You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - General Chat

Unread 31st August, 2008, 12:08 PM
Forum Newcomer

Default *** Unreal Programmers Wanted ***

Hello,
Just want to say Glad to see Azura and Wormbo are still here! Love you guys and your commitment to UT!

My team and I are looking for an Unreal Programmer with a high level of experience with programming and building Unreal mods. I have three mod’s that are unfinished and we are taking applications for a consultant to finish one of these three mods. The programmer can pick which ever mod fits their style and expertease.

The programmer should have the following skills.

Have past experience with creating mod’s in one of the Unreal realm of games types. Has the knowledge and experience with testing and fixing bugs with additional code or by testing to resolve issues in a timely matter. Should know how to use the Unreal Editor and other programs used to assist the process of developing a mod. Must be energetic, able to multitask, come up with solutions to problems that arise in a timely matter. Most be able to work well with others in a team environment.

After reviewing the mod of their choice the programmer in question can submit a $bid$ to complete the mod at there own projected timeline. Please send a resume with past experience, recommendations’ and a list of past mod’s you have created.

Info about our mod’s:

RocketX for Unreal Tournament:
The first mod is a complicated mod and is a modified version of the SLV2 or Strangelove designed by Al McElrath. With out Al we wouldn’t have a RocketX. I have tired to contact Al over the Years with no luck. I know Al is a remarkable man with an incredible talent for programming. Al inspired my friends and I to learn the Unreal engine and we tried to produce a fun mod for all ages and know we are asking for help to finish it. Here is a link to what the mod looks like.
http://www.zeroservers.net/monarch/fraged/RocketXSS.swf

RocketX for UT2004:
This was a mod that I put together from the code created from Airpower by Shawn Yarbrough. Shawn made the model with rotating twin Gatling guns, Shawn also made the skins, and I struggled with code. Download movies here.
http://www.zeroservers.net/monarch/f...FreekStyle.wmv
http://www.zeroservers.net/monarch/f...cketXVideo.wmv

ZAddOn for UT2004:
This is a copulation of weapon mods, that I considered to be the best at that time. This mod has tons of add on features that you can use such as super combo with akimbo weapons, radar, health gen, shield gen, ultra fantastic weapons created by some of the best coders out there. More details on these weapons are here but way to much to list. You have to play to understand it all. Over all this is a great mod and fun to play.
http://www.zeroservers.net/monarch/fraged/ZAddOn.swf
http://www.zeroservers.net/monarch/fraged/railgun.swf
http://www.zeroservers.net/monarch/fraged/UltraZIGC.swf

To be honest my goal here is to bring back the fun in Unreal.

Please note that have contacted the coders of each mod and have their approval to use their code. If I could not get in contact with the coder and the coder wishes to have your mod removed from the list please send me an email at [email address]

If you are interested in contributing to the future of Unreal please send me an email at [email address].

Thank you
}= FrAgEd ={

Last edited by xFragedx : 31st August, 2008 at 12:14 PM.
Unread 3rd September, 2008, 11:14 AM
Godlike

I think you already talked to FLuKE. He said you were interested in his RX projects and he would be the right guy for the job. You can register at http://hofgamingclan.com for more information.

Also there is another guy who has coding in the area of RX TheMan#1 and he hangs out more at http://www.rosebum.com.

Hope that helps you bro......

Unread 3rd September, 2008, 11:53 AM
Forum Newcomer

we have briefly conversed via email and i am looking forward to ed's opinion on the NemesisX and nemesisXF as well as the New RocketX5.
Unread 5th September, 2008, 05:15 AM
Forum Newcomer

Flukes the person to see imo , NX/XF Ftw, which is also basically a port with a lovely upgrade and touchof The rocketx4 which is in Balls' 1Glassysphere][ for anyone interested.
It's been through alot
Unread 5th September, 2008, 08:10 PM
Forum Newcomer

Default Still looking

We are looking for someone who has the knowledge to take ideas and make them reality in any of these mods. Fluke, I am happy you are having fun with the mod but really am looking for someone that I can pay to bring some major changes to the mod.

For example, seeking rockets that only seek the RX. If a pilot bails it goes after the RX not the player.

Replace the flags with flags that can not be picked up by a pilot of an slv or an RX.
But....
When a pilot picks up a team mate with the flag the RX gets full shields and health.

