You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - Windows Specific

Unread 9th January, 2004, 08:34 AM
Forum Newcomer

Hello.

I have a Problem with running my UT 2003 Server over a QGI HGW 100 DSL - Router.
When i start the Server (Dedicate), the Logfile tells:
Log: MasterServerUplink: Connection to ut2003master2.epicgames.com established.
Log: Master server requests heartbeat 0 with code 13544
Log: Master server requests heartbeat 1 with code 13544
Log: Master server requests heartbeat 2 with code 13544
Log: Master server assigned our MatchID: 0

It seems fine, but in the MasterServerList my Server is listet as Ping N/A and no Server Stats where displayed. And when a Player will connect to my Server he sees only unreal://IP-Address/Index.ut2.
I have set the Value of "ServerBehindNat" to True, but it takes no Effect. All needed Ports are open (7777-7790 and 28900-289002). Whats the Problem ? When i run a old Unreal Tournament Server on the same Machine, i have no Problems. This Server runs fine.

Thanks for your Help.
Unread 9th January, 2004, 09:10 AM
Godlike

Can you run a client behind the same firewall and connect to the server?

(Use the LAN address of the server from there)

If you can't connect to it, the problem isn't your firewall.
Unread 9th January, 2004, 11:08 AM
Forum Newcomer

Are you using Zone Alarm? If you are, then you need to disable it.
I'm using Zone Alarm and I have the same problem.

If not then you have a problem that I can't advise you on.
Let me know how you get on dude.

WarriorX
Unread 10th January, 2004, 12:37 AM
Killing Spree

Hey I'm no guru.
I thought I had the same problem.

I couldn't connect to my own server via LAN. I could see t with ping of NA in DM browser but not in LAN.
Fired could connect and use hapilly then remembered I had switched on XP firewall on LAN connection on client. Switched it off and hey presto.

Hope it helps!
Unread 10th January, 2004, 06:11 AM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50BMG
Can you run a client behind the same firewall and connect to the server?

(Use the LAN address of the server from there)

If you can't connect to it, the problem isn't your firewall.
I can connect to the Server over Lan (Private IP - Address are 192.168.168.253 Port 7777) and over Internet i can not connect. When i will connect over Internet (Doubble Click on my Servername) i see the following String on my Screen "unreal://213.23.134.56/index.ut2" and the Connection failed after a long Time. When i use Add IP (Favorites), it its the same. The entred IP - Address, like 213.23.134.56, 213.23.134.56:7777 or 213.23.134.56 with other Ports, is show as unknow. I have no Problems connect other Server, on the Master Server List, with the same Client.
Unread 10th January, 2004, 06:46 AM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorX
Are you using Zone Alarm? If you are, then you need to disable it.
I'm using Zone Alarm and I have the same problem.

If not then you have a problem that I can't advise you on.
Let me know how you get on dude.

WarriorX
I not use Zone Alarm or any other Software Firewall. The WindowsXP Firewall is also disabled. Only the native DSL - Router Firewall is aktive, but the Ports, the Server needet, are open in the Router Config. I think the Router is the Problem, then when i Config the Router to open all Ports (This Option calls "Default Entry") it takes no Effect.

I play with the Thought to buy a new DSL - Router. Which Router are good for use with UT 2003 ?
Unread 10th January, 2004, 09:55 AM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT-Sniper
I can connect to the Server over Lan (Private IP - Address are 192.168.168.253 Port 7777) and over Internet i can not connect. When i will connect over Internet (Doubble Click on my Servername) i see the following String on my Screen "unreal://213.23.134.56/index.ut2" and the Connection failed after a long Time. When i use Add IP (Favorites), it its the same. The entred IP - Address, like 213.23.134.56, 213.23.134.56:7777 or 213.23.134.56 with other Ports, is show as unknow. I have no Problems connect other Server, on the Master Server List, with the same Client.
This is the result of how the IP routing in most routers are implemented. Packets coming in on the LAN interface aren't forwarded (like those coming in on the external iface) so when the router examines them it sees that it is already at it's final destination and tries to process the package locally. If you and the server are behind the same router, use the LAN (internal) address to connect.

If users can't connect from outside your router this is most likely the infamous NAT bug. This can be worked around by connecting via Gamespy, ASE or adding the IP to Favourites. Read more about it here: http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=234947
Unread 10th January, 2004, 06:32 PM
Godlike

It may turn out that your issue does have to do with the "NAT" bug, but let's work the problem a bit and see what happens.

You can play games behind the firewall from the LAN, so the server can work.

It will help me to know the make and model of your firewall router ( I didn't recognize QGI HGW 100 DSL - Router )so I can download a manual and look through it. Please also send the router's firmware revision if you can.

Let's start there before I make any more suggestions.

To confirm it's the NAT bug, please use the browser entry for your server and add it to your favorites. Then edit the favorite you just added and check the port numbers it assigned to your server. If they're not in the 77xx range, it probably is the NAT bug, and we'll work that.
Unread 10th January, 2004, 11:15 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
It may turn out that your issue does have to do with the "NAT" bug, but let's work the problem a bit and see what happens.

