You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - General Chat

Unread 20th May, 2003, 06:48 AM
Dominating

YUPPERS ....BUG!

The MapName was no where to be found in WebAdmin..

But it was STILL IN the Current MapList, .ini I suppose too if I quit the server, but didn't.

In fact it choked the server. It couldn't load that map, but tried to reload pervious Map but couldn't quite manage that.

So we all got errors, Connection Failed, try'n to load previous. (I tried 3 times)

Server was not totaly hung as I quickly logged into WebAdmin and changed to another map. It ran it, then picked up where it left off in the list.

I have since removed another map, saved, reloaded and used the MapList. Its still there.

Map name in .ini DM-Lost_Paradice+.
Map was renamed to DM-Lost_Paradice. (just dropped the plus sign)

(server has not been rebooted yet.)
Unread 20th May, 2003, 06:59 AM
Rampage

I dumped the maps with the funky file names (Sorry map designers!) When I get a chance I'll rename them and see if they are on the redirect and upload them if they are not. After getting rid of the freaky files and restarting the server, I was still having trouble with the web admin. Evolution suggesting getting rid of some mods, I got rid of them all, rebooted with none of them and still the same problem.

My Final answer?

BDB Mapvote. I'm hoping the web admin update will solve my problems.
Unread 20th May, 2003, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator

It won't be much longer until I have time to fix this problem. Sorry about the delay guys.
Unread 20th May, 2003, 07:18 AM
Rampage

Not a problem, I know these things take time, and how busy we all are these days.

Mapvote will work just fine for me for the time being. It's also stopped the being bothered on Messenger all the time to change maps
Unread 23rd May, 2003, 02:31 AM
Super Moderator

Can you give me a link where I can download some of these maps with invalid characters in the name?
Unread 23rd May, 2003, 05:10 AM
Rampage

http://www.unrealplayground.com/maps...pe=dm&sho w=l
DM-LS_Dusty(2003)

I have searched hi and low for DM-On Ice. I know I found it at the ina forums, but searching for "on ice" brought up lots and lots of pages of entries.

Hope that Helps
Unread 14th June, 2003, 09:10 AM
Forum Newcomer

A googling for "DM-On_Ice" brings it right up, no problem in searching for "_"?

http://unrealed.planet-multiplayer.d...?P=info&D=2414

CYA hun..
Unread 14th June, 2003, 02:42 PM
Rampage

A lot of things can change in a month dear, escpecially in the computer world.
Unread 26th January, 2004, 10:36 AM
Forum Newcomer

I have a problem logging into webadmin. I have correctly setup webadmin in the .ini file per the instructions on this site. I have run the server and read in the deidcated server console that the webadmin is running and it lists the port. I tried to log into webadmin from two of my computers, the server and the client. I get the adminlogin window to pop up and I try the default login: admin and password: admin and after a few tries it won't work. I have tried to add specific logins and passwords as well. Does anyone have ideas on why I can't log in? I am running the server on a Win XP, 1 gig ddr pc2700 ram, Inter P4 2.4. My client PC is the same except its an AMD 2600. I cannot log in from either computer. Help, I want to use webadmin it looks so nice and easy!
Unread 27th January, 2004, 07:49 AM
Forum Newcomer

I did some more reading and found this in the FAQ area:

WebAdmin doesn't respond

Symptoms

You see the following in your log / console:
ScriptLog: xWebAdmin.WebServerAdmin Initialized on Port 8080
But http://yourserver.yourdowmain:8080/ never loads.

Solution(s)

The UT / UT2k3 Web Server redirects / to /ServerAdmin/. If it has incorrectly detected you machines setup this forward may be a an inaccessible address. Use the following in your .ini to ensure the servers name / ip is set correctly:
[UWeb.WebServer]
ServerName=<yourserver>
Where:
<yourserver> is the servers DNS name or ip address.

