You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 3 > UT3 Server - General Chat

Unread 16th December, 2007, 02:00 PM
Forum Newcomer

Default OGM epicgames.com banned me

forums.epicgames.com banned me because I said there was a AIMBOT for UT3
Unread 16th December, 2007, 02:27 PM
Holy Shit!!

Aimbots are not the worst of it I'm afraid.

Hey ho - it's only a game.
Unread 16th December, 2007, 04:42 PM
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprime View Post

Yeah I notice they locked down another thread that a playa claimed that trojans were downloaded to his puter from a server on. I suppose that is just barely possible with the collision of the server owner/admin, but extremely unlikely. I personally, in 8 years of playing the game have never picked up malicious software from playing on a server. I once had my own rental server try to download a backdoor over ftp to me, but that's something entirely different from getting a virus or bot through the game. Anyhow since Joe Wilcox browses here from time to time, I will say that the hide your head in the sand approach to server security is probably not productive. If you go over to Helio's forum, it's very clear he developed a bot for the demo. From what I see, he hasn't made a bot for the full game yet, but some clown is bound to have cobbled together a Uscript bot by now. Anyhow, I really wish Epic would demonstrate a higher level of concern with this crap than simply banning anybody that brings the subject up.

2k4 server: 8.9.16.16:7777:7787 |ZARK|[FA] BucketofBlood(TAM)

UT3 server: 8.9.17.4:7777 [FA]Headshot_Hilton

Last edited by BadCompany : 16th December, 2007 at 04:44 PM. Reason: grammar/spelling
Unread 16th December, 2007, 07:43 PM
Forum Newcomer

We all know there are botsd out its not smart to talk about them on public forums because you give the gids a name to google on.

Thats why official forums close threads and even ban users for referring to gamehacks.
Maybe if you read the rules its in there somewhere.

But maybe you were talking about some x22.*****.net crap.
Ive seen that poser on allot of servers......

anyway never state the full name i guess andmaybe pm the community guy on the forums instead of making a public post?
Unread 16th December, 2007, 08:05 PM
Holy Shit!!

news flash .... i know of 3 aimbots and 2 radars working for ut3 ..... Epic knows too for sure

I guess when you tell them they get embarrased and just want to forget how crappy job they did and want to concentrate on ut4?

Denne hjemmeside er en vittighed, humor er godt men dobbeltmoral er skidt
Unread 16th December, 2007, 09:23 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprime View Post
Join the club, your one of the elite now!
I got banned a long time ago for calling them on the carpet about CD key/GUID stealing and thier lack of support for the victims.

There have been many others banned for even asking questions about cheats or cheat protection.

You have to remember, new and prospective customers go there so they don't want them to know how really bad it is or no one would buy it.
Unread 16th December, 2007, 10:55 PM
Killing Spree

As a UT3 server admin we are having enough trouble with aimbotters already, since the game has no cheat protection at the moment the last thing we need is MORE people downloading and installing these cheats.

The game is already off to a rough start, we don't need it to get any worse before it gets better. Marcchello was right in saying they kids don't need any ideas to go googling with. If you're not smart enough to know better than to talk about game cheats in the games official forum then you deserve the ban.

Personally I group people that talk about cheats in the same group as people that use them...
Unread 17th December, 2007, 05:11 AM
Holy Shit!!

Default Who cares what you think........

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTM|Minion View Post
Personally I group people that talk about cheats in the same group as people that use them...
Really.......... well good thing you're not in control then. The Unreal people have always relied upon the community to solve their cheat problem. Ever hear of Dr. Sin?
Unread 17th December, 2007, 05:59 AM
Holy Shit!!

wtf? people who talks of cheats are cheaters?

Man ... get a life! If we don't get it out in the open and talk about it, then how are we gonna do anything about it? Yes posting the exact filenames are surely not correct to do, but come on, once you know if you want a hook, radar or aimbot, what else do you need to know to get the cheat?

The only thing to do is find a guy (like Troublesome) who knows how to create a scanner for these cheats, and provide him with all the knowledge of any cheat you come across, including sending him the files. That is the only way to have a remote chance of getting a clean game. But getting a clean game will never happend, cheaters will always be at least two steps ahead.

Unread 17th December, 2007, 06:18 AM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Spoken like a true clueless noob.
Congrats on making a fool of yourself in a public forum
Unread 17th December, 2007, 09:35 AM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
If you're not smart enough to know better than to talk about game cheats in the games official forum then you deserve the ban.
Yea. Lets not talk about it. Im sure the problem will go away by itself if we all just shut up.
Unread 17th December, 2007, 11:20 AM
Holy Shit!!

