You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > UTPure - Client Side Hack Protection > General Anti-Cheat Discussion

Unread 10th August, 2002, 02:29 PM
TNSe

Stickied this so that the rest of the frustrated MAC users can find peace in mind.

This problem has existed for a long time for MAC users, but seems to have gone really bad in the last couple of versions of Pure, but luckily, manually installing the files and deleting them from cache seems to help everyone. This makes us believe that the problem is not with Pure, but rather with the conversion of UT to MAC.

Anyway, sorry to all of those who got heightened bloodpressure and stuff, it really isn't our intention to close you out of UT. And that goes to Japan as well. We do not deny Japan or MAC UT
Unread 10th August, 2002, 07:07 PM
Elvis

TNSe, perhaps you can issue instructions into the readme file for manual installation, such as what files are necessary and where to put them. Also, warn against modifying the UT.ini file as is needed for servers.
Unread 10th August, 2002, 07:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks, it works finally. You are the man, no you are the man, no really you ARE the man.
No problems, glad to have helped.

Quote:
TNSe, perhaps you can issue instructions into the readme file for manual installation, such as what files are necessary and where to put them. Also, warn against modifying the UT.ini file as is needed for servers.
I'm going to add a small readme.txt to the zip file I created and I will also update the file when any new releases of Pure are issued.

Phoenix Alliance - The Movie
Revisionistic Movie
The Unreal Admins Page - the resource for unreal admins
Unread 10th August, 2002, 11:33 PM
dougy_n

