You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > UTPure - Client Side Hack Protection > General Anti-Cheat Discussion

Unread 17th December, 2001, 06:10 PM
Grave

is it the same as in cshp? (aka none/strict/loose)
i thought strict means "don not allow other fov than default 90/or always reset fov to 90" and not "hold the FOV you had when you entered"
is it possible to add such a setting to prevent other fov than default?
also "centerview" i would like to have an option to completely disable centerview on my server
Unread 17th December, 2001, 06:30 PM
DarkByte

Actually, the code is the same as in CSHP with a little adjustement. In CSHP, if you joined with FOV 20, you'd be FOV 20 all the game. With UTPure, if you join with FOV 20, you're reset to FOV 90 but if your FOV is 80+, i dont reset it, just hold it.

This is based on the assumption that FOV 80+ is legal (that's how the original EPIC code works)
Unread 18th December, 2001, 07:23 AM
Icerider

Maybe the above mentioned FOV detection and a problem that a clanmate of mine has with the sniperzoom are connected:
When he uses the sniper in zoommode, runs out of ammo and so automaticaly switches to another weapon (i.e. minigun) his FOV still is in zoom mode with the minigun and he has no cance to get back to normal FOV until he finds some sniper ammo, switches to sniper and disables the zoom.
U shure can imagine how it sucks to play the whole time with FOV 30 especially when weaponhand is not hidden.

Anyone here with the same problems, or a clue how to fix this?

I advised him to make a binding with "fov 90" and try this command to get out of the zoom mode when he has another weapon than sniper. Hope this works but maybe someone who had the same probs can provide ab better solution here.
I for my self never expirienced a problem like that.
Unread 18th December, 2001, 07:35 AM
DarkByte

I'll try it here just to be on the safe side.
Unread 18th December, 2001, 09:52 PM
Grave

thanx for explanation, any chance adding third variable for "90" fov exclusively?
so it will reset any other fov (lower/higher) except for sniperzoom
i know there are people using 80 or 120 fov, nothing against their preference but i dont want them on my server
what about that "bSnapLevel" variable? (aka centerview)
(like 0/1/2 where 0-donothing, 1-snap higher than headshot level (and possibly offset randomly to left/right), 2-disable snap

btw, in noticed kinda strange behaviour when i join my server with utpurerc3, for a couple of seconds my ping starts creeping up to thousands and then it resets to normal ping, happens only when i dont move, if i start moving imediately, it goes away/or doesnt appear
-heh i though (not exactly, but found the idea funny ) it was a hidden anti-camper measure, like if you dont move for preset time, your ping starts creeping up
Unread 18th December, 2001, 11:46 PM
Funeral-Dancer

I use fov 130, and I really hope you don't force me to use fov 90. Higher fov's is a even trade IMHO. the higher it goes the more you see on the side, but things seem smaller farther away. thus harder to hit. Now I do have a bind that messes w/ the rifle. you know when you zoom w/ the rifle you get that big ugly ass green x-hair. Well i made a bind so that instead of zooming it just switches my fov to 85 (it's like zooming to me since i'm used to 130). I don't see how this could be considered a cheat at all. Since epic lets you do this anyhow. Besides alot of ppl use 100, 105, 95. ect... It really would not be fair to make them switch.
Unread 20th December, 2001, 07:20 AM
Grave

well i would use it only on my own server where i play mostly with my oldschool buddies. the different fov gives you an advantage over the default fov users and we prefer fair and even games
i consider any fov different than default (90) an exploit in same category as nosmoke/etc.