You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - General Chat

Unread 19th July, 2008, 05:40 PM
Killing Spree

Default Aimbot used by MANY players but undetectable

I'm a new admin...

I have been running an instagibctf server for just over two months and have learned a lot from reading these forums.

There is what seems to be a widespread problem with players using a hack that i would like to specify by name, but I don't want more people to find out how to get this hack.

If any of you know about this and/or have ideas about what to do about it, please comment. I would specifically like to know what "aimangle=true" does and how I can avoid these type of cheaters, if I should at all.

This aimbot passes my antitcc118h checks. I suspect that MANY players use it, and I don't know what to do about it because I can't detect it, and so I would not know who to ban. Players use it with the autoaim and radar features TURNED OFF but with a feature turned on that allows more hit points than would normally be allowed. Here is the details:

A player on my server said he uses a "ping corrector" that I should try, so he sends it to me. I check it out; to my surprise it is an aimbot with a .dll .ini and .exe that you run before running the game. By default, it seems to either allow you hit points if you are very close in aim but not dead on or to not have to lead you shots. It looks like it allows you to turn on autoaim, autofire, and radar as some of its features. Here is the .ini with its default settings:

[cT.Aim]
Aimbot = false
Headshot = false
AutoFire = false
AimAngle = true
Angle = 40
FrendlyFire = false

[cT.Radar]
3D Radar = 0
2D Radar = false
2D Radar Distance = 60
Healthbars = false

[cT.Hacks]
Wallhack = 0
Glowhack = false

[cT.Misc]
Crosshair = false
Self Info = false

[cT.Sensitivity]
MouseSensitivity = 2.50
Unread 19th July, 2008, 07:44 PM
Unstoppable

There is not much one can do about such hacks.

The only chance to detect it is by checking Prefetch files (done by AntiTCC/SafeGame) or to use my ScreenshotSender and hope that something appears on the screenshots.

A multifunctional UT2004 mutator: Clan Manager 1h 6T (Updated 04.07.09)
(Clanmember-/Admin-enter-messages, Clantag-Protection, Clanchat, Player-Logging, AFK-Detector, WhoIs, "second" private server to keep non-clanmembers out and much more.) Source included.

Check client screenshots for cheats (an UT2004-Mutator): Screenshot Sender (Updated: 27.11.08)
Unread 22nd July, 2008, 10:09 PM
Killing Spree

Thanks Mc.Gugi.

Unfortunately, there would be nothing to catch on a client's screen with the setup of the above hack, although I think your ScreenshotSender mutator is brilliant! Nicely Done!!

Anybody else out there recognize this hack? I have never previously downloaded a hack. This is the first one, and I was "tricked" into checking it out because of the description given to me as a simple "ping corrector". I am only assuming that aimangle=true somehow widens the area around a player that would register a "hit" when shot into, which would make it less necessary to be accurate or, with high ping, lead hitscan shots.

The person that sent this to me has a much easier time at making long distance shots on the first try than most very good players (no zoom on my server).

Anyone recognize this hack and/or know what aimangle is?

thanks
Unread 23rd July, 2008, 11:26 AM
out of order

My guess would be that aim angle restricts the snap-on aiming to a certain view angle. This prevents the obvious turn-around headshots.
Unread 23rd July, 2008, 11:44 AM
Holy Shit!!

Wormbo is probably right. If you have the hack is it an executable or unrealscript ?

And that's probably why UTIII was a relative flop. New game, same sh*thead players ^^.
Unread 23rd July, 2008, 02:44 PM
out of order

AFAIK the cT hack is external.
Unread 23rd July, 2008, 06:13 PM
Unstoppable

It is completely external.
And this would also be my guess (with the aim-angle).

A multifunctional UT2004 mutator: Clan Manager 1h 6T (Updated 04.07.09)
(Clanmember-/Admin-enter-messages, Clantag-Protection, Clanchat, Player-Logging, AFK-Detector, WhoIs, "second" private server to keep non-clanmembers out and much more.) Source included.

Check client screenshots for cheats (an UT2004-Mutator): Screenshot Sender (Updated: 27.11.08)
Unread 23rd July, 2008, 07:36 PM
Killing Spree

Ya, it is an executable -- external. I don't know how it gives an advantage with its default settings in the .ini, but whatever it does with these settings, it can't be caught; I suppose.

BTW, Wormbo.... much thanks to you for the work you've done with antitcc! Epic should pay you huge royalties!!