving jetreplace etc, and even started a virgin game with just slv and RX's. Still the mutators don't show in game until I place them in through web admin. I even move a game to drive "C" didn't help.

I'm really confussed here.

I don't have much of a problem in a home server with XP pro running as OS.

There has to be some issue with host. Confussed couse the game do show in server advertisements.

Unread 6th July, 2008, 05:08 AM
Holy Shit!!

Btw:

Code:
Log: 0.0ms Unloading: Package EUT_1D
Log: 0.0ms Unloading: Package EUTIV
Log: 0.0ms Unloading: Package EUT_1G
You should remove the old version files from your system folder.
Unread 6th July, 2008, 07:58 PM
Rampage

I have one more option. Perhaps by using mapvoteA13 the mutators will work.

problem is if I take the mutators except the basic command to start with bat file, how would these custom mutators be set in the mapvote line. Its different from a bat file the wording that is.

D:
cd\CHIUT99\System
ucc server
CTF-CTF-Super_Seconds{edited-Cancer}.unr?game=Botpack.CTFGame?mutator=AKAv2.AKA ,NemesisWINGSv3.Strangemutator,JetReplaceF.JetRepl ace,Pinata.Pinata,disgraced.disgracedMutator,Reven ge.Revenge,MapVoteLA13.BDBMapVote,WhoPushedMe.WhoP ushedMe,Relics.RelicDeath,Relics.RelicSpeed,Relics .RelicRegen? port=7777 ini=../ut.ini -log=../logs/server.log
goto top

Unread 6th July, 2008, 08:19 PM
Godlike

Don't try to work around the problem, solve it instead!

So you are telling us no mutators load at all? How about taking it slow and load just one (1) mutator. Also make sure you are not running any thirdparty serveractors. How about giving this a try (to reduce the possibility of error, we use a stock map for testing):

Code:
D:
cd\CHIUT99\System
ucc server
CTF-Face.unr?game=Botpack.CTFGame?mutator=Pinata.Pinata ini=../ut.ini -log=../logs/server.log
goto top
By the way: you do realise that "ini=../ut.ini" loads the file UT.ini from d:\CHIUT99\, not from D:\CHIUT99\System? Not sure if that's what you're after... but it seems a tad bit strange to put your server .ini in the root of your UT folder instead of in the \System folder.
Unread 6th July, 2008, 10:13 PM
Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by adminthis View Post
Don't try to work around the problem, solve it instead!

So you are telling us no mutators load at all? How about taking it slow and load just one (1) mutator. Also make sure you are not running any thirdparty serveractors. How about giving this a try (to reduce the possibility of error, we use a stock map for testing):

Code:
D:
cd\CHIUT99\System
ucc server
CTF-Face.unr?game=Botpack.CTFGame?mutator=Pinata.Pinata ini=../ut.ini -log=../logs/server.log
goto top
By the way: you do realise that "ini=../ut.ini" loads the file UT.ini from d:\CHIUT99\, not from D:\CHIUT99\System? Not sure if that's what you're after... but it seems a tad bit strange to put your server .ini in the root of your UT folder instead of in the \System folder.
understood. thing is i already tried a clean UT99 copy with just slv and RX setup in bat, but still the same.

Last edited by lort : 6th July, 2008 at 11:46 PM.
Unread 7th July, 2008, 12:24 AM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by lort View Post
understood. thing is i already tried a clean UT99 copy with just slv and RX setup in bat, but still the same.
Aha, but did you also try a truly clean (or "virgin", as you put it) installation of your server? Here is how to do it; after all we are testing, right?

Download the UT dedicated server for Windows v436 package [here]

Install it. Now you're left with the bare essentials to run your test server. It comes with a clean, sleek UnrealTournament.ini and a clean copy of RunServer.bat in the \System folder. Now let's create a new .bat file to run our server (or edit the existing RunServer.bat) and put this in:

Code:
@echo off
ucc server CTF-Face.unr?Game=Botpack.ctfgame?mutator=Botpack.InstaGibDM
What this will do is start your super clean server with just one mutator which is confirmed to work under normal conditions. The mutator we use is the Instagib mutator, so it should be immediately apparent if it's working or not. And it will work.

If this does not work, you now have 100% confirmation that it's a problem not caused by UT, but by an external factor. I couldn't image what it is, but you should definitely contact your hosting provider in that case (don't worry, it will work ).

Don't keep messing around, just perform this test for us and let us know the result. Thank you.

