You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > Wormbos Area > General Chat

Unread 21st September, 2009, 11:58 AM
Holy Shit!!

If you need a log for every single match played on your server change bSimpleLogMode=True to bSimpleLogMode=False. Or you could use a mutator like ServerExt.

bLogClientPackages and bLogClientClasses will generate a lot of information which will most likely not be useful, so unless you're a masochist and/or you have scripts to help you parse antitcc's log files, I would recommend turning these off.

I'd also recommend changing your server's password.
Unread 21st September, 2009, 07:54 PM
out of order

Those additional entries seem to be fake players that somehow got into the scoreboard. Maybe I missed some filtering criteria.
Unread 22nd September, 2009, 05:32 PM
Forum Newcomer

Cool

First, thanks both for the anwsers

i already changed the bSimpleLogMode setting but didn't see any thing yet.

The password was changed the day we had these players, just for our training,it was a new password, never used before. I guess they use a port to access the server, not like a ''normal'' joining...

we didn't see these ''players' ingame indeed. Our main concern is that this leak in the security of our server allow them to do bad things on the settings or on the files and/or compromise our server where we play officials cup matches. So i really hope someone will be able to help us fix this...
Unread 24th September, 2009, 05:21 PM
out of order

It's no security issue. These are not real players connected to the server, but actually fake players that only exist clientsidely to confuse cheats. Some of these appear to be logged in as admins, which is also a counter-measure against certain cheats that disable themselves or disconnect the player if an admin enters the game.
Unread 25th September, 2009, 05:31 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
Some of these appear to be logged in as admins, which is also a counter-measure against certain cheats that disable themselves or disconnect the player if an admin enters the game.
Shouldn't that already be the case with the spectating admin faker?
Unread 25th September, 2009, 06:36 PM
out of order

Sure, but that one is there all the time. Starting with the next version, the fake players will spawn and leave again after a while.
Unread 26th September, 2009, 12:38 PM
Forum Newcomer

ok, at first i didn't get it when you said "fake players' now i get it ^^

i got worry because some weeks before i found this :
[2009-09-06 17:29:19] - [INSECURE CLIENT] xxx [ xxxxxxxxxfdbbb5766d23b20xxxxxxxx ] IP: / Security ID: 1 using v3369, security state: CheckClientClasses
[2009-09-06 17:29:19] - Anti TCC integrity violation: Player slot exploit detected
[2009-09-06 17:29:20] - [Disconnect] (...)
so i thought there was a link between the 2 things. But if you say those admin in the screen are tcc fakes, i guess there is nothing to worry about.

Thanks for the help.
Unread 26th September, 2009, 06:00 PM
out of order

Fake players (an Anti TCC feature) and the various player/spectator slot exploits are completely different things.
Slot exploits are hacks that manipulate the number of player and spectator slots on your server.
Unread 27th September, 2009, 05:25 PM
Killing Spree

I'm running a server with the new r5 and the weapons installed on this server are, sniper rifle, trans and the ut99 deemer, but it seems to be picking up the shock rilfe explosion noise every few minutes are so that you can hear through the whole map, also getting a glowing light that randomly appears and disappears. I never got this in the r4, is there a way i could turn this off ?

Last edited by »SZO«Moo : 27th September, 2009 at 05:32 PM.
Unread 27th September, 2009, 05:33 PM
Holy Shit!!

A purple glowing light? Turn dynamic lights off (so you don't seem it) or turn fake players off (so it doesn't appear). Wormbo will confirm, but either should work.
Unread 28th September, 2009, 10:34 PM
Killing Spree

Ya it just looks like a spot light that appears in random areas and theses things never happened in the r4 release.
Unread 31st October, 2009, 11:53 PM
Forum Newcomer

Small issue, turning fake players off doesn't do anything, they are still generated regardless of the setting.
Unread 1st November, 2009, 01:05 AM
out of order

Oh, heh. Will look into that.
Unread 5th November, 2009, 03:57 PM
Killing Spree

Did a search in here for this, but came up with nothing, so;

We have several people that play on Macs. All of them seem to have big delays with AntiTCC. Gametype is Freon, and a lot of them sit inactive well after the game has begun; in fact, an occasional one has gotten kicked for camping before they even actually start playing. Typically, they are all frozen before they have the ability to even play.

Is this something that is a know limitation of the Mac/AntiTCC marriage ?
Unread 5th November, 2009, 07:34 PM
out of order

There seem to be quite some Linux players, but hardly any on a Mac. Apart from issues with QuickMD5 checks that were fixed in the game long ago, I have never really seen or heard anything from Mac players. If there are really issues that huge, why didn't anyone come here and report them before?

In short: Due to lack of feedback I always had to assume Anti TCC works on Macs just as it works on Win/Linux. I have absolutely no information, so please fill me in as detailed as possible, please.
Unread 5th November, 2009, 11:53 PM
Forum Newcomer

We have several people that play on Macs also. They are always the last to enter a match. Even with AntiTCC off, they are still last to enter. AntiTCC just adds to the wait while the checks are being completed.

There has to be a commercial in there somewhere.
Unread 18th November, 2009, 04:45 PM
Killing Spree

Quote:
There seem to be quite some Linux players, but hardly any on a Mac. Apart from issues with QuickMD5 checks that were fixed in the game long ago, I have never really seen or heard anything from Mac players. If there are really issues that huge, why didn't anyone come here and report them before?