You can play games behind the firewall from the LAN, so the server can work.

It will help me to know the make and model of your firewall router ( I didn't recognize QGI HGW 100 DSL - Router )so I can download a manual and look through it. Please also send the router's firmware revision if you can.

Let's start there before I make any more suggestions.

To confirm it's the NAT bug, please use the browser entry for your server and add it to your favorites. Then edit the favorite you just added and check the port numbers it assigned to your server. If they're not in the 77xx range, it probably is the NAT bug, and we'll work that.
Thanks for Help.
Here the Informations:
Firmware -> 1.08
Link to download Manual -> http://mitglied.lycos.de/superaggi/HGW100
The Manual are in German or English
Play Games -> Yes i can play UT 2003 of other Servers over the Router.
Entry in the Favorites looks so -> Favorites=(ServerID=0,IP="213.23.134.56",Port=1156 2,QueryPort=11561,ServerName="* * Snipers UT Server * *....")
I have open this Ports to, but it takes no Effect.

I have also read the Page how have Naked_Ape give, but i have not understand whats to Do. What means the Autor when he wrote ->

If they do I'd suggest the following:

Add a new parameter to [IpDrv.MasterServerUplink]:
ExplicitSourcePorts=List|""
default:"" (empty) ==> Current implementation

List: The 2 ports, for example:

?

Should i wrote a Entry in my INI like this ->
ExplicitSourcePorts=7777,7787
or what else ? I have also serach the other Sides but i found no Match what i have correktly to do. What must i wrote in my ini, to get the Server work correkt ? And when it is a Bug in UT2003, why did the Bug whas not fixed ? Or brings UT 2004 Help for this ?
Unread 10th January, 2004, 11:19 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked_Ape
This is the result of how the IP routing in most routers are implemented. Packets coming in on the LAN interface aren't forwarded (like those coming in on the external iface) so when the router examines them it sees that it is already at it's final destination and tries to process the package locally. If you and the server are behind the same router, use the LAN (internal) address to connect.

If users can't connect from outside your router this is most likely the infamous NAT bug. This can be worked around by connecting via Gamespy, ASE or adding the IP to Favourites. Read more about it here: http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=234947
Thanks, i have read the Page. But i have not understand it. My English is to low for this. I have only understand that it gives a Bug in UT2003 with native Firewalls. But i have not understand what the Autor means with ->

Should the Entry in the ini looks like this:
I have also read other links in the given Page, but i have not found a correkt Match what^s to do.
Unread 11th January, 2004, 01:31 AM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Thanks, i have read the Page. But i have not understand it. My English is to low for this. I have only understand that it gives a Bug in UT2003 with native Firewalls. But i have not understand what the Autor means with ->

Should the Entry in the ini looks like this:
I have also read other links in the given Page, but i have not found a correkt Match what^s to do.
If indeed this is because of the NAT bug (and it looks like it is), there is no solution (other than what I said above) today. Hopefully this bug will be addressed by the next patch. The quote above is a hypothetical solution. It's IMO the wrong way to address the problem.
Unread 11th January, 2004, 03:23 AM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked_Ape

If indeed this is because of the NAT bug (and it looks like it is), there is no solution (other than what I said above) today. Hopefully this bug will be addressed by the next patch. The quote above is a hypothetical solution. It's IMO the wrong way to address the problem.
Maybe, no Solution for this Problem. This is a bad Message. I hope the next Patch will fix this Problem. Is there a finale date for a new Patch ?
Unread 11th January, 2004, 03:50 AM
Godlike

Quote:
Quote:
Entry in the Favorites looks so -> Favorites=(ServerID=0,IP="213.23.134.56",Port=1156 2,QueryPort=11561,ServerName="* * Snipers UT Server * *....")
I have open this Ports to, but it takes no Effect.
Naked_Ape appears to have called this one perfectly, your information on the contents of the favorite confirm it's the NAT bug.

According to what I've read, there's no way to fix this from outside the router.

I'll download the manual (if I can find my way to it, my German isn't so good as your english) and see if there's any suggestions I can see in it.

Expect a response in a few hours.
Unread 11th January, 2004, 05:06 AM
Godlike

Well, this router is a bit hard to digest.
[list:37ca2a889a]The link to the english FAQ is broken. I found out why, the word English is misspelled in the file name.

Look here http://mitglied.lycos.de/superaggi/HGW100/downloads/ for a list of documents.

Unfortunately, the one for the english manual http://mitglied.lycos.de/superaggi/H...anual_engl.zip is a bad file and winzip says the archive is no good.

I did look over a command line reference, but it has no way to disable outgoing port translation, which is what you need.[/list:u:37ca2a889a]The only advice I can offer now is to try another router. Almost any router from D-Link or LinkSys has an easier GUI interface, but I don't know which might be available in German.

