You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > UTPure - Client Side Hack Protection > General Anti-Cheat Discussion

Unread 26th November, 2001, 05:04 AM
UsAaR33

(I suppose this isn't off-topic if you consider the fact that this mod will tell what CSHP or UTPure version you need for playback).

Unreal Tournament Demo manager got an upgrade
Pic:

New features:
-Demo Analyzer: This, as you can see in the screenshot, tells what files are required to play, as well as whether they are installed, cached, or missing. You can also see the type of demo and the mapname (with a screenshot ).
-Summary Print-Out: This will write all that data from the analyzer into a TXT file. The TXT file should be included with your demo (I really hope websites that distribute demos start using this!)
-Auto-Recording: A highly requested feature, UDEMO can automatically record a demo whenever the level is changed. And the best part is that you are free to specify the format.
-Multiple demo directory support: Again, highly requested. 'Nuf said.
-All options saved. This should make life much easier
-Some other interface enhancements.

Get this at http://www.usaar33.com/
or if you don't want to see my wonderful website:
http://www.usaar33.com/udemo20.zip

Have fun! And please p1mp this mod for me!

Oh yes, and as this uses DLLs, you need to use Windows (version irrelevent) and have UT version 432 or version 436.

-UsAaR33
Unread 26th November, 2001, 06:17 AM
Larathiel

...I'd buy you a drink. I just saw this bad boy listed at PlanetUnreal and within 2 minutes it was already configured.

How nice it will be to have demos of every match and in somehthing other than my UTSystem directory.

GJ Man
Unread 26th November, 2001, 09:40 AM
UsAaR33

Dr. Detroit at the Infogrames forums reported a bug where renaming would crash UT. I reproduced the bug and was able to correct it.

Everyone, please redownload if you downloaded udemo prior to this post.
(unless you really don't care about renaming )

The new version is now set at 2.01, but the zip file remains the same (other sites link to it).

thank you.
Unread 26th November, 2001, 10:07 AM
Icerider

Thanx for this nice tool, i'm shure many people will appreciate it.
I can remember thousands of posts in our helpforums asking why they can't play demos recorded by others and it was always a pain in the ass to explain how they can find in their logfiles what files they are missing.
Also there were many posts how to change the path where UT puts the .dem-files.
And the autorecording feature is very nice too.

Great tool. Big Thanx!
Unread 26th November, 2001, 05:36 PM
^SA^Numb1

very nice m8!
just installed it,and yay its great.

what will be next? a demo editor?
that would be kewl
Unread 27th November, 2001, 06:23 AM
UsAaR33

Quote:
Originally posted by ^SA^Numb1

what will be next? a demo editor?
har har.
Unread 27th November, 2001, 08:29 AM
Larathiel

Is there any way to make a demo utility for UT to allow pause, rewind, fastforward, slomo and bookmark/loop between bookmarks?

If not, then what exactly is it that prevents this from being feasible because it certainly would be useful.
Unread 27th November, 2001, 08:48 AM
UsAaR33

Quote:
Originally posted by Larathiel
Is there any way to make a demo utility for UT to allow pause, rewind, fastforward, slomo and bookmark/loop between bookmarks?

If not, then what exactly is it that prevents this from being feasible because it certainly would be useful.

First of all rewinding and bookmarking (jumping to frames I guess you mean?) are impossible as demos are simply net packets. The file is identical to what you would receive in a multiplayer game. Now UT works by sending an actor notification when actors spawn. Many times, in cases of rockets, it is cut off upon receive. Now playing backwards is impossible as these "actors" would not be receieved yet. You would never see any projectiles, as the demo can not know that they were there!

As for frame backtracking, I suppose it may be possible. However, there will be at least 5 seconds of screwed up stuff (players blowing up in midair for no reason, etc.)

As for fast forward, slomo, and pause, I did make a custom demo driver that could handle this. However, for some odd reason, it will crash after the demo is played (when UT collects garbage). None have been able to solve this problem
Unread 27th November, 2001, 09:08 AM
Icerider

Quote:
Originally posted by UsAaR33
As for fast forward, slomo, and pause, I did make a custom demo driver that could handle this.  However, for some odd reason, it will crash after the demo is played (when UT collects garbage).  None have been able to solve this problem

Can u please post a Download of this demo driver?
I won't care if UT crashes (doesn't even matter for me if the pc itself crashes) when i can save 15 minutes of my precious time when i only want to see something that happend in the last 5 minutes of an 20 minute match. And i often got to view the same scene twice or more, so it really would save me 30 - 45 minutes.

A fast forward function would be worth the disadvantage of a crash.
I bet many ut-league admins would give away their right hand to get this demo driver.

------------
Some lines edited.
My english is not so good and i don't know if the joke that was there could be misunderstood so i delted it.
------------
Unread 28th November, 2001, 03:27 AM
UsAaR33

Quote:
Originally posted by Icerider

Can u please post a Download of this demo driver?
I won't care if UT crashes (doesn't even matter for me if the pc itself crashes) when i can save 15 minutes of my precious time when i only want to see something that happend in the last 5 minutes of an 20 minute match. And i often got to view the same scene twice or more, so it really would save me 30 - 45 minutes.

