You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Unreal Admins > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 > UT2003/4 Server - General Chat

Unread 6th September, 2009, 07:17 PM
Holy Shit!!

Default UBLE - UTAN Ban List Editor

Why UBLE ?
UTAN being down for an undetermined amount of time, server admins can't edit their servers' ban list. And since not all admins have been able to retrieve a list of their bans from UTAN's site before it was taken down, they either have to remove UTAN's ban manager from their servers (thus losing all their bans) or to stick with it and a frozen set of bans as the data is not stored in a human readable format. One may be able to retrieve the whole list by parsing the UTAN Ban Manager's logs if one kept all of them since the beginning, but it's a rather lengthy/tedious process.

What is UBLE ?
The UTAN Ban List Editor is here to allow server admins to add, modify, and remove bans from their servers. If they wish to simply drop UTAN's ban manager, it also allows them to export these bans so they can be used directly into the server's configuration file.

System Requirements :
  • Operating System : Windows XP is strongly recommended, but it should run on Windows 2000 as well as Vista and 7. Earlier versions are not supported (it may work on these, but if it doesn't, not my problem). Mac and Linux are not supported.
  • Required Runtimes and Softwares : .NET Framework 2.0, Windows Installer

Installing the .NET Framework 2.0 (x86) and Windows Installer (28 MB) *click me* :
  • instmsia.exe : Windows Installer 2.0, you don't need to install it if you have Windows 2000/XP/Vista
  • WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe : Windows Installer 3.1, you don't need to install it if you have Windows 2000/XP/Vista or you use Windows Update religiously. Windows Installer 3.1 is needed to run the setup package.
  • dotnetfx.exe : The .NET Framework 2.0 is needed to run the program, so install it if you don't already have it on your computer. After installing the framework, go to Windows Update, and download the lastest security updates for the framework.
  • langpack.exe : This is the french language pack for the .NET Framework. In theory, it's not needed on client computers. I'm putting it here just in case.

Installing UBLE
Download either UBLE zipped MSI Package (225 KB) or UBLE MSI Package (417 KB), then run uble-setup.msi. Choose the installation folder, install... A shortcut will be placed on your desktop.

Uninstalling UBLE
Why would you want to do that? Oh well, Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> UTAN Ban List Editor -> Remove

Using UBLE
Open UBLE and you'll see the instructions in the textbox on the right along with thanks and other stuff.

When exporting bans, don't forget to choose which information you wish to export (GUIDs, GUIDs and IPs, GUIDs and IP-ranges) via the filter list. This feature has been temporarily disabled in the current version.

The rest should be rather straightforward

Known bugs/limitations, planned features
  • A list of recently opened ban lists is planned.
  • Re-enabling the export feature in the next release.

Source code of UBLE
The full source code will not be released. Parts of the code related to the core functionalities may however be released at a later date.

Disclaimer
This program is a FREEWARE and is provided 'AS IS' without warranty of any kind, either expressed implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The entire risk as to the results and performance of the program is assumed by you. Should the program prove defective, you (and not the author nor it's distributors) assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair, and correction. There's no warranty that the functions contained in the program will meet your requirements or that the operation of the program will be uninterrupted or error free.
Neither Omnip)o(tentS nor anyone else who has been involved in the creation, production, or delivery of this program shall be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or incidental damages, lost profits, business interruption or loss of information arising out of the use, the results of use, or inability to use such program, or damage of loss caused by the program, even if advised of the possibility of such damages or claim.

Last edited by ARsEnAl51 : 24th April, 2010 at 09:01 AM.
Unread 6th September, 2009, 08:10 PM
Forum Newcomer

Please add an entry at "known bugs"...

http://my.despe.de/ih/archiv.php?bil...me=daH53CK.jpg

Im using Win7, that seems to be the problem... Maybe that can be fixed.. Starting my VM just for editing my bans is very annoying...

//Edit: It even doesn't work in an VM... wth?

Last edited by Ragnos : 6th September, 2009 at 11:01 PM.
Unread 7th September, 2009, 01:08 AM
out of order

Dumb question: Why does a tool that merely consists of a single EXE file require an installer that creates two levels of subdirectories under Program Files by default?
Unread 7th September, 2009, 07:26 AM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnos View Post
Please add an entry at "known bugs"...

http://my.despe.de/ih/archiv.php?bil...me=daH53CK.jpg

Im using Win7, that seems to be the problem... Maybe that can be fixed.. Starting my VM just for editing my bans is very annoying...

