Mapping Contest: "UT99.org Xmas 2012 Mapping Contest"
There is no prize, this is just a fun contest for bragging rights and pats on the back. The main goal to hopefully
make a bunch of new maps for the UT community, and have some fun while doing it. The real winners of these
contests is the players, because they get some new maps to frag in. The submitted maps will be included in a
map-pack following the contest.
One month, starting Nov.15, 2012 and ending Dec.15, 2012 (plus 5 days grace for final submission)
1. Map is to be based on Epic product maps for any version of UT, and Unreal (because Unreal works in UT). Map can be a conversion with a new theme, or a modified layout, or a mash-up of Epic maps parts, or can be brushed from scratch - as long as map has recognizable Epic Games design elements. A mapper is allowed to submit a map that does not conform to the "Epic" rule - but the map will lose a point in score.
2. DM, MH, CTF game type - Maps must be runnable in ut99 and should be playable online. If map is not one of these types, it will lose a point in score.
3. XMas theme. If map is not xmas theme, that's okay, except it will lose a point in score.
4. Custom content allowed - credits must be included in a maps readme file if there are terms of re-use by original authors. A UT99.org contest banner graphic will be provided, and should appear in the map somewhere.
5. Maps must be submitted by Dec.15, 2012. Maps will be accepted up to Dec.20, but will lose one point from score.
Maps must be named using the prefix "XC" to identify them as contest maps. "XC" stands for "Xmas contest" .
Example map names: MH-XC-YourMapName, CTF-XC-YourMapName, DM-XC-YourMapName
Submitted maps will be scored by judges and given a point score out of 5 for looks, build and gameplay. The maps will also have a voting poll for "best DM", "best CTF", "best MH", and "Best overall" map. The winner of each poll gets one extra point added to the judged map score.
So if you make a perfect popular map, you can get 7 points. Of course, if it sucks really badly and everyone hates it, that would be ZERO
Mappers can submit more than one map if they want to, can be high-poly or low poly if they want, whatever you
can do in one month. The contest ends Dec.15, 2012, but late mappers have until Dec.20 to get their map submitted.
A submission thread will be set up for mapper to include a download link for their contest map.
Contest map should be submitted in a zip or rar archive file. Archive file must contain the map, a screenshot, a readme
text file with any required credits, and any other required packages (utx, umx, uax, u, etc). Packages can be MyLeveled
if you want.
So that's it!
All mappers are welcome. One month is plenty of time to make a good map, so have fun and create some cool maps for the UT community!