A fast forward function would be worth the disadvantage of a crash.
I bet many ut-league admins would give away their right hand to get this demo driver.
------------

Ha, did you read the TXT file? The demo driver is already in udemo.
Of course a little issue comes with actually modifying the speed and pause (I have commented code that can do this). If I get around to it tonight, I'll post a modified udemo that can change speed and pause (note that this will even work in multiplayer games! although net packets still are received and sent so all that occurs is really crappy game play ;p)
Unread 28th November, 2001, 03:37 AM
Larathiel

I would gladly give Icerider's left hand to be able to fastforward past the trashtalk and waiting for people to click. UT crashes aren't a big deal unless they come when I'm in the middle of a match.

As for the backtracking, if I could skip to a particular point in the demo (say 1:30) by issuing a command (mutate demoskip 130) then it wouldn't bother me if the replication was botched for the next 5-10 seconds. A feature such as that (and pause) would allow me to loop over areas of a demo that I need to critique without having to watch it several times as I would now. Even better, if it is a server demo, the ability to still move around in freecam or to toggle between views while paused would be great as I could get a better idea of what is happening at a particular time interval.

Pause, framejump (jump either forward or back) and the ability to change playback speeds would be invaluable tools for which I'd gladly donate Icerider's entire left arm!
Unread 28th November, 2001, 11:05 AM
Icerider

Quote:
Originally posted by UsAaR33
Ha, did you read the TXT file?    The demo driver is already in udemo.

Jepp i have read the .txt, but it seems i didn't read carefull enough:
Quote:
--- Future Possibilities ---
Udemo 1.0 was all about a simple browser of demos.
Udemo 2.0 took the interface further with its analyzer, as well as adding a demo auto-record function and a summary generator.  It is all about information.
Udemo 3.0 will be all about fixes and actual demo enhancements.  What does this mean?
-Demo playback speed controlling and pausing.  As a better of fact, the custom demo driver that does this has already been created.  Unfortunately, it crashes when loading a new map. (open unrealtournament.ini and change demorecordingdevice to udemo.udemodriver to experience this first-hand).  Both Yoda and Mongo (who are working with the unreal warfare engine), highly experienced programmers with unreal, do not know what is going wrong.  I cannot even be sure this will be fixed by 3.0
I got this wrong and thought this driver is sheduled to V3.0, so i didn't read further carefully enough. But as mentioned above english is not my natural language so i didn't got it right the first time and somehow i completely missed the part with the .ini-entry.
My fault, sorry.

So now i tried it out and got the mentioned general protection fault.
But as u already wrote above the speed and pause funktion is not enabled yet. I'm looking forward to your modified udemo-file, thanx for your efforts.

And talking bout body parts: I think me and Larathiel better donate my head than my left arm. It seems i have much more use for my arm than my head cause obviously i don't use this thing on my shoulders very efficient sometimes.
The advantage for all of us is: My head makes a excellent paperweight for your desk plus u can scare away the rats in your cellar with it.
And all i have to do is connecting to the next face (!) server and collect a new one for me, perhaps with a more handsome look or a more efficient brain maybe even both.
Unread 28th November, 2001, 03:23 PM
Larathiel

Hehe.
Unread 29th November, 2001, 06:48 AM
®åkü*

how does it work for server side demos? or do i need to read the .txt again?
Unread 29th November, 2001, 06:57 AM
UsAaR33

Quote:
Originally posted by ®åkü*
how does it work for server side demos?  or do i need to read the .txt again?
It, uh, plays them?
Unread 29th November, 2001, 07:50 AM
®åkü*

i was thinking more like using the auto record for server side demos. would make it eaiser for clan matches
Unread 29th November, 2001, 09:51 AM
Larathiel

UsAaR: Would there be a way for you to code a simple server actor that could be used to start a server demo by an ingame player issuing a filename and password w/out needing to adminlogin?

i.e....

mutate startssd?file=XvsK-Face?pass=somepasswordhere

(password would be useful so that not just anyone could go messing with something this)

Something like that and a matching stopssd command would be really useful.
Unread 29th November, 2001, 09:54 AM
DarkByte

Larathiel,

This is already something i planned for SemiAdmin !
Unread 29th November, 2001, 11:23 AM
Larathiel

/me sets mode +l33t DarkByte

Can't wait.
Unread 29th November, 2001, 07:20 PM
Grave

pretty kool
yes, the server actor that would autostart demorecording for each played map would be nice (esp for lan parties/tournaments/duel ladders)
some ideas:
-demo file name - have i missed the "year" attrib or its not implemented?
-add more flags to naming, like auto recognize player names (useful for duels/duel server setup with currently fictional "autorec" ) e.g. "player1" and "player2" flags
probably more complicated for clan matches in team games (could be done by "filtering/patternsearch" since most clans use clan tags - check player names for exact patterns and use these patterns as "team1" "team2" flags
-serverside demos - why its not possible to play them from 1st person view?
-serverside: save demo to specific (custom) folder (e.g. for ftp server to allow people download autodemos before they "expire" from the folder)
-also i couldnt play any demo when i moved them to custom folder (and the folder was specified in paths, demos were available in selection box, but didnt started playing. only when i played them from inside the system folder
-is the inavailability of player pings/etc in 3rdpersonview by design? (only in 1stpersonview? also what about inavailability of weapons in 1stpersonview)

-question since you seem to be knowledgeable about demos
is it possible to redirect/convert the running demo stream to media file? (e.g. avi container, or maybe just dump screenshots at specified framerate?)
afaik its still a big pain to create movies from the demos, mostly using some half-assed "methods"