//Edit: It even doesn't work in an VM... wth?
As stated in my first post, Windows versions other than 2000/XP are not supported (for the simple reason I only have WinXP on my systems). What you're experiencing is caused by one of the components I use not running properly on Windows 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
Dumb question: Why does a tool that merely consists of a single EXE file require an installer that creates two levels of subdirectories under Program Files by default?
Well, it's how the setup is made... *shrugs* I guess I could try to provide a simple zipped version though.
Unread 7th September, 2009, 11:48 AM
Forum Newcomer

That you doesnt support Win7/Vista is crazy, but OK... But it doesn't run in my VM too... And I can't install WinXP on my second HDD cause Win7 IS my Alt. system, my First one is Ubuntu Linux...

http://my.despe.de/ih/archiv.php?bil...me=da075J5.jpg

Something MUST be wrong here... o0
Unread 7th September, 2009, 12:17 PM
Holy Shit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnos View Post
That you doesnt support Win7/Vista is crazy, but OK... But it doesn't run in my VM too... And I can't install WinXP on my second HDD cause Win7 IS my Alt. system, my First one is Ubuntu Linux...

http://my.despe.de/ih/archiv.php?bil...me=da075J5.jpg

Something MUST be wrong here... o0
Like I said, I don't have these OS on my computers.

Looking at the 2nd screenshot, it seems your VM is not even capable of rendering the tab control properly. Considering its a standard control and it shows up fine on the first, I'd be inclined to say there's something wrong within your VM. While it's a custom control, the same thing goes for the text that should be below the )o( logo... even weirder is that the scrolling text DOES show up fine while I derived it from the same basic control (iirc). The status bar which is also a stock control is not even displayed.

Are you sure your VM is up to date? Are you sure the client OS is up to date and activated/registered? Are you sure the .NET Framework is up to date on your client OS?
Unread 7th September, 2009, 01:56 PM
Forum Newcomer

Very sure, cause i've build this VM just yesterday evening.. SP3, .NET 2.0, 1.1, all Windows-Updates. My VirtualBox-Software is up2date too...

Tested it on the XP-Notebook of my friend, the same crapy shit... but dunno if this nb was up2date :/

//Edit: Got the NB an second time, now i can say it is up2date... but UBLE doesnt work...

Sorry if I annoying you with this, but this tool would help me alot..

Last edited by Ragnos : 7th September, 2009 at 04:35 PM.
Unread 7th September, 2009, 06:53 PM
Holy Shit!!

When you're running that VM, is the host Linux or Win7? If it's Linux, could you try running that VM from Win7 please (or vice-versa)? TIA

Oh btw, is there an easy way to somehow disable themes on Win7? You know, kinda like on Windows XP. I'd like to know if the third party component I use still has display issues without themes (if you could try this on your WinXP/VM as well...). Edit: if its not already the case, could you try to use an official Windows 7 theme and see if it displays better under Windows 7?

Even though I'm not supporting Vista or 7 I guess I'm gonna have to code some ugly workaround for the GUI under those or think about implementing a console command...

As a side note, the export function doesn't seem to be working. Will fix that this weekend.

Last edited by ARsEnAl51 : 7th September, 2009 at 06:58 PM.
Unread 7th September, 2009, 10:08 PM
Forum Newcomer

Found an Fix! Disable Visual Designs at Compalibity and it looks fine, but under my VM ( I'm run it under Win7 actually, but I think there are the same problems under Linux) there it will crash down after an minute, and i can't click anything. But it looks well now.. The Compalibity-Mode XPSP3 doesnt matter, can be disabled...

I have forget one thing: Thank you for this tool, that will help alot!

//Edit: Back to Return, i'll get an critical if i try to load an database...

Code:
Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040111): Eine Instanz der COM-Komponente mit der CLSID {DC1C5A9C-E88A-4DDE-A5A1-60F82A20AEF7} konnte aufgrund des folgenden Fehlers nicht von der IClassFactory erstellt werden: 80040111.
   bei System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog.CreateVistaDialog()
   bei System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog.RunDialogVista(IntPtr hWndOwner)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog.RunDialog(IntPtr hWndOwner)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.CommonDialog.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
   bei UTANBanListEditor.frmMain.mfOpen_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
    Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.4918 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900).
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
UTANBanListEditor
    Assembly-Version: 1.2.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 1.2.0.0.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Omnip)o(tentS/UTAN%20Ban%20List%20Editor/UTANBanListEditor.exe.
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
XPExplorerBar
    Assembly-Version: 3.3.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 3.3.0.0.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/XPExplorerBar/3.3.0.0__26272737b5f33015/XPExplorerBar.dll.
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll.
mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.
Sorry, but i can't translate this now...