When i downloaded ur mac file this is what hapended it was an intrnet explorer document called modules.php i opened it and up pops my browser. then this ( the following code is not even an 8 th of what actually showed up)
shows up!
PK p? -Cache/PKűñ,Íf"ÏéÑñ3*Cache/FCF70A6011D696AF1000C2A34E0C0BA7.uxx”[;s$ÉVîÑöû9ÒÌÎpoƵˆ¸ÆÌîw-ú¡nioKjº[w?¥ª+[]«êÊ?’z=~ƒ?‰?8›À!ŸÀÇÁ�*œ<'ÕÒ?c wºª<sum><sum>2Ïã;ß9'õö;}Z*•^ÁÿõY©� �›ï?åR)üÏW¥ß>*•ò{UúãæÿÏß‡å¿ ÿÍ?–^ÿm«}ùS<caron>Ç�*øÊ¥ŒEéu?VîMDv± ïÇáv’È|Wz]ª•ê‡ 8ÏÄV]´oúg^D"ùêI�*¨e"›W?¶Ø§<¬;?ï˜ïOòì ,ÌÔèæmfb)z<caron>è<sum>=‹1/4‡<?ã03/4S7ºÃ(qv!ÒÔ»S¯—8f”¯îiuµ¥ã«#áŸh� �çq˜-e¢.z‘-îÃø4[˜Ï~ìÖ3‡reÒ¬åÎÓÓB$"Á?ÓWçá�*Æ,»<s <caron>^9Ÿ+?E3k»7?�*?å‚ÖÓda-¶ãÄ?'ó??è<î‡ôô¥+"±ÊDpâÉîù� �H/v!ó8 § ÃÅÖ¬âú÷N+t7¬&ù’îODs<caron>å??R3Üx™ Y?ƒ‘zcu”Ê)}ªÜ�*ùÑ.1/2-°b]æ‰Ñaoù(D1/4”î—é‰÷™/ß�*q �*ã‚ÄYYÑ1/2ßø&ßîŒ4ÕÕôZ<caron>¯êÃDx 9uÑRs‰•##›)ïÿúBÄ?úYÉ�*NLi2´®Ûè~A� ��-1/2{QX�*+‹flV?ûWZr5mVCSÏIWø3/4HÜ?¨)]»Q‡‰‘1/2?x·[}O?qü¨>'4¢x«{Ø%],<sum>Ä[óÎêÊ.x]Jû¿ éÜs‘?‹”RÕ£ßãÉP–›Oª´ëç‹fiZ(� �‘·ÕÎús<caron>_(,3/4g|ÖZ¬Òxq^¡¥]ï^1/29á]<ÂE´5µ‚QŒŒfìÃùÁ5MvL¥? Ç€*S) |*¸Dû&ê€?î˜u¶öŒÕ7nÂU&“1/2vaü™tê¨v?'‡ÊÎÊ<sum>ŸÉ?q¬Z<caron>¶¯ G«™Øõë(ƒ?Úò¬6ȇ2Ê·d)Õ¥—ó”ê� ��¿K{Ä ÉPa8ú‹Á~m .`??|Ôï>‹«A"é3 Z¡�*A€™(1¢z}«Mº[›,s<caron>o⥴KøLÀ;z<caron>1/4–ÊÖ3Aã+0ëGÇv)5hé_8ÃÆæå/o'cP}¶Ú°�*Â-Ps”isú«UxñÓÖËÑB/rvÀs<caron>ꌥ̛µ?upô;ÜZ<caron>sõ~¸iL� �==ap£ßwy1/4?ø›ûôó‘ܧæÕë?fi–‹<ÊBʇH-¨ÜÂXúxŒ[Ñç§w΄|јù€6‰Aœ#%?t&‡ßz‹R„wÏ DØz<caron>yI*®vY(�*Dg"Ú™‰®ÏGb�*Áld6Êÿ! ±t‰&Œ#??�*ö•.1/2;OÇ1/21FÁ;[n’<¥™¸üqÒ—flÎ:غ™ÎnÁrÁlÍfl€3� ��*ûéÊ謪tȶ%??Ç÷)B:QEYH[°?Ë;{1BÇaT©?,wg2Ílãl�*äÇ°ñÈÆûÃ÷´( 6s<caron>£S<caron>fi©c?aßiøU!Ç…È1/4Èv£?�*)8¡eÑ7ÈWŒ(+£?'¨,d’Y”¥¶N“ƒ ‡'ï72‰”µƒ8DflÚ&R°?ˆäÑBLËwÑ�*s<car on>!üé)™1/4»ß?æb+31—ôv?1 … Î4¶kc^ÍÂw?ª«~V´§•_S :�*‹3?Æ?nöp7ß]&k ·-?kN€?s<caron>°›f|û�*X�*jœhÎTÃu2T¶ùèp� �S<caron>áºUËsË`#$ z<caron>¢3z:Ñ?Å–ÔÖ¥f-t)<&ˆhk ©¨bÜ·YÔy�*Ÿˆ$Iºu}> }‡sÚ?̬û�*å‹-á&?‹�*ru?aØh+-æ»T›m #+#L´ûhïj^«^ñ4?GS0Œ1/27°u1ÜÅØR¨cøêÊD¢ ‚'‡Jw1/4$·co%lº3¡<ÂflPä?Ì�*¬"; ëë�*ZâOr¯Ï1/4‘™qå�*ÌIîD¶ÕR¯"ïfi?‡YÑzH#‹; Ô;ACø!;œëØ?«z<caron>Ú(?vHܸ<ã?Ò¨+{ºf� �6y™+5œh± EÄb ¢À1/4œAÊ3rêÚSÂ@ûZ<?t6‘Úë®I·x䣱Ùê0:l Üdm{QhFRN¶ÔĪ2“’]S<caron>"Qj1/4�*z ÓÔú]å:e<sum>ÑÄøb?€{s<caron>%rÏÖÃ4å™ê`,Y� �7¯8?¥r’„LÃ/a?(1/4K»1/4ñ0[-ßôQìP=EÆQÙ–ªÔúY?C?"ç?z£õ©1/4›r ÔÔdxêÚÉédJ«´Ûjß—9«�*2‹4<sum>‚)&-ùB>€Nœ¯¶& DñA$%û$Ê›#WºID õÙ¢DÑl®ÙŸ®1/4d¥•_?rMLÛœåh�*/51e?Z<caron>RJ6¢�*ÿ�*�*v: xzb&á?Ì¥.jæè?u‡K‘-Åv'/Ùs�*ÚÀW?1/2Tñ›Ÿ8$¢[ÑfiD!ÅRGaS<caron>i–È?H<sum>?©M¥£�*“|XXt KÍ”òI–ˇZ<caron>A)ƒ?˜‘©�*8«; mP –HZ·$g"?]¥s<caron>cØQs/sC:+?~ 6Tî¥ÌÂ51/2ï÷£Go&‰?…¥œ– k›ErÚø%‹.ö¬8?/MΑ?PWJmÈ@ÖÖ3/4Ï�*3L€Ü ©‡ Èl&d3~ÙŒ|$�*^?™°ñ|_ !-Åÿ<ñÕ,h-VI¸ËX-wT!Ëô§:4Ééz-J—•??ܸyãE‡/ãÀ‹RˆqPö‰S9ÀÀÈ…?¯'9(ï|-<sum>“Ï?=Å‘¬@“0µ,´›Ì€|FRÄ$3/4bz<caron>Œ¶bÑ&ŸP$4S›n/ö�*8z<caron>€se4.81/4F*y(«îM˜Êä °ôaU¸ŸTB&Z�*Mß rïƃÀÆhÖ #æǡá/ùS zf©™�*=gE”Aé›eü&0Œ$ö¶ÌQÿÆáãºK� �Í…[Ÿ/î=/ùfi…Á¢!Ê™ön•G8„¿=•^ @… <sum>Ã9’å?/…ÉßÑ×y–o1/2¸(û?iqÈhv±(nüoqÍÈ®�*'öî ;8 ?-ã`€óè1/2}Äèë|ñYaIZ<caron>�*Çb{¸]’Qz<caron>$zòχ?‹Ë�*ÛoåcáÆ{;ó31¶û� �<ùZ<caron>ô6Qæøzµ??ÍÏ9a…ùtifèÅ?(‘ï ϯ?Ó

