You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > UTPure - Client Side Hack Protection > General Anti-Cheat Discussion

Unread 2nd August, 2001, 03:55 PM
Crumple

My clan has a match against this clan on Sat.
One of their players was kicked several times from my server last night. Here is the log script.

ScriptLog: [CSHPs][{XXX2}XXXXXXXX1] Client has logged in @ 1862.3.0.0
ScriptLog: #### -------------------------------- ####
ScriptLog: #### HACKED CLIENT DETECTED ####
ScriptLog: #### - Player Name : {XXX2}XXXXXXXX1
ScriptLog: #### - Player IP :
ScriptLog: #### - Method : UCRC Failure (Unknown Cheat)
ScriptLog: #### - Misc : Engine 436
ScriptLog: #### - Action : Kicked
ScriptLog: #### - TimeStamps : 1864.8.0.0
ScriptLog: #### - Auth. Code : -2001566720
ScriptLog: #### - Date/Time: 8-1-2001 / 17:58:47
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection28 08/01/01 17:58:47

Do you think binding keys like the wave and shock combo could have caused his early exits? I do not want them to get kicked during our match and think I did it! LOL

What should I do if anything?
Thanks,
Crumple
Unread 2nd August, 2001, 04:16 PM
Elvis

My opinion is have installed the latest CSHP authorized by your rules. Make sure the other clan knows about it ahead of time and let them worry about it.
Unread 2nd August, 2001, 07:11 PM
ION Ace

wot version cshp were u using ?
Unread 2nd August, 2001, 07:18 PM
Crumple

I am running CSHP40.

I was told by their clan capt. that several of their players have the shock/combo wave key bind. And that this player definately has the keys bound together. He will warn his players to disable the combo/wave. Maybe this will help stop false positives. I'm certain this player is NOT a cheater. But he did get kicked several times last night for the same CSHP reason.
Unread 3rd August, 2001, 01:19 AM
StoneRain

our opponents in a recent match had fire/wave-binds too but they were not kicked although we were running 49 that time.
Unread 3rd August, 2001, 04:09 AM
DrSiN

I would strongly suspect this is a cheat.

Binds of ANY kind will not trip the UCRC system. This report means that something is different about their "engine.u" from ANY of the known engine.u's.

Of course, the can just reinstall the latest patch and if the problem still exists, it's a cheat.
Unread 3rd August, 2001, 01:49 PM
ION Ace

Could it be they have edited their engine.int ?
I have done that in the past to change a few msgs that are displayed, like instead of connection failed : server is Friggin(NO NEED FOR THAT) full

and so on.

Edited by:Crumple
Unread 3rd August, 2001, 03:53 PM
TriscuiT

Of course, as far as I am concerned, the shock/wave bind *IS* a cheat so if these guys are kicked for it, they deserve it!
Unread 3rd August, 2001, 05:56 PM
I.M.Sparticus

I do not see anything wrong with any bind that a player can make work in game too include the shock/combo wave key bind. Granted Epic could have testes every key bind possibility for the effect on game play, but then the game still might not be released today.

I think the CSHP not addressing key binds of this time is a good thing. I'm sure that it would be a pain to code checks for anyhow.
Unread 3rd August, 2001, 06:51 PM
GAmmAwolf

Well to some degree, I agree and disagree. Like for example the fov zoom, it can be written as a simple raw key bind rather then an alias. Although now most servers do not allow for the full effect. Before it was deemed a cheat, and a fix inacted you could zoom with any weapon, to the full zoom. Some servers even restrict you to the fov you join with. Another example would be epics efforts to not allow for a one click dodge bind or alias, by making the onrelease command not work with some things. Or jumping directly behind someone and with the press of an aliased key doing a set 180 degree turn and firing. As for the shock/wave I just find it annoying that a lot of shots will pass through the individual doing it, without it registering as a hit. So in closing, I must say where as some binds or aliases should not be deemed cheats others can be devistating to game play, and in some cases remove a lot of talent and practice from the equasion altogether.
Unread 3rd August, 2001, 06:54 PM
Crumple

I have to agree with the Wolf.
Plus I hate to see people waving or thrusting me as I am being blown apart. LOL