Last edited by Ragnos : 7th September, 2009 at 10:12 PM.
Unread 8th September, 2009, 05:18 PM
Holy Shit!!

It's ok, no need to translate.

I've tested my program on two different VMs (Sun's VirtualBox 3.0.0 and Virtual PC 2007 from MS) with a brand new install of WinXP and the .NET Framework, and it does work fine on both (no display issues, no crash). It's a bit slow to display completely (like 5-6 seconds), but I probably didn't allocate enough RAM for my VMs... dunno what's up with yours... maybe it's because of Win7...

The problem comes from your version of the .NET framework. You have version 2.0.50727.4918 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900), while I have 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000). In theory, a program coded on an older version should work on a newer version... but apparently it doesn't :/

It seems to me that your version of the framework is specific to Windows 7. I'm afraid I have no idea how to solve that issue. I'll try to code some commandline thing... but I can't promise much in a reasonable timeframe.

Edit: I've just uploaded a new version. The export function now works properly. I've also added something to try and make the dialog boxes work under Win7, but I highly doubt it'll work. The download link are the same than the one above. You can install the new version over the previous one (it'll be automatically uninstalled).

Last edited by ARsEnAl51 : 8th September, 2009 at 06:45 PM.
Unread 9th September, 2009, 09:29 PM
Forum Newcomer

don't work, all the same... Whatever, thanks alot
Unread 11th September, 2009, 08:22 PM
Holy Shit!!

Alright, I've got Win7 now. Will install it on my VM and try and develop a version of uble for Win7 asap.
Unread 12th September, 2009, 05:13 PM
Holy Shit!!

New version, uploaded (same links, as usual). It's not compatible with Windows 7. However, it could fix the issue your experiencing with uble under XP in case you only allocated one core of your processor to your VM.

By the way, the version of Windows 7 that you have is the beta version, right?
Unread 12th September, 2009, 09:37 PM
Forum Newcomer

Not at all, its the RC. Waiting for the Release of the Final Version..

Reinstalled UBLE on VM, no changes...
Unread 13th September, 2009, 09:56 AM
Holy Shit!!

A friend of mine got a hold on the RTM version and he was able to open a ban list just fine. When I asked him which version of the framework 2.0 comes with the RTM, he told me his version is 2.0.50727.4923 (which is 5 builds higher then the Win7 RC version 2.0.50727.4918). It looks like this bug shouldn't be happening with the final version of Win7.

I'll still work on fixing the graphics bug and try to add commandline parameters so it can be used without a GUI, just in case...
Unread 24th October, 2009, 03:21 PM
Holy Shit!!

A new version (1.3) has been released. Download it from the links in the first post.

What's new? I fixed minor bugs here and there and I rewrote a huge part of the GUI so that it consumes less memory resources (it could take up to 100MB under XP and up to 500MB under Vista/Seven, now it should take less than 40MB on both platforms).

The retail versions of Vista and Seven are now supported. Under those OSes you have to disable themes for this application to display properly. I'm still working on a fix for this.

Last edited by ARsEnAl51 : 24th October, 2009 at 03:24 PM.
Unread 1st November, 2009, 11:45 PM
Forum Newcomer

Hello,
I've a problem with the UBLE.

My OS Vista x64 Ultimate

heres a screen of my UBLE how it looks.

I tried all variants with compatibility..
-disabled visual designs
-disabled desktop designs
-disabled high dpi
-256 colors
-winxp mode

all variants don't work.
help me please.

MFG / best regards sÀtÁñ

Last edited by s4t4n83 : 5th November, 2009 at 01:30 AM.
Unread 7th November, 2009, 08:57 AM
Holy Shit!!

Disabling visual styles should have worked :/

I've been extremely busy lately, but I'm rewriting this part of GUI as fast as I can. I hope to release a new version next Wednesday.
Unread 7th November, 2009, 03:38 PM
Forum Newcomer

erm.. no, thats the problem, it doesn't work!
to disable the visual styles have no effect.
Ragnos helped me, but with the same problem.

Sometimes I can read the first link "open (ctrl+o)" but if I scroll just a bit
it looks like my screenshot.
Unread 7th November, 2009, 07:37 PM
Holy Shit!!

New version uploaded. Same link as usual.

Vista and 7 (retail versions only) GUI-related issues should be fixed. Due to a bug I discovered IP filtering has been temporarily disabled. When exporting bans and including IP or IP-ranges in the export file, duplicates are removed and the IPs are sorted.