You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament > UT Server - Windows Specific

Unread 27th January, 2005, 12:54 AM
Holy Shit!!

Default aka v2

i am using aka v2.0 with my servers - where this server actor will log all ips to nicknames. ie if someone came on with the name Player1 at one time and Player2 another and i was to ask the aka mutator, who is Player1 - it would tell me all of Player1s alternate nicknames (ie Player2) plus if im an admin it will tell me the ip linked to those names.

i wish to modify this so that it secures some identities for some ips.

take myself for example - if i wish to use my real nick - LittleHorn - it will log me as LittleHorn to my ip - and if i change my name to anything else - people will know its me as i allow the "mutate aka list" command (which allows the listing of all player names). so it will show LameNickHere is LittleHorn who has also used these other LameNicks:...

however i wish for some of my clients to have two identities. One of them we can call the Real Nick and the other a Fake Nick.

If a player came on with RealNick and i did "mutate aka list" i would NOT want it to show RealNick = FakeNick. Similarly if that player came on with FakeNick i do not want to see FakeNick = RealNick. However if that player came on with LameNick and i did mutate aka list i WOULD want it to show LameNick 1 / 2 / 3... = RealNick. so basically FakeNick is isolated and is not linked to any other nicknames but RealNick is linked to all the other nicks (LameNicks)

if you get what i mean?

so that way a clients ip is matched twice, seperately and the actor will act differently depending on which nick that client with that ip uses.

so basically i am requesting a coder to edit aka so that it works in this manner. is anyone up for the challenge?
Unread 27th January, 2005, 02:04 AM
Unstoppable

You want some players to have two identities , "spys? to observe something?"
What is the point of all players seeing evryones aliases?
Unread 27th January, 2005, 02:47 PM
Holy Shit!!

i hate nicklamers and i get a lot of them - also so-called "friends" use different identities to play eachother so if they lose they dont say a thing but if they win then that have got one over on their m8s - big ego battles etc etc - v immature.

i want the identities of admins for example to sometimes be hidden - just a section in the config file which it can read and do what i explained for certain situations.

simply a section [akav2.hiddenids] where i can put ip:realnick,othernicks:fakenick

as opposed to the section in the config where it shows ip:First used nick,othernick1,othernick2... etc etc

Last edited by LittleHorn : 27th January, 2005 at 02:50 PM.
Unread 29th January, 2005, 06:06 AM
Forum Newcomer

I posted a question asking what you are looking for on my forums.

http://www.catchersctf.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=964