You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament > UT Server - Windows Specific

Unread 23rd February, 2014, 05:35 AM
Dominating

Default New To Virtual Server

As title says, im new to virtual servers, my clan just got one, and i am learning, little by little, but for now i have 1 questions to ask, hopefully someone can help, we bought extra ips, how do i bind one of those ips to the server (to make it that server's ip address)? If u know about 2k4 too (if its not different) plz tell me that too.
looking for someone who can make the COD4/R6 RavenShield weapon called the Skorpion/PistolCZ61 that fires sniper rifle bullets with the minigun's rate of fire (or faster). Looking for this weapon in UT99 And UT2004. Message me if you think u can help (RavenShield uses Unreal Engine 2 so its easier to extract the model)
Unread 23rd February, 2014, 06:32 PM
Holy Shit!!

You didn't state the OS?

If it's running linux you need to create virtual eth0 eth1 eth2 etc etc. Webmin is good for newbies.

Unread 23rd February, 2014, 07:45 PM
Dominating

i thought posting in the windows area would show that, but just in case u need specific details, its running windows 2008 R2 32-bit
looking for someone who can make the COD4/R6 RavenShield weapon called the Skorpion/PistolCZ61 that fires sniper rifle bullets with the minigun's rate of fire (or faster). Looking for this weapon in UT99 And UT2004. Message me if you think u can help (RavenShield uses Unreal Engine 2 so its easier to extract the model)
Unread 23rd February, 2014, 08:44 PM
Holy Shit!!

No need to do virtual.

Easy way

*you put this server where you want on your r2
http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/u...lMulti2013.zip

*open DMZ router

*you run the RunServer.bat

Finish your server is at the wan ip

You can have others servers UT at the same ip but not same query port.
exemple

UT Server 1
Quote:
[url]
Protocol=unreal
ProtocolDescription=Unreal Protocol
Name=Player
Map=Index.unr
LocalMap=DM-Deck16][.unr
Host=
Portal=
MapExt=unr
SaveExt=usa
Port=7777
Class=Botpack.TMale1

Quote:
[UWeb.WebServer]
Applications[0]=UTServerAdmin.UTServerAdmin
ApplicationPaths[0]=/ServerAdmin
Applications[1]=UTServerAdmin.UTImageServer
ApplicationPaths[1]=/images
DefaultApplication=0
bEnabled=True
ListenPort=8888
UT Server 2
Quote:
[url]
Protocol=unreal
Name=Player
Map=Index.unr
LocalMap=DM-Deck16][.unr
Host=
Portal=
MapExt=unr
SaveExt=usa
Port=7733
Class=Botpack.TMale1
Quote:
[UWeb.WebServer]
DefaultApplication=0
bEnabled=True
ListenPort=8833
UT Server 3
Quote:
[url]
Protocol=unreal
Name=Player
Map=Index.unr
LocalMap=DM-Deck16][.unr
Host=
Portal=
MapExt=unr
SaveExt=usa
Port=7700
Class=Botpack.TMale1
Quote:
[UWeb.WebServer]
DefaultApplication=0
bEnabled=True
ListenPort=8800

Unread 23rd February, 2014, 09:24 PM
Dominating

when u say no need for virtual are u saying i should just do this on my pc? Cause thats not what i want to do, we already bought the virtual server, just working on getting the bugs out. Now ive done a bit of research on setting this up, not too much but i do have a starting grip on it. ATM im running the server threw the runserver.bat, which is the only way ive found that allows me to tell it what ip to use. When im on the virtual machine the server runs fine, but when i use my computer and go to find internet games the server is down, 9999 ping, no name, but it does show all the details like admin name and email and all that. Ive seen a few places saying the way im running it may not b best for various reasons, so if anyone else has a better way to run this thing let me know.
Unread 23rd February, 2014, 09:33 PM
Dominating

nvr my question, i fixed it, but if anyone has a more secure or better way of hosting a server or whatever plz feel free to tell me how and ill post back here about any other questions i may have
Unread 23rd February, 2014, 10:12 PM
Holy Shit!!

How did you fix it/what was your fix?

With Windows there is no virtual eth (AFAIK). Best thing to do here is to use .bat files. And use scheduled tasks to monitor the processes (this will help to make sure the servers are online or you could use loop)

Otherwise you could do the "better" route which is what I would opt for. If you can, create virtual containers within your virtual instance and each container will be whichever server you want.

For the server to appear online the 7777 and 7778 ports need to be open for UDP. Can't remember if you need TCP but you will require it for some functions like ACE and a few other things. You also need to make sure the masterserver ports are open.

Unread 24th February, 2014, 12:49 AM
Dominating

i dont remember, it was ether a bad ini or a bad mutator , ive done alot since then. I dont know what u mean by containers, but the way i currently have it setup is i have ut99 installed on the box and just run the server like i would from my own computer using the bat file. As for that last paragraph, u mine as well b speaking a different language, i know ut uses those ports but i have no idea what to do with em. Ppl can connect but im finding a new problem now, if the server has more than 20 server package lines and 20 server actors lines then when ppl connect to the server they get frozen, time out at the last part of the loading and the server bat file crashes, only 40 server package/actor slots dont cover it, i wouldnt think it has anything to do with the network allowing or disallowing something, cause if i disable all but 40 lines then ppl can connect.

Last edited by NightWing : 24th February, 2014 at 02:28 AM.
Unread 24th February, 2014, 02:47 AM
Dominating

looks like i fixed that problem too, upgraded the server from 432 to 451b and it works
Unread 24th February, 2014, 06:04 AM
Dominating

just to verify, this server and all the bat files for each server will b running 24/7?
Unread 24th February, 2014, 10:57 AM
Holy Shit!!

When you exec a bat file the server is open.
When you close the windows bat file the server close.
You can open or close separately each server.