One other thing to try is edit the ini file as follows:[list:37ca2a889a]
[IpDrv.MasterServerUplink]
ServerBehindNAT=True[/list:u:37ca2a889a]IF this is already true, or doesn't help, changing the router may be the only thing until a patch is available.
Unread 11th January, 2004, 06:14 PM
Forum Newcomer

Thanks to all for the great Help.

Quote:
Well, this router is a bit hard to digest.
[list:4eef6d8470]The link to the english FAQ is broken. I found out why, the word English is misspelled in the file name.

Look here http://mitglied.lycos.de/superaggi/HGW100/downloads/ for a list of documents.

Unfortunately, the one for the english manual http://mitglied.lycos.de/superaggi/H...anual_engl.zip is a bad file and winzip says the archive is no good.

I did look over a command line reference, but it has no way to disable outgoing port translation, which is what you need.[/list:u:4eef6d8470]The only advice I can offer now is to try another router. Almost any router from D-Link or LinkSys has an easier GUI interface, but I don't know which might be available in German.

One other thing to try is edit the ini file as follows:[list:4eef6d8470]
ServerBehindNAT=True[/list:u:4eef6d8470]IF this is already true, or doesn't help, changing the router may be the only thing until a patch is available.
Yepp, the Link of the Englisg Manual is broken. The Page doe^t exists. The Value of ServerBehindNAT is allready True. Your Idea are good, but the Router Funktion Port Translation can^t switch off.

You talk about Routers, tell me which is a good Router ! When i buy a new DSL - Router, the Router must work correktly with UT2003 and the old UT. Than the Router should have a Port to connect a Printer on it, so the Printer can work as Network Printer. The GUI and the Manual of the Router can be in English (HGW100 Gui are in English, the Manual is German). Wich is your Favorite DSL - Router, Money is not the Point.

Or should i wait for a Bug Fix of UT 2003 ?
Unread 13th January, 2004, 05:52 PM
Godlike

I can talk about several firewall products I've installed and used.

They all have tradeoffs of one kind or another.

First, I don't know of a single one that offers a printer port so that a printer can be networked from it. I think you'll have a lot more lattitude in your firewall selection if this is done externally to the firewall. I've used several good print servers by hp, Intel and of course Linksys. They're readily available and are even common these days.

As for firewalls, I have the most experience with Linksys.[list:79bb4146f2][list:79bb4146f2]
Their "Standard" router line:

http://www.linksys.com/products/grou...34&scid=29

They also have a wireless line:

http://www.linksys.com/products/grou...33&scid=35[/list:u:79bb4146f2]

I think the BEFSX41 http://www.linksys.com/products/prod...9&prid=433 is an excellant price / performance selection. It's firmware seems a little twitchy compared to the others, but it's still pretty new so they may not have all the bugs out of the interface yet. The firewall itself is solid and it has a 100 megabit capable WAN port which many firewalls do not have.

The BEFSR41 http://www.linksys.com/products/prod...9&prid=561 is also very popular. It's used a lot, but it might not have enough power for more than 8 internet based players, depending on your configuration.

The RV082 http://www.linksys.com/products/prod...9&prid=589 looks interesting, but might be overkill for yor needs. Also, I haven't tested it personally.[/list:u:79bb4146f2]

I know there are many others in use, most of which can be found on this web site by searching posts for "Firewall". You'll see about every comment / problem that can happen with a firewall.

Other's I cannot personally vouch for, but that I know are in use by other server admins: GNAT-BOX, D-LINK, HAWKING and of course Linux based products.

I hope that will be of some help.
Unread 23rd January, 2004, 09:20 PM
Killing Spree

I have exactly the same symton of I can connect to my server running on another machine via my LAN. But I or pals cannot connect via the internet. The server is listed but PING = N/A.

The details so far. My desktop PC is running the dedicated server fine and dandy. IT is connected to my laptop via LAN and laptop can ping desktop WWW IP and LAN IP with results <1ms. So tickety bo! Laptop can connect to server and play fine with nice low ping!

Desktop is connected to the www via ADSL modem, (no firewall in the modem or LAN).

OK Firewall. XP firewall and LAN XP firewall are off. Even tried switching Norton firewall of. No difference PING = N/A.

I tried to find [IpDrv.MasterServerUplink] but this section wasn't in my ut2003.ini. Humn? So hey what the heck add it!

Added it still no change. So what to try next? Anyone any ideas? I have pre-ordered 2004 but I have alot of long winter night to get through until it arrives!

