You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - Windows Specific

Unread 22nd September, 2002, 03:07 PM
Killing Spree

Has anyone figured out the root cause of this problem. It seems that when clients are looking at the in-game browser, about 1/2 or more of the Game servers are showing up with n/a or ?? in places and the server cannot be connected to.

My server was working fine for the first few days and was full all the time, then this started and no one can get in. So Far I've tried 3 different computers, USB and Ethernet connections, starting from the command line and in-game menu, reloaded the game from scratch, and everything else I could think of...still nothing.

Is it possible that this problem was a result of the new patch (1080)? This problem did seem to coincide with the patch's release.

Is it possible that this problem is a result of Epics ongoing problems with the master servers?

If anyone knows the answer, pleeeease post, There are a lot of people that would like to get their servers working again.

-G
Unread 22nd September, 2002, 04:19 PM
Administrator

Your first 2 possibilitys are most likely
A lot of people complained after hte path of problems ... as they also complain about the master servers
Unread 27th September, 2002, 02:07 AM
Killing Spree

I think it turned out to be my problem unless Epic just happened to fix something in their realm at the same time I worked on my end.

Anyway, I blew out my router firmware, reloaded the latest firmware upgrade, and started over from scratch...all is well now
It seems like my router firewall had built some rules for the incoming connections, and even with the ports opened, some things were not getting through.

I still see players not able to connect with the ICMP port unreachable error, but that seems normal since Epic introduced the network "fix" patch for UT.

-G