Plz Tell Me WTF ! happended i have seen Shaka's Post and i was hope ful today is the 8 th and i am gearing up for a good long seession of UT.
Plz Help Understand i have no intention of Malice but i am very frustrated.
Unread 10th August, 2002, 11:36 PM
dougy_n

The message above s for Azazel
Unread 11th August, 2002, 12:05 AM
Recoil

Dougy, that happened to me too. Open up Stuffit Expander then go File>Open>modules.php. This will expand the file to a folder which holds the keys to UT freedom again.
Unread 11th August, 2002, 01:20 AM
Administrator

I apologise dougy_n I have no idea why that happens
Unfortunately though I don't have a Macintosh to test these things so this is the first I've heard about it.

modules.php should do nothing more than redirect you to where the download is so I have no idea why it isn't working unless its because it is a zip file.

If its this then I've made 2 versions .. a "Linux" version which is a ZIP file and a Mac version which is a SIT file.
I'm hoping that because the Mac version is now a SIT file it will let you download it properly.

Could you please try again?
If it doesn't work this time then I will post a direct link to the file (I only use the modules.php so that it counts how many downloads have been done of the file)

Revisionistic Movie
Unread 11th August, 2002, 02:01 AM
Recoil

Azazel, actually man, it is a sit file. Sometimes MS Explorer wants to be a dick about it and won't identify it as a sit. Dougy_n just needs to open stuffit expander and open the file through that program.
Unread 11th August, 2002, 12:28 PM
Administrator

When dougy first tried it was a zip file so I didn't know whether that was causing problems.

As most Mac users use stuffit (I think) I made a SIT file as well
Hope its solved the problem though!

Revisionistic Movie
Unread 11th August, 2002, 03:59 PM
dougy_n

I used netscape communicator, got the zip file and whala! there i was i followed your read me's directons but hwen i got int the game and was ready to frag my smile quickly becme an angry snarl. When i joined the game UT Pure, the master of all that is right ( I do have a right to be pissed i have not been able to connenct for almost 4 weeks to my favorite server) avter valdating me and discrimainating me as a Macie UT PURE has detected an impurity hiding in my client ID# 70945. So in tsead of picking up my computer and teaching a Mac how to fly, I decided to come here and say... I RESPECT THE CSHP TEAM BUT I THINK THAT THEY SHOULD START WORKING ON THE PROBLEM AND KICK DEVELOPERS ASS FOR F*CKING UP THE UT PURE THING. ID 70945 HAS TORMENTED ME FOR FAR TO LONG. YOU SEE I DIDN'T EVEN NEED TO LOOK AT THE SHEET THAT I HAD WRITTEN IT ON, I HAE SEEN OVER 109 TIMES!!