Just incase you ask below are the startup command & ut2003.inin

STARTUP -
@echo off
:top
ucc server dm-gael?game=XGame.xdmGame?mutator=MapVote400b11.MapV ote?weaponsstay=true?Translocator=false?minplayers =0?AccessControl=XAdmin.AccessControlIni?Adminname =SHUSH?AdminPassword=ITSASECRET=server.log
copy server.log servercrash.log
goto top

UT2003.INI -
[url]
Protocol=unreal
ProtocolDescription=Unreal Protocol
Name=Player
Map=Index.ut2
LocalMap=NvidiaLogo.ut2
NetBrowseMap=Entry.ut2
Host=
Portal=
MapExt=ut2
EXEName=UT2003.exe
SaveExt=usa
Port=7777
Class=Engine.Pawn
Character=Gorge

[FirstRun]
FirstRun=0

[Engine.Engine]
RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
AudioDevice=ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem
NetworkDevice=IpDrv.TcpNetDriver
DemoRecordingDevice=Engine.DemoRecDriver
Console=XInterface.extendedconsole
GUIController=XInterface.GUIController
Language=int
Product=UT2003
GameEngine=Engine.GameEngine
EditorEngine=Editor.EditorEngine
DefaultGame=XGame.XDeathmatch
DefaultServerGame=XGame.XDeathmatch
ViewportManager=WinDrv.WindowsClient
;ViewportManager=SDLDrv.SDLClient
Render=Render.Render
Input=Engine.Input
Canvas=Engine.Canvas
CdPath=E:

[Core.System]
PurgeCacheDays=30
SavePath=../Save
CachePath=../Cache
CacheExt=.uxx
Paths=../System/*.u
Paths=../Maps/*.ut2
Paths=../Textures/*.utx
Paths=../Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../Music/*.umx
Paths=../StaticMeshes/*.usx
Paths=../Animations/*.ukx
Paths=../Saves/*.uvx
Suppress=DevLoad
Suppress=DevSave
Suppress=DevNetTraffic
Suppress=DevGarbage
Suppress=DevKill
Suppress=DevReplace
Suppress=DevCompile
Suppress=DevBind
Suppress=DevBsp

[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=32
UseSound=True
ServerActors=IpDrv.MasterServerUplink
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
ServerPackages=Core
ServerPackages=Engine
ServerPackages=Fire
ServerPackages=Editor
ServerPackages=IpDrv
ServerPackages=UWeb
ServerPackages=GamePlay
ServerPackages=UnrealGame
ServerPackages=XEffects
ServerPackages=XPickups
ServerPackages=XGame
ServerPackages=XWeapons
ServerPackages=XInterface
ServerPackages=Vehicles
ServerPackages=TeamSymbols_UT2003
ServerPackages=MapVote400b11
MainMenuClass=XInterface.UT2MainMenu
ConnectingMenuClass=XInterface.MenuConnecting
DisconnectMenuClass=XInterface.UT2NetworkStatusMsg
UseStaticMeshBatching=True
ServerPackages=UTClassic
ServerPackages=BonusPack
ServerPackages=SkaarjPack
ServerPackages=SkaarjPack_rc

[WinDrv.WindowsClient]
WindowedViewportX=640
WindowedViewportY=480
FullscreenViewportX=800
FullscreenViewportY=600
MenuViewportX=640
MenuViewportY=480
Brightness=0.800000
Contrast=0.700000
Gamma=0.800000
UseJoystick=False
CaptureMouse=True
StartupFullscreen=True
ScreenFlashes=True
NoLighting=False
MinDesiredFrameRate=35.000000
Decals=True
Coronas=True
DecoLayers=True
Projectors=True
NoDynamicLights=False
ReportDynamicUploads=False
TextureDetailInterface=Normal
TextureDetailTerrain=Normal
TextureDetailWeaponSkin=Normal
TextureDetailPlayerSkin=Normal
TextureDetailWorld=Normal
TextureDetailRenderMap=Normal
TextureDetailLightmap=UltraHigh
TextureMaxLOD=0
TextureMinLOD=0
NoFractalAnim=False
ScaleHUDX=0.0

[SDLDrv.SDLClient]
WindowedViewportX=640
WindowedViewportY=480
FullscreenViewportX=800
FullscreenViewportY=600
MenuViewportX=640
MenuViewportY=480
Brightness=0.800000
Contrast=0.700000
Gamma=0.800000
UseJoystick=False
JoystickNumber=0
IgnoreHat=False
JoystickHatNumber=0
CaptureMouse=True
StartupFullscreen=True
ScreenFlashes=True
NoLighting=False
MinDesiredFrameRate=35.000000
Decals=True
Coronas=True
DecoLayers=True
Projectors=True
NoDynamicLights=False
ReportDynamicUploads=False
TextureDetailInterface=Normal
TextureDetailTerrain=Normal
TextureDetailWeaponSkin=Normal
TextureDetailPlayerSkin=Normal
TextureDetailWorld=Normal
TextureDetailRenderMap=Normal
TextureDetailLightmap=UltraHigh
TextureMaxLOD=0
TextureMinLOD=0
NoFractalAnim=False

[Engine.Player]
ConfiguredInternetSpeed=2600
ConfiguredLanSpeed=20000

[ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem]
UseEAX=False
Use3DSound=False
UseDefaultDriver=True
CompatibilityMode=False
UsePrecache=True
ReverseStereo=false
Channels=32
MusicVolume=0.1
AmbientVolume=0.3
SoundVolume=1.0
DopplerFactor=1.0
Rolloff=0.5
TimeBetweenHWUpdates=15
DisablePitch=False
LowQualitySound=False