--

Alternatively you could navigate to your current server installation at D:\CHIUT99\System and rename the file Default.ini, which is a clean version of UnrealTournament.ini, to UnrealTournament.ini. Then simply create the .bat file I outlined and it should work all the same. If this fails, use the original test plan.. because it's much more failsafe. With this method you're still using your original installation which might be corrupted somehow for all we know

Last edited by adminthis : 7th July, 2008 at 12:31 AM.
Unread 7th July, 2008, 12:43 AM
Rampage

Quote:
Aha, but did you also try a truly clean (or "virgin", as you put it) installation of your server? Here is how to do it; after all we are testing, right?

Install it. Now you're left with the bare essentials to run your test server. It comes with a clean, sleek UnrealTournament.ini and a clean copy of RunServer.bat in the \System folder. Now let's create a new .bat file to run our server (or edit the existing RunServer.bat) and put this in:

Code:
@echo off
What this will do is start your super clean server with just one mutator which is confirmed to work under normal conditions. The mutator we use is the Instagib mutator, so it should be immediately apparent if it's working or not. And it will work.

If this does not work, you now have 100% confirmation that it's a problem not caused by UT, but by an external factor. I couldn't image what it is, but you should definitely contact your hosting provider in that case (don't worry, it will work ).

Don't keep messing around, just perform this test for us and let us know the result. Thank you.

--

Alternatively you could navigate to your current server installation at D:\CHIUT99\System and rename the file Default.ini, which is a clean version of UnrealTournament.ini, to UnrealTournament.ini. Then simply create the .bat file I outlined and it should work all the same. If this fails, use the original test plan.. because it's much more failsafe. With this method you're still using your original installation which might be corrupted somehow for all we know
OK I will follow your advice.

But i have to say that I didn't use the version of 436 as you hve in your link. Maybe thats the problem. I used the standard version which is only 7.03 mgs in size. Did that on my home machine and than uploaded it to server and than I installed the 451b patch in server.

Anyway hope it works.

I'l let you kjnow later going seesome firewoks wth wife and kidas. a couple of hour

Unread 7th July, 2008, 04:05 AM
Rampage

I'll have to do it tomorrow. its late got to start fresh. Deleted the copy on my home machine and installed a freash copy. have to compressing it as we speak, and will upload so I'll let you guys know tomorrow sometime.
LORT

Unread 7th July, 2008, 04:42 AM
Rampage

Quote:

Code:
@echo off

--

Admin is this a patch or the full server UT game? LOL sorry for dumb question.

I see it has alot of file that are present in the regular game.

LOL NVM I just read about it. Hope it works. So I can stop with my other upload.

Last edited by lort : 7th July, 2008 at 04:51 AM.
Unread 7th July, 2008, 05:12 AM
Rampage

Adminthis I unzipped the server version. set line looking like this:

D:
cd\UnrealTournament\System
ucc server
CTF-Face.unr?Game=Botpack.ctfgame?mutator=Botpack.Inst aGibDM -log=server.log
copy server.log servercrash.log
goto 10

"bat" shows that douplink not set 3 lines saying the same.

Also showing not connected to master server.

I normally go to dedicated game and make my web uplink setting there, but there is no start icon in this server version. I can't seem to find where the change is to to made in the ini from False to True.
BTW I had to change cityintro to CTF-Face.unr in ini

Last edited by lort : 7th July, 2008 at 05:39 AM.
Unread 7th July, 2008, 09:20 AM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
I normally go to dedicated game and make my web uplink setting there, but there is no start icon in this server version.
Sounds like you have been using the client to run a server.

The server version is controlled by command line only, using or overriding the settings in the ini spesified in the command line startup parameters.
Unread 7th July, 2008, 11:40 AM
Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaMan View Post
Sounds like you have been using the client to run a server.

The server version is controlled by command line only, using or overriding the settings in the ini spesified in the command line startup parameters.
No thats just how I set the uplink and web server to True. I do that only once to do those settings. Than I use a bat file to run game.

Unread 7th July, 2008, 01:14 PM
Godlike

Quote:
No thats just how I set the uplink and web server to True. I do that only once to do those settings. Than I use a bat file to run game.
The uplink can be set under [IpServer.UdpServerUplink].

Code:
[IpServer.UdpServerUplink]
DoUplink=True
The webserver can be enabled under [UWeb.WebServer].

Code:
[UWeb.WebServer]
bEnabled=True
ListenPort=1234
Where ListenPort is the port the webserver runs on (e.g.: http://my.servers.ip.address:1234).

Also, it's not necessary to change the LocalMap= entry. Simply launch your server using the RunServer.bat file and have a look. Even without DoUplink set, you could still verify if it worked by manually connecting to your server's IP address.

Last edited by adminthis : 7th July, 2008 at 01:20 PM.