By the way Azazel is there somthing i am missing here? I followed the read me dropped the files into my system and said OKAY to replace them and then deleted the others from my cache dropped theos in and the above story explains it all.) By the way i am getting high blood preassure from this and i have a physical tommorow so this is not good ffor my health

SO AS YOU CAN IMGINE I AM KINDA PISSED. PLEASE HELP ME ONCE I AGIN I AM NOT BEING MEAN BUT 4 WEEKS OF NO FRAGGIN EXCEPT WITH BOTS IS ABSURD! GOD F*CKING D*MNIT!
Unread 11th August, 2002, 04:03 PM
Administrator

What version of UTPure is the server that you are connecting to using?

Revisionistic Movie
Unread 11th August, 2002, 04:03 PM
dougy_n

I am still catchting my breath form that one.

And dont say i cussed ass is not a cuss it is the hick name for a donkey adopted ino the English language. So there
Unread 11th August, 2002, 04:04 PM
dougy_n

yes ver 5
Unread 11th August, 2002, 04:09 PM
Administrator

I need something more specific than 5 I'm afraid.

Is it 5b, 5p, 5x, 51 etc

Revisionistic Movie
Unread 11th August, 2002, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Better still post the IP address and I can join the server and have a look

Revisionistic Movie
Unread 11th August, 2002, 04:15 PM
dougy_n

i am embarassed to say but i dont know how to do that with the IP

also hw do i add a server to faorites list what i meant by favorite before was that i just kept on reconnecting to the last server.

also in addition to the 'impurity' often a 'umenu' package mismatch occurs, remedy?
Unread 11th August, 2002, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Finding the IP ...

Open your unrealtournament.ini file and scroll down to the section that says:

[UBrowser.UBrowserOpenCW]

Listed there (in order) are the last servers you connected to, post the list in here

Adding favourites ...

On a PC you can either browse through the list of servers and right click on one and select Add to Favourites or

Go to Find Internet Games, select the favourites tab, right click in the favourites window and select New Favourite

Revisionistic Movie
Unread 11th August, 2002, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by dougy_n
also in addition to the 'impurity' often a 'umenu' package mismatch occurs, remedy? &nbsp;
It sounds like they may have a custom Pure
Could really do with the IP though to work it out!

Revisionistic Movie
Unread 11th August, 2002, 05:06 PM
Elvis

The UMenu mismatch occurs because the admin has changed the serverside only flag on the system file and installed this file as a ServerPackage. Anyone without an identical file will get a version mismatch. Cheaters have usually had to modify their system files and this is an anti-cheat mod. The way to get around this for mac users may have been posted. Search the forum.
Unread 11th August, 2002, 05:07 PM
dougy_n

[UBrowserUT]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserA ll,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserLAN]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserLocalFact,BeaconProduct=ut
URLAppend=?LAN
AutoRefreshTime=10
bNoAutoSort=True

[UBrowserPopulated]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserA ll,MinPlayers=1,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserDeathmatch]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserA ll,GameType=DeathMatchPlus,bCompatibleServersOnly= True

[UBrowserTeamGames]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserA ll,GameType=TeamGamePlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=Tr ue

[UBrowserCTF]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserA ll,GameType=CTFGame,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserDOM]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserA ll,GameType=Domination,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserAS]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserA ll,GameType=Assault,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserLMS]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserA ll,GameType=LastManStanding,bCompatibleServersOnly =True

[UBrowserAll]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=unr eal.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region =0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=mas ter0.gamespy.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region= 0,GameName=ut
bHidden=True
bFallbackFactories=True

[UTMenu.UTMultiplayerMenu]
OnlineServices[0]=LOCALIZE,MPlayer
OnlineServices[1]=LOCALIZE,Heat
OnlineServices[2]=LOCALIZE,WON

[UTMenu.UTLadder]
bGOTY=true

[UWeb.WebServer]
Applications[0]=UTServerAdmin.UTServerAdmin
ApplicationPaths[0]=/ServerAdmin
Applications[1]=UTServerAdmin.UTImageServer