You are an unregistered user, you can register here
Navigation

Information

Site

Donations
If you wish to make a donation you can by clicking the image below.

Go Back   The Unreal Admins Page > Forums > Hosted Forums > Wormbos Area > General Chat

Unread 19th February, 2005, 09:29 AM
out of order

Default [UT2004/Release] Wormbot IRC Reporter v2

I have improved the Wormbot a bit, added a few features and fixed the bugs that were reported for version 1. Most noteable are the option to disable kill messages and the fix for the infinite map change delay bug.

New In This Version

New Features:
  • Option to reduce the amount of kill messages reported or turn them off completely.
  • Option to report multi kills. (enabled by default)
  • Option to limit the map change delay time.
  • It's possible to specify a chat trigger now. Only channel messages prefixed with this string will be seen ingame.
  • It's also possible to prevent non-chat messages from being displayed ingame.
Modified Features:
  • Webadmin options for reporter and chat relay bot were moved to their own groups.
  • The options for Q auth and the debug logfile require a higher access level now.
  • Tweaked the nick name handling of the IRC connections.
  • If the reporter bot is set to modify the channel topic, it will prevent the topic from exceeding the IRC network's topic length limit, if possible.
Bugfixes:
  • The webadmin options are now available as well when the Wormbot was added as ServerActor.
  • The infinite map change delay bug is gone.
There might be other changes I can't remember anymore, but you'll find them out anyway.

You can get this new version in the UA.org Download Area or from my own UT2004 download page.
Unread 19th February, 2005, 09:40 AM
Godlike

Looks good, I'll give it a run tonight after I get in from work

[_]frisp

Unread 20th February, 2005, 01:55 PM
Unstoppable

Awesome work, Wormbo.

Now i need a quakenet trust.
Unread 20th February, 2005, 10:48 PM
Forum Newcomer

Bug fixes were most appreciated Wormbo!

i saw in the readme about coming to this forum for information on making custom gamehandlers... Where can I find this information?
Unread 21st February, 2005, 05:37 AM
Forum Newcomer

Hi wormbo nice work.
I did encounter 1 bug. The nicks in the reports are no longer colored in fact all text reported is plain black. I have the reporter running on two different servers and it's the same case on both.
Another problem I have is that on the left panel in web admin you can't see the "restart level" link any more since all the wormbot menus pushed it off the screen.
Since there is "no scroll" defined on that left frame the only way around this is to reduce text size.
Other than that the bot looks stable and reliable.

Thanks.
Unread 21st February, 2005, 07:11 AM
Forum Newcomer

That should probably be brought to Epic's attention. I just noticed this as well. The workaround is to just make your changes as normal and then switch back to "Current" and then hit restart level. This is only a problem if you're running your browser in a low desktop resolution/small window size, or you've got a couple other mutators running (I've got AntiTCC, UTAN and Wormbot... The problem would be worse if I had chaos and JB running too).

I suggest mailing [email address] or making a post in the INA/Atari forums or posting in forums.epicgames.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui
Another problem I have is that on the left panel in web admin you can't see the "restart level" link any more since all the wormbot menus pushed it off the screen.
Since there is "no scroll" defined on that left frame the only way around this is to reduce text size.
Other than that the bot looks stable and reliable.

Thanks.
Unread 21st February, 2005, 01:22 AM
Forum Newcomer

I found the sollution I just edit adminsframe.htm

<frame src="<%IndexURI%>" name="index" border="0" scrolling="No" frameborder="NO" noresize framespacing="0" marginheight="0">

to this:

<frame src="<%IndexURI%>" name="index" border="0" scrolling="yes" frameborder="NO" noresize framespacing="0" marginheight="0">
Unread 21st February, 2005, 03:29 AM
out of order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceboy2003
Bug fixes were most appreciated Wormbo!

i saw in the readme about coming to this forum for information on making custom gamehandlers... Where can I find this information?
The information is not yet public. If you need it, just say so, but I suggest exporting the Wormbot sourcecode and having a look at how the game handlers work.
Unread 21st February, 2005, 12:54 PM
Forum Newcomer

I can't make the reporter report in color :/ am I overlooking something? is there on option somewhere to do it? anyone else has this?
Unread 21st February, 2005, 02:54 PM
Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo
The information is not yet public. If you need it, just say so, but I suggest exporting the Wormbot sourcecode and having a look at how the game handlers work.
Ok. Will do. I'm not away from my computer for a couple more weeks, so I'll have to do that when i return home.