[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
AllowDownloads=True
ConnectionTimeout=180.0
InitialConnectTimeout=200.0
AckTimeout=1.0
KeepAliveTime=0.2
MaxClientRate=20000
SimLatency=0
RelevantTimeout=5.0
SpawnPrioritySeconds=1.0
ServerTravelPause=4.0
NetServerMaxTickRate=20
LanServerMaxTickRate=35
DownloadManagers=IpDrv.HTTPDownload
DownloadManagers=Engine.ChannelDownload
AllowPlayerPortUnreach=False
LogPortUnreach=False
MaxInternetClientRate=7000.0
MaxConnPerIPPerMinute=5
LogMaxConnPerIPPerMin=False

[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
RedirectToURL=
ProxyServerHost=
ProxyServerPort=3128
UseCompression=True

[Engine.DemoRecDriver]
DemoSpectatorClass=UnrealGame.DemoRecSpectator
MaxClientRate=25000
ConnectionTimeout=15.0
InitialConnectTimeout=200.0
AckTimeout=1.0
KeepAliveTime=1.0
SimLatency=0
RelevantTimeout=5.0
SpawnPrioritySeconds=1.0
ServerTravelPause=4.0
NetServerMaxTickRate=30
LanServerMaxTickRate=30

[Engine.GameReplicationInfo]
ServerName=KMA Members Backup Server
ShortName=KMA Backup
ServerRegion=0
AdminName=Ra1der
[email protected]
MOTDLine1=Test Backup Server
MOTDLine2=For KMA and All
MOTDLine3=Frag, enjoy and say hi!
MOTDLine4=Special Hi to Muz!

[IpServer.UdpServerQuery]
GameName=ut2

[IpDrv.UdpBeacon]
DoBeacon=True
BeaconTime=0.50
BeaconTimeout=5.0
BeaconProduct=ut2

[D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]
DetailTextures=True
HighDetailActors=True
SuperHighDetailActors=True
UsePrecaching=True
UseTrilinear=True
AdapterNumber=-1
ReduceMouseLag=True
UseTripleBuffering=False
UseHardwareTL=True
UseHardwareVS=True
UseCubemaps=True
DesiredRefreshRate=60
UseCompressedLightmaps=True
UseStencil=False
Use16bit=False
Use16bitTextures=False
MaxPixelShaderVersion=255
UseVSync=False
LevelOfAnisotropy=1
DetailTexMipBias=0.8
DefaultTexMipBias=-0.5
UseNPatches=False
TesselationFactor=1.0
CheckForOverflow=False
AvoidHitches=False
OverrideDesktopRefreshRate=False

[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
DetailTextures=True
HighDetailActors=True
UsePrecaching=True
UseTrilinear=True
UseStencil=False
MaxTextureUnits=8
VARSize=32
ReduceMouseLag=False

[Engine.NullRenderDevice]
DetailTextures=True
HighDetailActors=True
UsePrecaching=True
UseStencil=False

[Editor.EditorEngine]
UseSound=True
CacheSizeMegs=32
GridEnabled=True
SnapVertices=False
SnapDistance=1.000000
GridSize=(X=4.000000,Y=4.000000,Z=4.000000)
RotGridEnabled=True
RotGridSize=(Pitch=1024,Yaw=1024,Roll=1024)
GameCommandLine=-log
FovAngleDegrees=90.000000
GodMode=True
AutoSave=True
AutoSaveTimeMinutes=5
AutoSaveIndex=6
UseAxisIndicator=True
MatineeCurveDetail=0.1
ShowIntWarnings=False
UseSizingBox=True
RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
AudioDevice=ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem
NetworkDevice=IpDrv.TcpNetDriver
DemoRecordingDevice=Engine.DemoRecDriver
Console=Engine.Console
Language=ute
AlwaysShowTerrain=False
UseActorRotationGizmo=False
LoadEntirePackageWhenSaving=0
EditPackages=Core
EditPackages=Engine
EditPackages=Fire
EditPackages=Editor
EditPackages=UnrealEd
EditPackages=IpDrv
EditPackages=UWeb
EditPackages=GamePlay
EditPackages=UnrealGame
EditPackages=XGame_rc
EditPackages=XEffects
EditPackages=XWeapons_rc
EditPackages=XPickups_rc
EditPackages=XPickups
EditPackages=XGame
EditPackages=XWeapons
EditPackages=XInterface
EditPackages=XAdmin
EditPackages=XWebAdmin
EditPackages=Vehicles
EditPackages=BonusPack
EditPackages=SkaarjPack
EditPackages=SkaarjPack_rc
EditPackages=OGGPlayer

