You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > UTPure > UTPure - Client Side Hack Protection > General Anti-Cheat Discussion

Unread 9th November, 2003, 11:16 PM
{ROW}Mase

I would like to know if this is a Pure Error, or if it's actual proof that someone was cheating....here is the server log...

Server Log 1. Name=XX?Class=BotPack.TMale2?team=3?skin=SoldierSk ins.hkil?Face=SoldierSkins.Tensor?Voice=BotPack.Vo iceMaleTwo?OverrideClass=?Checksum=3db67bfb5ace8d6 9d3a432c5da72de29?game=BotPack.Tried.AimbotCheat3. 19?Refused?NewPlayer, xxxxxxxxxxxx
Connection timed out after 15.000000 seconds (15.010767)
CloseTcpipConnection1 Fri Dec 31 17:02:26 2003
[PLAYER] XXXXX

So was this person acually using a AimBot, or is it Pure thinking he is using a AimBot? I have checked serveral other logs of this player and he has never come up on as cheating. I also noticed that this was him trying to get into the server, and that is never actually showed his packages...

here is anothe attempt to get in the server...

Server Log 2. XXX : hi
Connection timed out after 15.000000 secondsRefuse CheatCode (15.029113)
Close TcpipConnection2101 Sun Jan 5 17:16:17 2003

So I want to know if this is a cheat, or actual proof that person is cheating? Or is it a error by pure and that pure is thinking it's a cheat?

it was using pure pure 59....btw

I am looking forward to an explaination....

Mase
Unread 10th November, 2003, 04:19 AM
L.O.S.T.

He just timed out. Read the log again and you'll know why.
Unread 10th November, 2003, 05:57 AM
{ROW}Mase

Quote:
Originally posted by L.O.S.T.

ok, but it shows AIMBOT....Does this mean he was trying to enter with a AIMBOT, or pure thought he was? and would not let him, and thus causing the timeout?
Unread 10th November, 2003, 09:13 AM
^Budozero^

Quote:
Originally posted by L.O.S.T.
Explain why...
Unread 10th November, 2003, 03:14 PM
Torinir

Quote:
Originally posted by ^Budozero^
Explain why...
Connection timed out after 15.000000 seconds

If Pure on the server can't maintain contact with the client, for whatever reason, it'll drop the connection assuming a cheat was present. I get that sometimes, especially if Pure and other anti-cheat mods are not set up correctly on the server I'm trying to connect to. {SE7EN}'s public server had that problem for some time. Our server would spike horrendously at the start of a match, then random players would get booted with a Pure impurity error. If an admin restarted the map, the latency went away. Prolly just some settings on one of the protections we had, although the company hosting our server was having some issues on their network as well, which may have compounded the problem.
Unread 10th November, 2003, 08:16 PM
{ROW}Mase

[quote=Torinir]Connection timed out after 15.000000 seconds

If Pure on the server can't maintain contact with the client, for whatever reason, it'll drop the connection assuming a cheat was present. QUOTE]

So are you saying that Pure is ASSUMING it's a cheat? I need to know if this is proof that he cheated? or was trying to cheat?
Unread 11th November, 2003, 12:55 AM
L.O.S.T.

[quote={ROW}Mase][quote=Torinir]Connection timed out after 15.000000 seconds

If Pure on the server can't maintain contact with the client, for whatever reason, it'll drop the connection assuming a cheat was present.
Quote:

So are you saying that Pure is ASSUMING it's a cheat? I need to know if this is proof that he cheated? or was trying to cheat?
Assuming that it is a cheat.
Unread 11th November, 2003, 01:32 AM
{ROW}Mase

ok is it possible that he is not cheating, but pure thinks he is?

how would I justify this?

I am holding this fella on trial right now. And If I get reason to believe that he's cheating well then his arse is banned. but if you fellas over here at Pure think it's an error then thats what I need to know.... or more or less what you think..

Mase
Unread 11th November, 2003, 03:03 AM
L.O.S.T.

WOW! HTF did you manage to say that?!
Unread 11th November, 2003, 05:24 AM
{ROW}Mase

what? what did I say wrong?
Unread 11th November, 2003, 05:32 AM
L.O.S.T.

No, I was curious. How the f00k did you manage to say that?
Unread 11th November, 2003, 09:31 AM
LeeBe

heres what I think Mase.

dont listen to Lost, listen to someone that knows and not guesses.
Lost seems to be on some type of drug.

you will need to hear it from one of the pure developers, although im not sure many of them are around atm.

try sending a pm to Hogman or Azazel
Unread 11th November, 2003, 09:50 AM
^Budozero^

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeBe
heres what I think Mase.

you will need to hear it from one of the pure developers, although im not sure many of them are around atm.

Another thing to note is if weather or not it is something that happened once or always? With later pures etc...
Unread 11th November, 2003, 09:51 AM
{ROW}Mase

thanks Leebe. I was getting fustrated by Lost....
Unread 11th November, 2003, 08:48 PM
{FKK}Z

Pure posting an alert to the log about an aimbot cheat has nothing to do with connection timeouts. If it names an aimbot cheat then the player most likely tried to use one or at least had it installed. If this guys has successfully connected to your server since I would check his packages in the log very carefully. He may not have given up on trying to use a cheat and may have found one that circumvents your protection.
Unread 12th November, 2003, 01:12 AM
L.O.S.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeBe
heres what I think Mase.

Drugs, DRUGS, DRUGS?! I AM ONLY 11 YEARS OLD! I AM NOT ADICTTED TO DRUGS! View my profile and see.
I also can't believe that you are an idiot to say that I am using drugs. Remember on God's rules:

"Judge not, thy he will not be judged"

"Condemn not, thy he will not be condemned"

"Forgive thee, thy he will be forgiven"
Unread 12th November, 2003, 11:08 AM
LeeBe

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.
Drugs, DRUGS, DRUGS?! I AM ONLY 11 YEARS OLD! I AM NOT ADICTTED TO DRUGS! View my profile and see.
I also can't believe that you are an idiot to say that I am using drugs. Remember on God's rules:

"Judge not, thy he will not be judged"

"Condemn not, thy he will not be condemned"

"Forgive thee, thy he will be forgiven"

ok ok.. although I cant remember God laying down those rules I'll agree she maybe could have, since they make as much sense as some of her other stuff.

but do yourself a favour and stop responding to peoples questions with nonsensical halftruths.
Remember, every answer you gave where you pretended to know what you were talking about are equal to lies..... and we know how God feels about those dont we.....
Unread 12th November, 2003, 09:21 PM
L.O.S.T.

Okay. Please admins, if youwant me to leave for a while and take a break from posting, I'll do it. But don't ban me please.
Unread 12th November, 2003, 10:50 PM
BIOTech

There's no reason to do either L.O.S.T.

Just take a breath, listen to people who have the answers, take some notes and you will learn here. People just want valid feedback to frustrating problems and if you don't think anyone would want to read what you post about it then refrain from posting it.
Unread 13th November, 2003, 07:41 PM
{ROW}Mase

ummm..

still looking for an answer here. Maybe from a fellow admin, or a from a pure developer. I sent those private messages, but they must not be answering.

Mase