You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - Linux Specific

Unread 18th September, 2006, 11:30 PM
Forum Newcomer

Default Server not showing up on internet list :mad:

Hello everyone,

I already checked the search, and everyones problems seem to be different then the one i have !! Maybe u guys could help. Im a new admin, and it seems like i have everything down and running fine, beside the fact that i don't see the server on the internet section of the server browser...... i am running Linux Debian OS, people can connect to the server VIA ip address. I also was not to sure what to do with the CDKEY. I assumed i entered the CDKEY right when the start up log said connecting to master server approved !! Could sombody please tell me where to place the CDKEY in the right place, to make sure i did it right ??

Thank u guys
Unread 19th September, 2006, 03:06 AM
Holy Shit!!

If you're using a dedicated server the CD Key goes in a file named ${UT2004_INSTALL_PATH}/System/cdkey. I think the retail game installer puts it in the same place during installation (never checked).
If your server is getting approved by the master you're fine.

You may have to wait a few minutes before it shows up though. Also make sure you haven't added any mutators that remove the standard server status. That'll cause it to not show in any client which have the show only standard servers box checked (which is the default setting).
Unread 27th September, 2006, 09:53 PM
Forum Newcomer

i do not have the retail version its a downloaded dedicated that im using !! It does not help that i am learning Linux at the same time i guess ! I dont understand this part : ${UT2004_INSTALL_PATH}/System/cdkey should i save the CDKEY as a text file or do i need to place it in the ut2004.ini Im so lost !
Unread 27th September, 2006, 10:51 PM
Holy Shit!!

Save it as a text file.
Unread 7th January, 2009, 01:10 AM
Forum Newcomer

Hello. I am also having this problem where I am not listed in master list using Ubuntu 8.04 and UT2K4 3369 + ECE Bonus Pack.

I have created actually 2 CD keys because I lost the first one. This is all I can imagine to be the problem, but nothing complained when I created the 2nd one, and it shows that I successfully connect to the master server.

I can add the IP via favorites and it shows up as "unknown" with a ping of "?", however, I can connect to it just fine this way.

Took my firewall completely down for testing and also let the server run over night to see if perhaps it takes time to populate - no change.f

There is one final variable that I must be honest about - my personal local copy of the game is a cracked copy, for now, until I get paid (the server itself is hosted on a dedicated box in a data center and was downloaded from the links provided on this site in the downloads section)...Figured that would be sufficient for testing, but is it possible I'm only seeing servers that have been cracked/patched a certain way? It allowed me to update to 3369 + ECE Bonus Pack, tho...And I see many other games in each game mode. They all allow me to connect/play as long as I want, however, my server will kick me after about 2 minutes, due to bad CD key.

At any rate, any help is highly appreciated! This is a public server being set up as part of the [____Skul`Shock____] community and I think they will really enjoy this game, since the primary games right now are TF2, L4D and HL2DM!!

UPDATE: New development! My server is now showing up with its proper name and ping in my favorites list, but still not in master list!

Another UPDATE: I may have an idea of what to try, as my box is assigned 7 IPs and I have not changed any UT config to tell it what IP to use. I will do some more to hunt down this answer, but feedback is still appreciated! Will let you know if this works for me!

Last edited by regimen : 7th January, 2009 at 01:26 AM. Reason: New Development
Unread 7th January, 2009, 02:18 PM
Holy Shit!!

Don't hijack threads, You have your own already.