In the server console I see the first line start up:

ScriptLog: xWebAdmin.WebServerAdmin Initialized on Port 80

but I do not see:

http://yourserver.yourdowmain:80/ never loads

(here is the original:

Does someone with a working .ini file and working webadmin able to post what this section looks like, or please post the whole ini. Do I need to put the < > around the IP, do I need to add the port in the name or just the IP? I have tried so many variations any ideas?
Unread 27th January, 2004, 07:53 AM
Forum Newcomer

Sorry to post my own answer but maybe this will help others. I found this way down in the FAQ, you must set an admin and password as the ini does not do this for you anymore, this explains my problem. As soon as I followed this advice it worked I could log in!!

Single Administrator System

The single administration system can only be activated from the command line, such as when starting from a batch file or script. To activate the single administration system, add these two parameters to the command line start parameters for your server:
?AdminName=Username?AdminPassword=Password

For example, if you had chosen "Someone" as your username, and "HaveFun" as your password, your server's command line start parameters might look like this:
ucc server DM-Asbestos.ut2?game=xGame.xDeathMatch?AdminName=Some one?AdminPassword=HaveFun
NOTE: The Administration System is case sensitive. It will treat Joe and joe as different usernames.

To login as an administrator on the server during a game, open the game console by pressing the "~" key on your keyboard (You may also access the quick console by pressing Tab). Next, substituting with your administrator password, type:
adminlogin password
Unread 27th January, 2004, 08:22 PM
Forum Newcomer

I discovered a bug, others have had this bug too, I have added over 7 sub admins to my server and I can only view 7 of them when I go to browse users. I have heard others can only see 5 of their admins they have setup, another person could only see 3 of the 5, when he deleted 1 of them then he could see all 4.
Unread 6th April, 2004, 11:58 AM
Rampage

I have a suggestion:

It would be nice to see number of people currently in game. Either the number of people on the map written somewhere where the min. num. of players is or number each player in the player list table... from 1 to n; n - number of players.
Unread 13th April, 2004, 06:51 AM
Killing Spree

Does the webadmin interface have to be run from the same machine as the game is being run on, or can I have one webadmin interface on my site for each machine.

In other words for clan "ABC" my site would read http://www.o3servers.com/stats/abc/serveradmin/

For clan "DEF" itll be http://www.o3servers.com/stats/def/serveradmin/

So on and so fourth, so basically I want to run webadmin completely remote from the machine that the actual servers are running on.

Can and how can this be done

Shat

15% Discount for the first 3 months on all
servers ordered before June 1st!!
http://www.o3servers.com
Unread 13th April, 2004, 02:24 PM
Godlike

The easiest way to do this would be to have the remote machine be a front-end proxy server that can rewrite urls. Squid (linux based) comes to mind as one which would fill this need.

With a proxy server, requests come to the proxy machine, then that software makes the request of the server and passes the results back. This is used a lot in secured sites where the actual server is behind the firewall and you want to limit access to server to only a subset of URLs (e.g. limited access to the intranet server).

The tricky part about this is setting up the redirection routines to change the incoming URLs to the format that the UT servers want to see.

GL HF
|LCN|DeadMeat
--
BitNet (pre-Internet network) was very forward looking... you had to include your PLANET on it's node application form.
Unread 13th April, 2004, 02:38 PM
Godlike

While I'm here......and this IS a thread for 2004 Web Admin bugs/suggestions...

The Web Admin's default map rotations setup screen does not support ONS link setups. In fact, it can get confused and overwrite/change your map lists with ?LinkSetup=... parameters on them. I often find my hand crafted ini list has either the just the map name instead of map?LinkSetup or has the extra maps with no parameters at the end.

The quick fix might be to show the complete line, including the ?... parameters of the entry in the maps list being used. This way the default map list could have all maps and all LinkSetups listed and you could choose the one you wanted. Sublists could do the same thing too. Of course the save function would need to honor this too.

GL HF
|LCN|DeadMeat
--
Programming would be a breeze if it wasn't for all the $%#@ users!
Unread 22nd May, 2004, 05:22 AM
Killing Spree

Can we see the score of the current game, at least team based game-types?

And on the players list page, how about the ablility to reload page every X minutes? You can do this with a recursive meta-redirect tag, or something.

Just some thoughts. Keep up the great work!