You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - Mac Specific

Unread 28th June, 2003, 05:30 AM
Forum Newcomer

Hey. I downloaded the Linux standalone server package from www.unrealtournament2003.com on my server machine then replace the content of the System folder with that of my retain UT2K3 System folder (in order to get the Mac OS X binaries).

My only problem now seems to be how to go about launching the server. You see, I access my server machine via ssh, and if I try to launch the server with & to detach it from the shell so that I may disconnect after, ucc-bin suspends itself the moment I press Enter after ucc-bin prints out its last initialization message to the shell. I've tried redirection, but to no avail.

Any help from the Linux people here?
Unread 20th November, 2003, 07:02 PM
Forum Newcomer

Her is what I use to start my server. You will want to edit the startup command to your suit your server. You may also need to change the path of the cd to suit where your UT is installed.

I am doing this from the full version of UT for the Mac on an machine running 10.2.x and 10.3.x .

I have also changed the admin name and password, you will want to do the same.

cd "/Applications/Unreal Tournament 2003.app/System" ; ./ucc-bin server "BR-Flarized?Game=XGame.xBombingRun?GameSpeed=1.15?Wea ponStay=True?Translocator=False?FriendlyFireScale= 0.00?GoalScore=31?TimeLimit=15?MaxLives=0?AllowThr owing=True?Mutator=AntiTCC109.MutAntiTCC,XGame.Mut InstaGib,MapVote400b11.MapVote,XGame.MutNoAdrenali ne?GameStats=True?BalanceTeams=True?MinPlayers=0?M axPlayers=8?MaxSpectators=1?AdminName=youradminnam e?AdminPassword=yourpassword?difficulty=4" ; exit
Unread 21st November, 2003, 06:20 AM
Holy Shit!!

http://www.unrealadmin.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3 25

Kurais script in the beginning and my offering at the last page. Either one solves your problem.