In short: Due to lack of feedback I always had to assume Anti TCC works on Macs just as it works on Win/Linux. I have absolutely no information, so please fill me in as detailed as possible, please.
I can probably get some more particulars but at the moment don't know them, or really what kind of information might be pertinent here for you.

Since I'm involved with the Omni ONS server as well there is a natural comparison. The player that plays on both servers "lags" for about 2-4 seconds at round start on ONS, and about 10 seconds on Freon. Both Omni and HoC are at the current latest version of AntiTCC. Omni runs standard mutes only.

HoC is running (besides 3spn) UT2Vote59 and two custom mutators (Optimus P-Fats thaw protection and kill mutes).

I'm not sure what other kind of info I can provide, if you wanna PM me with stuff I can dig up for you, please do so.

thanks Wormbo.

[edit]

Here is description of problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Dach5und
Freon Startup is kinda unique.... here's the best description I can give...

Map loads - map loading screen is up - sometimes hear announcer briefly...

Map appears - Animation begins in background (I see other player movement/shooting) Queen startup song plays intro. "Click to join match" will sometimes show if I am not active yet - like a newly uploaded map - Click Mouse - 1-2 second lockup... whole beginning is kinda jittery.

"Agree / Disagree vote Menu appears - Click "Agree"

Game appears to start - may / may not see weapon in hand yet - "House of Carpe" logo animation floats to top of screen VERY stuttery - I can count 10 Seconds every time before I can actually interact with the game - may be already frozen in 2nd round by then. (Begin TCC Check?)

(A couple times I have hit movement buttons blindly and appeared to have dodged attacks when my screen resumes healthy animation. I don't dare shoot 'cuz 90% of the time I'm facing a wall.)

At Mid game TCC check - couple rounds into the game I get Frozen - see myself in 3rd person view - game literally freezes for 10 whole seconds - I've timed that one on my watch a dozen times. When the game un-freezes my camera view is usually different and my player is around 15% to 23% defrosted.

End of game TCC - If I am frozen; camera (and whole game) freezes in 3rd person view for 10 seconds - snaps out of it into the Vote Menu - If my team wins; the Vote menu immediately pops up; THEN it freezes for 10 seconds.

Last edited by Carpe Diem : 18th November, 2009 at 09:04 PM.
Unread 24th November, 2009, 06:55 PM
Rampage

Quote:
Slot exploits are hacks that manipulate the number of player and spectator slots on your server.
Hi again
Found this a little while ago and was wondering if it could be a false positive?
Could this be caused by a poor connection, e.g. high ping and heavy packet loss etc?

Code:
[2009-11-16 20:06:56] - [INSECURE CLIENT] ****** [ ****** ] IP: ****** Security ID: 9 using v3369, security state: PerformingMD5Checks
[2009-11-16 20:06:56] -      Anti TCC integrity violation: Player slot exploit detected
[2009-11-16 20:06:57] - [INSECURE CLIENT] ****** [ ****** ] IP: ****** Security ID: 9 using v3369, security state: RequestClientPackages
[2009-11-16 20:06:57] -      Anti TCC integrity violation: Player slot exploit detected
[2009-11-16 20:06:57] - [INSECURE CLIENT] ****** [ ****** ] IP: ****** Security ID: 9 using v3369, security state: RequestClientPackages
[2009-11-16 20:06:57] -      Anti TCC integrity violation: Player slot exploit detected
Thanks!
Unread 24th November, 2009, 07:22 PM
out of order

No, I don't think so.

Carpe Diem:
That sounds like the Mac UT2004 port is quite slow in general. The checks performed at startup and again during mid/end-game check are quite heavy for PCs already, but that description sounds like the Mac version has extremely poor UnrealScript performance.
Or maybe it's just the GetReferencers() function. That one is the main reason the mid-game checks freeze the game for a moment. I guess a god test for that would be the console command "obj refsw class=class name=canvas" executed at the main menu right after starting UT2004. On my laptop that one completes almost immediately, filling the console with lots of data. If that command takes much longer on the Mac, then that's the reason for the freezing and I won't be able to do anything about it. Also, Anti TCC performs a garmage collector run during the initial checks. The console command "obj garbage" can do that at any time, so testing its execution speed could give another hint. Garbage collection makes excessive use of referencer checks, so it's somewhat related to GetReferencers().

Last edited by Wormbo : 24th November, 2009 at 07:46 PM.
Unread 27th November, 2009, 09:29 PM
Killing Spree

Quote:
That sounds like the Mac UT2004 port is quite slow in general.....
My biggest problem is that I am not a Mac user so I can't do testing myself, instead relying on "general" information provided to me (ie, bitching from players ). So I'm trying to organize them and gather information that might help. Apologies for incomplete or sketchy info, I'm trying...

Since I also admin at Omni I have another server setup to reference things to; apparently the Mac players do not have an issue (or not as much) there. Besides 3SPN (Freon) the other "dominant" mut running at HoC and not at Omni is UT2Vote59. Is it possible there is an "interaction" issue between AntiTCC and those mutators ? I have compared the AntiTCC settings in the two ini's and they are pretty much identical (only real "important" exception might be mid-game and end-of-game checks, done on HoC , not on Omni).

thanks Wormy