You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - Windows Specific

Unread 6th April, 2004, 06:00 PM
Forum Newcomer

Anti TCC v1.12 Lite Insecure Client
[14:36:58] - [INSECURE CLIENT] xxxxxx [ xxxxxxxx] IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Security ID: 1 using v3186
[14:36:58] - has a modifed 'ONS-Ascendancy'
[14:36:58] - MD5 of [8C7B4D587B5C663E578589049715E1FC] Expected [2bd215fa8ed0cad99d6a43c488adbd77]

Our AntiTCC set up is having problems with the different versions of custom maps out there. Is there any way to exclude these maps (without disabling all map checks) from being checked or force the client to download the server copy of the map if the user has a different version?

Unread 8th April, 2004, 01:34 AM
Administrator/UTAN Admin

You'd have to ask Wormbo that, the creator of AntiTCC. But if an option was to come around about disabling map checks, i would advise against in disabling it, as then your just asking for cheats and map hacks.
Unread 10th April, 2004, 04:38 PM
Forum Newcomer

That was a great suggestion. Here is the reply from Wormbo. I think I may give this a try once our server is back up. :angry:

So could I just rename the map and "patch" the problem?

Depends. If you rename the map you will require everyone to download it again for your server. You should probably use UnrealEd to save the map under a different name, so it also gets a new package GUID. This will prevent potential problems for players who first play on a server with one of the versions and then player on your server or vice versa.

Actually it's a very poor policy of the original author to not release a fixed version in the first place IMHO.