[UWeb.WebServer]
Applications[0]=xWebAdmin.UTServerAdmin
ApplicationPaths[0]=/ServerAdmin
Applications[1]=xWebAdmin.UTImageServer
ApplicationPaths[1]=/images
DefaultApplication=0
bEnabled=True

[Engine.Console]
ConsoleHotKey=9
TimePerTitle=30.0
TimePerDemo=60.0
TimePerSoak=3600.0
TimeTooIdle=60.0
DemoLevels[0]=DM-Curse3
DemoLevels[1]=DM-Antalus
DemoLevels[2]=CTF-Chrome
DemoLevels[3]=DOM-SunTemple
DemoLevels[4]=BR-Endagra

[Engine.AccessControl]
AdminPassword=penguin
KickToMenu=Xinterface.UT2NetworkStatusMsg
GamePassword=murphy
bBanByID=True

[Engine.GameInfo]
GoreLevel=0
MaxSpectators=1
MaxPlayers=6
AutoAim=1.000000
GameSpeed=1.000000
bChangeLevels=True
bStartUpLocked=False
bNoBots=False
bAttractAlwaysFirstPerson=False
NumMusicFiles=13
bEnableStatLogging=true
HUDType=Engine.Hud
MaxLives=0
TimeLimit=10
GoalScore=0
GameStatsClass=IpDrv.MasterServerGameStats
SecurityClass=UnrealGame.UnrealSecurity

[Engine.AmbientSound]
AmbientVolume=0.25

[Engine.LevelInfo]
PhysicsDetailLevel=PDL_Medium
bLowSoundDetail=False
DecalStayScale=1.0
bNeverPrecache=false

[xInterface.Tab_MultiplayerHostMain]
LastGameType=XGame.xDeathmatch
LastMap=DM-Antalus

[xInterface.Tab_InstantActionMain]
LastGameType=XGame.xDeathmatch
LastMap=DM-Antalus
LastBotSkill=1
LastBotCount=4
LastUseMapBots=True
LastUseCustomBots=False

[xInterface.Tab_InstantActionBaseRules]
LastFriendlyFire=0
LastWeaponStay=True
LastTranslocator=False
LastGameSpeed=1.0
LastGoalScore=0
LastTimeLimit=0
LastMaxLives=0

[xInterface.Tab_IADeathMatch]
LastFriendlyFire=0
LastWeaponStay=True
LastTranslocator=False
LastGameSpeed=1.0
LastGoalScore=25
LastTimeLimit=15
LastMaxLives=0
LastAutoAdjustSkill=True

[xInterface.Tab_IATeamDeathMatch]
LastFriendlyFire=0
LastWeaponStay=True
LastTranslocator=False
LastGameSpeed=1.0
LastGoalScore=35
LastTimeLimit=15
LastMaxLives=0
LastAutoAdjustSkill=False

[xInterface.Tab_IACaptureTheFlag]
LastFriendlyFire=0.000000
LastWeaponStay=True
LastTranslocator=True
LastGameSpeed=1.000000
LastGoalScore=3
LastTimeLimit=15
LastMaxLives=0

[xInterface.Tab_IABombingRun]
LastFriendlyFire=0
LastWeaponStay=True
LastTranslocator=True
LastGameSpeed=1.0
LastGoalScore=21
LastTimeLimit=15
LastMaxLives=0

[xInterface.Tab_IADoubleDomination]
LastFriendlyFire=0
LastWeaponStay=True
LastTranslocator=False
LastGameSpeed=1.0
LastGoalScore=3
LastTimeLimit=15
LastMaxLives=0

[xInterface.Tab_InstantActionMutators]
LastActiveMutators=

[xInterface.Tab_MultiplayerHostServerSettings]
bDedicated=False
bLanPlay=False
BotSkill=1
bUseDefaults=False
bUseCustomBots=False
MinPlayers=0
MaxPlayers=16
MaxSpecs=2
AdminName=Admin
AdminPass=
GamePass=
bCollectStats=False
bBalanceTeams=True

[xInterface.ExtendedConsole]
ConsoleHotKey=192
PasswordPromptMenu=XInterface.UT2GetPassword
bSpeechMenuUseMouseWheel=True
bSpeechMenuUseLetters=False
SMOriginX=0.01
SMOriginY=0.3
LetterKeys[0]=IK_Q
LetterKeys[1]=IK_W
LetterKeys[2]=IK_E
LetterKeys[3]=IK_R
LetterKeys[4]=IK_A
LetterKeys[5]=IK_S
LetterKeys[6]=IK_D
LetterKeys[7]=IK_F
LetterKeys[8]=IK_Z
LetterKeys[9]=IK_X
MusicManagerClassName=OGGPlayer.UT2OGGMenu

[XInterface.GUIController]
MenuMouseSens=1.25

[XGame.xDeathMatch]
HUDType=XInterface.HudBDeathMatch
MaxLives=15
TimeLimit=10
GoalScore=15
bTeamScoreRound=False
bPlayersMustBeReady=True
bAllowTaunts=True
bForceRespawn=True
bWeaponStay=True