Thanks for getting back to me.
Unread 21st February, 2005, 08:16 PM
Forum Newcomer

Yeah, really nice work! Thanks Wormbo!
For next version i would suggest: Make effectiveness shown in scoreboard thingy (or possibility to put it on/off?). I mean actual kill/death ratio, not score/death ratio like levireporter had. Also would b nice if scores and all those wouldve been alinged better, more empty spaces between numbers or something. Sry for my bad english.. :/
Unread 22nd February, 2005, 12:57 AM
out of order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naapuri
Yeah, really nice work! Thanks Wormbo!
For next version i would suggest: Make effectiveness shown in scoreboard thingy (or possibility to put it on/off?). I mean actual kill/death ratio, not score/death ratio like levireporter had. Also would b nice if scores and all those wouldve been alinged better, more empty spaces between numbers or something. Sry for my bad english.. :/
Scores are already aligned perfectly, but the IRC clients have to use a fixed-width font to see it. It's impossible to line up the scores for variable-width fonts.
Also, the scoreboard already takes up quite a lot of space. Adding more columns (like for efficiency) would make it more likely the scoreboard lines are wrapped by the IRC client, which looks bad.
Unread 2nd March, 2005, 02:24 AM
Forum Newcomer

If feasible, for the next version I would suggest refining the options for the IRCtoServer chat relay. From what I have seen, pretty much anyone in the IRC channel can send messages to the server as long as they know the trigger word. This could cause some spam problems for the players in game if many users we to talk at once or intentionally spam. It would be nice if one could config the WormBot to only send IRC messages to the server written by admins of the channel, clvl 200 or higher (or something).

Not sure if that is in the realm of possiblity, but it would be very helpful to admins who would like to keep the spam out of the server and only have selected users be able to send messages to it.

PS: If this is already possible with the current version, I sincerely apologize ahead of time for my ignorance.
Unread 2nd March, 2005, 03:26 AM
out of order

It's not possible yet. I will have to write an extended channel mode parser for the bot to actually understand the channel modes currently set so it can keep track of who is a nop, who has voice, etc.
Unread 2nd March, 2005, 09:12 AM
Forum Newcomer

Yea that sounds difficult heh.

Anyways though I want to thank you for this bot and for the time that you've put into it. It runs solidly and already has a lot of functionability. A definite improvement over the IRC bots I've seen in the past.

Thanks Wormbo!
Unread 14th March, 2005, 02:36 PM
Forum Newcomer

aw nice repbot

but is it normal that sometimes the reporter doesn't rejoin at a map-switch and some other times it joins but all the messages are not coloured? is there a way to fix this, maybe in the next version?
Visit us on irc.quakenet.org
#infernal.flames
Dreams are seldom what they seem...
=iF*Xareon=
Unread 15th March, 2005, 03:07 AM
out of order

If the bot doesn't output colors, try disabling channel mode +m. Due to a bug it can misinterprets that as "no colors allowed" and disables its color codes.
Unread 31st March, 2005, 02:07 PM
Forum Newcomer

aha, it was that, thnx wormbo

and reporterbot not rejoining irc after mapswitch/restart is due to what?
Visit us on irc.quakenet.org
#infernal.flames
Dreams are seldom what they seem...
=iF*Xareon=
Unread 9th April, 2005, 07:52 AM
out of order

Not sure. Try enabling the debug log file, it will contain the raw traffic between the bot and the IRC server and should tell you what's wrong.
Unread 24th April, 2005, 11:31 PM
Forum Newcomer

Question

i really like the mut wormbo (cept for the occasional non-reconnect after a map swap, but eh...)

two things.

1. i cant get the chat to go both ways. it will go from game to irc, but not vice versa. i have the two-way enabled as well as the bot itself. any ideas?

2. is there anyway to get the bot to auth on other networks other than just Quakenet?