By the way Fluke, the Slide FX that T-Bone added can be turned off in the RX.INI, that was something that AL added to try to preserve weapon balance in the game. If one wanted they could adjust it to any setting they wanted including off by editing the RX.ini. You can thank TBone for making the SLV or RX controllable. We left that code in for respect for Al and others who may want to use it. You hurt my little feelings!! JK

These are just few changes we would like to make to balance the mod and make the game more fun. It seems to me the the servers running the mod are full on RX servers which is fine but I what I had envisioned was what Al had envisioned where a server could choose to adjust the mod to be a full on SLV or RX server or a bring balance to all the weapons. So that the RX did not dominate the game. The UT game has some many other fun aspects. Personally I like alot of weapons not just the RX and I do not like being nuked every time I turn the corner. SKILL? The explosion size can be adjusted from the RX.ini so its not a redeamer explosion on the missile and the jet. There are many things that can be adjusted but I never really released the mod with a Readme to explain the features because I never finished getting rid of the bugs.

If someone out there would like to make some extra money and has the ability to accomplish some of these changes please send me an email. Monarch and I have not really figured out which way to head on this but if we can not find a descent coder then we will have to abandon the project.

Fluke you keep having fun cause that’s the way and there is nothing wrong with that. You can do what ever you like.

Wombo, or any coders who may read this if your interested please drop me an email, or ask your friends... it can not hurt to just brain storm and see if we are on the same page. Extra money is extra money....

It would really be nice if someone had a mod that an admin could control who could access a server. This way you could weed out the jokers and the players who are not serious about the game.....

Thank you for reading this post

FrAgEd
Unread 7th September, 2008, 12:37 AM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][
Forgot about it, its an easy change to make just change seeking from pawn to pilot only or possibly track only the jet itself.

i can change the one you want when you decide which one.
see xxx

~Cancer~
Unread 8th September, 2008, 06:36 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
We are looking for someone who has the knowledge to take ideas and make them reality in any of these mods. Fluke, I am happy you are having fun with the mod but really am looking for someone that I can pay to bring some major changes to the mod.

For example, seeking rockets that only seek the RX. If a pilot bails it goes after the RX not the player.

Replace the flags with flags that can not be picked up by a pilot of an slv or an RX.
But....
When a pilot picks up a team mate with the flag the RX gets full shields and health.

those are some great ideas and i will look into implementing them into the RX5, one idea balls told me you wanted was the Stealth for the jet, that i managed to achieve after a lot of cursing and headaches.

as far as the explosions sizes, slide etc. go, they are of course all configurable in the .ini, but in your absense the playing style of RX clans has slowly mutated and it seems many RX players out there are hardcore RX players who like the explosions at around 15.000000, but as you said, they can be configured via ini, that i have left intact and also the NX's all use the SLV2 files. basically what i have done is to push it visually and achieve a look never seen in UT99, i think i have done that, so if its ok with you, im going to attempt your ideas and put them in the RX5.

the seek onto the jet is tricky but if i persevere i hope to achieve it.

as long as you are happy i am not screwing up your work, i will continue and do the best i can
Unread 12th September, 2008, 06:34 AM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:

achieved and placed into the RX5

initial lock is pilot then changes to jet after lock, so if you bail, it chases jet, not the pilot.
Unread 14th September, 2008, 04:51 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][ View Post
achieved and placed into the RX5

initial lock is pilot then changes to jet after lock, so if you bail, it chases jet, not the pilot.

and now removed, checkradius bug.

will be released in next beta test.
Unread 18th September, 2008, 05:02 PM
Forum Newcomer

FragEd,

Glad to see you back! I've still got the old UT2003 server up running ZaddOn. I tried to make ZaddOn work with UT2004 but gave up as I couldn't get everything to work the way it should. That tells you that I suck at programming but am a big fan of your work. I'm looking forward to seeing anything new you create. Keep us updated. Is the xMortalityx site coming back?

InhumanThor
Unread 26th September, 2011, 07:19 PM
Forum Newcomer

Did anything ever come of this project. I finally took my 2003 server offline due to waning interest. I'd love to bring a 2004 version back.
Unread 27th September, 2011, 11:26 AM
Holy Shit!!

nothing great. :/
BUNNYTRACK NY
Unread 26th April, 2012, 06:31 PM
Forum Newcomer

I had a bunch of requests so I brough my ZaddOn UT2003 server back online. I'd still like to get the UT2004 version going.