[XGame.xTeamGame]
HUDType=XInterface.HudBTeamDeathMatch
MaxLives=0
TimeLimit=0
GoalScore=60
bTeamScoreRound=False
bPlayersMustBeReady=False
bAllowTaunts=True
FriendlyFireScale=0
MaxTeamSize=16
bForceRespawn=False
bWeaponStay=true

[XGame.xCTFGame]
HUDType=XInterface.HudBCaptureTheFlag
MaxLives=0
TimeLimit=0
GoalScore=0
bTeamScoreRound=False
bAllowTaunts=True
FriendlyFireScale=0
MaxTeamSize=16
bForceRespawn=False
bWeaponStay=true

[XGame.xDoubleDom]
HUDType=XInterface.HudBDoubleDomination
MaxLives=0
TimeLimit=0
GoalScore=3
bTeamScoreRound=False
bAllowTaunts=True
TimeToScore=10
TimeDisabled=10
FriendlyFireScale=0
MaxTeamSize=16
bForceRespawn=False
bWeaponStay=true

[XGame.xBombingRun]
HUDType=XInterface.HudBBombingRun
MaxLives=0
TimeLimit=0
GoalScore=15
bTeamScoreRound=False
bAllowTaunts=True
FriendlyFireScale=0
MaxTeamSize=16
bForceRespawn=False
bWeaponStay=true
ServerBehindNAT=True

[IpDrv.MasterServerLink]
LANPort=11777
LANServerPort=10777
CurrentMasterServer=1
MasterServerPort[0]=28902
MasterServerAddress[0]=ut2003master1.epicgames.com
MasterServerPort[1]=28902
MasterServerAddress[1]=ut2003master2.epicgames.com
MasterServerPort[2]=0
MasterServerAddress[2]=
MasterServerPort[3]=0
MasterServerAddress[3]=
MasterServerPort[4]=0
MasterServerAddress[4]=

[XInterface.MapListDeathMatch]
MapNum=0
Maps=DM-Antalus

[XInterface.MapListTeamDeathMatch]
Maps=DM-Antalus

[XInterface.MapListCaptureTheFlag]
Maps=CTF-Chrome

[XInterface.MapListDoubleDomination]
Maps=DOM-SunTemple

[XInterface.MapListBombingRun]
Maps=BR-Anubis

[xInterface.IRC_System]
ServerHistory=irc.utchat.com

[xInterface.IRC_Page]
MaxChatScrollback=250
IRCTextColor=(R=160,G=160,B=160,A=0)
IRCNickColor=(R=150,G=150,B=255,A=0)
IRCActionColor=(R=230,G=200,B=0,A=0)
IRCInfoColor=(R=130,G=130,B=160,A=0)
IRCLinkColor=(R=255,G=150,B=150,A=0)

[XInterface.ServerBrowser]
MinGamespeed=0
MaxGamespeed=200

[Xinterface.Tab_AudioSettings]
BonusPackInfo[0]=(PackageName="AnnouncerMain.uax",Description="Def ault")
BonusPackInfo[1]=(PackageName="AnnouncerEvil.uax",Description="Evi l")
BonusPackInfo[2]=(PackageName="AnnouncerFemale.uax",Description="F emale")
BonusPackInfo[3]=(PackageName="AnnouncerSexy.uax",Description="Aro used")

[BonusPack.xLastManStandingGame]
DefaultMaxLives=3

[Skaarjpack.Invasion]
DefaultMaxLives=1

[IpDrv.UdpGamespyQuery]
MinNetVer=0
OldQueryPortNumber=7787
bRestartServerOnPortSwap=True

[MapVote400b11.MapVote]
VoteTimeLimit=70
ScoreBoardDelay=10
bAutoOpen=True
MidGameVotePercent=50
MinMapCount=2
RepeatLimit=4
bScoreMode=False
bAccumulationMode=False
bEliminationMode=False
DefaultGameConfig=0
bDefaultToCurrentGameType=True
bKickVote=True
KickPercent=51
bRestartWithLastMap=False
bAnonymousKicking=False
MapVoteHistoryType=MapVote400b11.MapVoteHistory1
MapListLoaderType=MapVote400b11.DefaultMapListLoad er
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch",Prefix=" DM",Acronym="DM",GameName="DeathMatch",Mutators="" ,Options="")
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame",Prefix="DM ",Acronym="TDM",GameName="Team DeathMatch",Mutators="",Options="")
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xDoubleDom",Prefix="D OM",Acronym="DOM",GameName="Double Domination",Mutators="",Options="")
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Prefix="CTF ",Acronym="CTF",GameName="Capture The Flag",Mutators="",Options="")
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xBombingRun",Prefix=" BR",Acronym="BR",GameName="Bombing Run",Mutators="",Options="")

[MapVote400b11.DefaultMapListLoader]
bUseMapList=False
MapNamePrefixes=DM,CTF,DOM,BR
MapListTypeList=XInterface.MapListDeathMatch
MapListTypeList=XInterface.MapListBombingRun

