You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - Windows Specific

Unread 13th September, 2004, 06:45 PM
Forum Newcomer

Default Dedicated Server WebAdmin login prob..

Hey, I have one quick (I hope) question. I setup a UT2K4 Dedicated server on my server box at home last nite and I had to open the ports up on my router so that things work like they should. Now I opened up the 80 port so that I could log onto to the Web Admin portion of the server and from my main PC at home In the same room) I logged on and everything worked normaly. Now I did log on over the internet through IE.

But today at work, I type in the http://xx.xx.xx.xx/ServerAdmin and I just get the "Page cannot be Displayed" crap? Now I can type my servers IP addy into the game here and join it and it works fine, and it does get listed through Gamespy Arcade so thats all working fine, but I cant get the remote web admin going here?

Im not sure why It would let me sign in at home and not here?? Yes the webamin option is (true / on) so I know thats not it. Any other possible reason(s) why it wont let me log on from my work PC?

If you need any info let me know, Im new too "internet" servers I host LAN stuff all the time (basic) so Im not a total idiot

Thanks.
Unread 14th September, 2004, 12:30 AM
Holy Shit!!

Http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:port/ServerAdmin
Unread 14th September, 2004, 01:06 AM
Forum Newcomer

I tried that too. hmmm, Im at home now and it logs right in w/ the http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/ServerAdmin no problem, is it because Im local? Again, I opened the ports to allow my server box to be open to the net to host, and I opened the 80 port for the server admin and it works fine here.

But nothing at work? Man Im not sure .
Unread 14th September, 2004, 03:01 AM
Forum Newcomer

I should have added more info. Im on a 512k up / 4mbps down cable connection so as far as I know, I have the same "1" external IP addy. I have my negear router set up so that every time any pc reboots its designated the same ip addy (via the router) every time. meaning each PC gets the sam IP addy from the router with out changing.

now I have ports 7777-7790 open (do I only need 7777?) and then again, port 80 open for the web admin. Am I missing any? I can log in instantly at my main PC via the web browser to the web admin, but at work i didnt get anything, couldnt even ping it? Something is getting blocked when I try to access it elsewhere outside of my house . I do have DHCP on as well.
Unread 14th September, 2004, 04:00 PM
Forum Newcomer

Yah, I know how to work w/ DHCP luckily and yes your correct, just before you posted I had changed it to port 8080 and now it works. I knew I had everything setup right but wouldnt have guessed that port80 is "closed" .

thanks for all of you help, I appreciate it.