You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > General > Tips & Tutorials Followups

Unread 6th January, 2004, 04:00 PM
Godlike

My guess is that he recorded a demo, then used one of the "movie" making tools that capture demo's as JPeg images before linking them into an AVI file. I think there's a thread somewhere in these forums about making movies. Do some searching to find it (or google for UT Movies, and the like).

GL HF
|LCN|DeadMeat
--
I have but one life to giv... wait this is UT! I have a bunch of lives! Yeehaw!
Unread 6th January, 2004, 05:27 PM
Forum Newcomer

that was my first thought that the screens where taken out a demo.
problem is i wanna make some tests like that with Ravenshield and UBI didnĀ“t build this function in. they promised they will do it, but ubi makes more bugs with every patch than reduce.

fraps will not work i think because of the fps limitet in fraps
Unread 6th January, 2004, 06:29 PM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by OD-Chaos
How do i determine my MaxInternetClientRate?

My upload is 355kbs/ down is 1255kbs... How would I determine that?
:withstupid:
Well, I'm not sure what the question is, so I'll answer three ways:
[list:056d4869b5]Go to www.dslreports.com and use their tools to run a test on your server. You'll need to do this with no other activity on your internet connection.

This will give you several statistics about your internet connection's actual performance thru your Router / Firewall LAN equip, etc.

Having measured your actual speed, compare it to what your are paying for. If it's less, get on the phone with your ISP. I've found a lot of ISPs tell you you're getting 355 up or something like that, but don't un-cap the modem to allow it. If you get some dunderhead on the phone who says your connection won't support it because of your phone line, then buck it up to the next level of support. You may have to be somewhat insistant, because they don't like to actually provide what they charge for sometimes. If it's true that your connection won't support it, the Download speed will be impared too. Ask them for a length measurment on your line. (This is easily done electronically in a few minutes)[/list:u:056d4869b5]
If that wasn't your question, there here's the other answer...[list:056d4869b5]
355Kbits = 44375 bytes per second

This means that the absolute maximum MaxClientRate supportable with 8 players is 5546.

In actual practice you'll need to stay 10%-20% away from this figure. I'd start at 5000 and reduce to 4600 if need be.[list:056d4869b5]
Note: With these numbers, don't use a NetMaxServerTickRate of more than 20.[/list:u:056d4869b5][/list:u:056d4869b5]

Finally, I've seen another kind of thing that can LAG the game even when the connection and the server will support it.

It's the FIrewall Router. This is a more complicated answer, so I'll wait to see if you feel you're in this category before going on.
Unread 6th January, 2004, 06:38 PM
Godlike

:withstupid:

Sorry, I didn't get a link that took me to the end of the damn thread, so I commented again on a contribution that had already been fixed (?)

Rather embarrased.