[XAdmin.xMapLists]
GameRecords=(GameType="xGame.xDeathMatch",Active=0 )
GameRecords=(GameType="xGame.xTeamGame",Active=0)
GameRecords=(GameType="xGame.xCTFGame",Active=0)
GameRecords=(GameType="xGame.xDoubleDom",Active=0)
GameRecords=(GameType="xGame.xBombingRun",Active=0 )
GameRecords=(GameType="BonusPack.xMutantGame",Acti ve=0)
GameRecords=(GameType="BonusPack.xLastManStandingG ame",Active=0)
GameRecords=(GameType="SkaarjPack.Invasion",Active =0)
MapRecords=(Current=0,GameType="xGame.xDeathMatch" ,Title="Default DM",Maps=("DM-Antalus","DM-Asbestos","DM-Compressed","DM-Curse3","DM-Flux2","DM-Gael","DM-Inferno","DM-Insidious","DM-Leviathan","DM-Oceanic","DM-Phobos2","DM-Plunge","DM-Serpentine","DM-TokaraForest"))
MapRecords=(Current=0,GameType="xGame.xTeamGame",T itle="Default TDM",Maps=("DM-Antalus","DM-Asbestos","DM-Compressed","DM-Curse3","DM-Flux2","DM-Gael","DM-Inferno","DM-Insidious","DM-Leviathan","DM-Oceanic","DM-Phobos2","DM-Plunge","DM-Serpentine","DM-TokaraForest"))
MapRecords=(Current=0,GameType="xGame.xCTFGame",Ti tle="Default CTF",Maps=("CTF-Chrome","CTF-Citadel","CTF-December","CTF-Face3","CTF-Geothermal","CTF-Lostfaith","CTF-Magma","CTF-Maul","CTF-Orbital2"))
MapRecords=(Current=0,GameType="xGame.xDoubleDom", Title="Default DOM",Maps=("DOM-Core","DOM-OutRigger","DOM-Ruination","DOM-ScorchedEarth","DOM-SepukkuGorge","DOM-Suntemple"))
MapRecords=(Current=0,GameType="xGame.xBombingRun" ,Title="Default BR",Maps=("BR-Anubis","BR-Bifrost","BR-Disclosure","BR-IceFields","BR-Skyline","BR-Slaughterhouse","BR-TwinTombs"))
MapRecords=(Current=0,GameType="BonusPack.xMutantG ame",Title="Default MUT",Maps=("DM-1on1-Crash","DM-1on1-Mixer","DM-Antalus","DM-Asbestos","DM-Compressed","DM-Curse3","DM-Flux2","DM-Gael","DM-Icetomb","DM-Inferno","DM-Injector","DM-Insidious","DM-IronDeity","DM-Leviathan","DM-Oceanic","DM-Phobos2","DM-Plunge","DM-Rustatorium","DM-Serpentine","DM-TokaraForest","DM-TrainingDay"))
MapRecords=(Current=0,GameType="BonusPack.xLastMan StandingGame",Title="Default LMS",Maps=("DM-1on1-Crash","DM-1on1-Mixer","DM-Antalus","DM-Asbestos","DM-Compressed","DM-Curse3","DM-Flux2","DM-Gael","DM-Icetomb","DM-Inferno","DM-Injector","DM-Insidious","DM-IronDeity","DM-Leviathan","DM-Oceanic","DM-Phobos2","DM-Plunge","DM-Rustatorium","DM-Serpentine","DM-TokaraForest","DM-TrainingDay"))
MapRecords=(Current=0,GameType="SkaarjPack.Invasio n",Title="Default TDM0",Maps=("DM-1on1-Crash","DM-1on1-Mixer","DM-Antalus","DM-Asbestos","DM-Compressed","DM-Curse3","DM-Flux2","DM-Gael","DM-Icetomb","DM-Inferno","DM-Injector","DM-Insidious","DM-IronDeity","DM-Leviathan","DM-Oceanic","DM-Phobos2","DM-Plunge","DM-Rustatorium","DM-Serpentine","DM-TokaraForest","DM-TrainingDay"))

[UnrealGame.DMMutator]
bBrightSkins=true

DoUplink=True
UplinkToGamespy=True
SendStats=True
ServerBehindNAT=True
DoLANBroadcast=True
Unread 27th January, 2004, 01:28 PM
Killing Spree

Sorry its soooo long. Just thought that showing the ini would pre-empt the request?

Cheers for any help received.
Unread 27th January, 2004, 07:51 PM
Holy Shit!!

Many DSL/ADSL modems have built-in firewalls that aren't easily user-configurable. Investigate yours and see what you find.
Unread 28th January, 2004, 11:40 AM
Killing Spree

Thanks for the suggestion. The adsl modem I have is the Alcatel Speedtouch (blue ray looking one). It doesn't have a firewall and I have the XP one off and Norton swithced off.

Could it be I need another dedicated server key?