LoL Epic should get on his knees for server admins and not ban if we have a problem or question We are running the game ,We make adverstising for them We are seling the game, We are fans They should listen more
In my eyes Epic is behaving the same as Bill Gates With his Vista Bringing it on the market while the game or OS is not even Finnished
The discusion of anticheat must be held up high Because i hate those nubs using those Bots clearing and emptying every server Bah
Cheating in Game is a cheater IRL and most of the time it is Mama's Ugly child
Fun-Dump.com 5k uniques daily
Phunneyshit.net 2k uniques daily
Trash n Babes 1,5k uniques daily
Babe-Dumper 1,5k uniques daily <New Site
Unread 17th December, 2007, 11:55 AM
Dominating

minion cheats

Unread 17th December, 2007, 03:45 PM
Killing Spree

I suppose that did sound a bit foolish, what I meant to say was that people that ADVERTISE aimbots are in the same group, certainly not server admin and those that are on the good side of the fight. You said you only mentioned "I said there was a AIMBOT for UT3" perhaps if you hadn't taken that out of context then I wouldn't have gotten the wrong idea.

I have been a long time UTAN user on all our 2k4 servers and certainly hope there is something just as effective coming down the pipe for UT3.

Although I post here seldom it doesn't mean I'm a noob. Just because I despise cheaters doesn't make me a noob either. And ummm... I'm not the one that was banned from Epic's forum for discussing aimbots.

There is a current discussion regarding the topic on the admin mail list from Epic... oh...you didn't subscribe to that did you? Believe it or not posting all over the web about cheating doesn't really help the situation because out of the countless numbers that read it very few can help. However the chances of it inspiring players to search and download them is much greater.. that was the point I was trying to make.
Unread 17th December, 2007, 04:12 PM
Holy Shit!!

I think that what Minion is trying to say is that talking about cheats in detail in an open forum is an open invitation for others to get the cheat and use it. Kinda like unintentionally creating advertisement, which I think would be more correct in being said.

Perhaps his words used earlier in this thread were not chosen as they should have been, but I do get his point. I would not call him a noob though by any means, he has been in the UT community for a loooong time as a server owner/operator, and I can say he is a straight up guy. I'm sure he, as well as others, are just getting frustrated, and that is very understandable.

There are ways of discussing the cheating problem, without creating unintentional advertisement for them, but it is difficult to do. Discussing them at all on the Epic forums will cause trouble for you, even if your intentions are honest or warranted. Words must be chosen properly, as well as the time and place. Epic's forums is most certainly not the place. Never pick a fight on someone else's home turf, especially if it may give them bad publicity. You will not/cannot win there.
Unread 17th December, 2007, 07:21 PM
Forum Newcomer

Moderation on the Epic forums? Puzzling.
Unread 18th December, 2007, 06:38 AM
Holy Shit!!

Epic made the game, they collect the fortune from releasing it, they should be grown ups and be able to handle the downsides of it too.

Surely all cheat names should be left out, but they appear to just shut their eyes pretending to not care about wheather the community will die before it even starts.

Just ask yourself, would you realy want to play online games if an anticheat isn't released soon? man Epic doesn't care about the fans of the games, they just want to put a copy of their game under each christmas tree in the world, and only Epic and the ImakeTheCheatsToEarnMoney low life dude will benefit from it. Never can we expect even a single fair fight online.

Let's face it, there is only one to blame : EPIC!

Unread 18th December, 2007, 12:37 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assraker View Post
Never pick a fight on someone else's home turf, especially if it may give them bad publicity. You will not/cannot win there.
Make you wonder what other important issues have been deleted?!?!

People saying they created a fix for something??
Showing workarounds to avoid aimbotters??
A way to make the game work better by deleting some Epic screens??
How to get names to use special characters like ยบ (degrees sign) is a square now??
How to add servers to favorites??
How to avoid the server from crashing to main menu when you get a redirected map??
Why downloaded maps are not accessable in the maps rotation when playing locally??
Tools to move them maps after downloading??
Why serv3ers are not using compression to make downloads faster??
Why we are unable to see who is on a server when searching??
Why we are unable to search for specifics like LowGrav and remove all others without it??
Why we are unable to dodge jump??
How to tell if a server is supressing voicechat or not??
How to initialize in game voting??
Why there is no way to goto a server speicifcally in the GUI??
DID I SAY WEBADMIN IS MISSING??

<Sarcasm>I also like the really cool poster or anything like a playing card or map or sticker included in the box. </sarcasm> Seriously, this is the first game i ever got that doesn't have a thing or something of interest inside the box. Just the game disk, manual disk and reg online card... hrm, i guess the something of interest is the registration card. Sweet

.... these are just on the top of my head... LOTS LOTS LOTS more must have been deleted.

Last edited by gprime : 18th December, 2007 at 12:45 PM.
Unread 18th December, 2007, 01:14 PM
Holy Shit!!

ROFL

Unread 18th December, 2007, 01:46 PM
Holy Shit!!

They dont want possible future buyers coming to the forum to see how well its supported to find out that there are already tons of cheats for the game...with no defenses yet.

Epic fucked up again. Woot@!